Serapa
Bancho is back! But I guess it's too late now :/
:(
Xayler

Mishyarn wrote:

Xayler wrote:

But Tbag, I had 2 - 0 against Mishyarn.
Heh but you didn't win 3 times against me. -3-
You never know how that match actually ended. ;)

Just my 2 cents, but I thought that I will lose to you and win against Mark. I should keep my excpectations down. :roll:

Btw, did you think that you have insta-win in the 9.8 AR map? :D Just asking
Serapa

Xayler wrote:

Mishyarn wrote:

Xayler wrote:

But Tbag, I had 2 - 0 against Mishyarn.

Heh but you didn't win 3 times against me. -3-

You never know how that match actually ended. ;)
Just my 2 cents, but I thought that I will lose to you and win against Mark. I should keep my excpectations down. :roll:

Listen up. I think I won when we played Youtopia cuz I looked at the leaderboard and I saw that I was in first place.
So MAYBE i had a chance to win. xD
paolostyle
Call me whiner but I really think you should continue with the group stage for groups E-H, it's only 16:30 GMT rn, Bancho is stable now, it's just waste of time. First match of group E is at 17 GMT, so like... you know.
breadman
I agree, continue some games that are supposed to happen at this time, so there will be less work next week or something [unless people are gone already]
and yeah, BANCHO IS STABLE NOW

Oh yeah, i fixed my stream and might be able to stream my pov here http://www.twitch.tv/Mark9870
bubbleosu
Go back to schedule and then do the matches, that should have been played while it was down tommorw
JTR Lone

paolostyle wrote:

Call me whiner but I really think you should continue with the group stage for groups E-H, it's only 16:30 GMT rn, Bancho is stable now, it's just waste of time. First match of group E is at 17 GMT, so like... you know.

It might over-complicate things in the long run, plus people want sleep :3
bubbleosu

JTR Lone wrote:

paolostyle wrote:

ye but if we play matches that is planned to go live now, people should be prepared for it, cause bancho going down dindt affect the matches
Topic Starter
Tebz188
We will be going with this schedule.
skilledmine
can some of the early game refs swapp with me for my last match?
StephOsu

JTR Lone wrote:

thanks for understanding
and guys yeah as he says it was difficult for us referees too due to the timezone
it's 1am over here now for both me and electroz and it's difficult for us since it's way past our sleep time right now
the canadian referees are up really early too (like since 4+am if im not wrong)
other referees probably had some other stuffs to do too and everyone actually discussed over for a while before this decision is made
besides even some player need to rest as well due to the different timezones
paolostyle

JTR Lone wrote:

paolostyle wrote:

How would that overcomplicate anything? Leave matches from groups A-D rescheduled as they are, go normally with groups E-H as it was going to, start 1st round of the bracket stage after rescheduled matches are done, do rest of the tournament next Saturday. I don't know what you're talking about.

If you don't have referees for today, I can be one, I have a lot of free time today and tomorrow. It DEFINITELY won't be the case next week. And it's just dumb (sorry) to reschedule EVERYTHING because of 2 hours delay.

And as for Steph post, honestly it looks like the schedule was badly planned from the beginning or you don't understand me.
JTR Lone

paolostyle wrote:

How would that overcomplicate anything? Leave matches from groups A-D rescheduled as they are, go normally with groups E-H as it was going to, start 1st round of the bracket stage after rescheduled matches are done, do rest of the tournament next Saturday. I don't know what you're talking about.
If you don't have referees for today, I can be one, I have a lot of free time today and tomorrow. It DEFINITELY won't be the case next week. And it's just dumb (sorry) to reschedule EVERYTHING because of 2 hours delay.

StephOsu wrote:

thanks for understanding
and guys yeah as he says it was difficult for us referees too due to the timezone
it's 1am over here now for both me and electroz and it's difficult for us since it's way past our sleep time right now
the canadian referees are up really early too (like since 4+am if im not wrong)
other referees probably had some other stuffs to do too and everyone actually discussed over for a while before this decision is made
besides even some player need to rest as well due to the different timezones

It's complicated for people that have to deal with this, not for everyone.

[Edit] Also keyword "Might"
zz-e

paolostyle wrote:

They had announced that the matches would be delayed to tomorrow, and then you want them to announce again that the matches should be played today? How many no-shows do you think that will cause..?

You can have your opinion about the original reschedule, I wasn't around at the time so I don't know, but to change it all over again will only make matters worse
skilledmine
The swap would be better for me but whrn nobody can its ok i can take my last match but.its bad for.me
StephOsu
too add on all the referees are students as well (with me being the oldest which is 21) and we all have classes as well
But still, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by this decision as it was unintended and unwelcomed by everyone of us

skilledmine wrote:

The swap would be better for me but whrn nobody can its ok i can take my last match but.its bad for.me
sorry i can't swap with you it's 12am for me and i have class on the day after so i couldn't swap with you
skilledmine
Ups i can still on this time xd so no swap
JTR Lone
With the Knock-outs being next week, I can't make it. So, sorry for the inconvenience but that's how it is on my side ;-; Maybe next time
Surplexed
So is my match being played today or tomorrow, I need an 100% answer or confirmation, it's getting a bit upsetting with the unkowing,
Upondeath
No matches today,
everything got rescheduled
look at the schedule for times
_Akira__old_1
I don't know if i can play tomorrow guys :/
JeremTheOuf
OMG THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM IN TEH SCHEDULE how can Poke_player can play two matches at the same time
http://puu.sh/mpFN6/ebb3557580.png

that's on the new schedule btw
Topic Starter
Tebz188

JeremTheOuf wrote:

OMG THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM IN TEH SCHEDULE how can Poke_player can play two matches at the same time
Fixed
Diralman

tbag188 wrote:

JeremTheOuf wrote:

Fixed
Now I have two matches at the 18:40. lol
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Diralman wrote:

Now I have two matches at the 18:40. lol
Now that is fixed
Electoz

paolostyle wrote:

And as for Steph post, honestly it looks like the schedule was badly planned from the beginning or you don't understand me.
Please explain what is "badly planned" in your perspective.

paolostyle wrote:

The decision to postpone the rest of the schedule was made before the time Bancho has came back. Because we didn't know whether how long Bancho will take his time so we decided to postpone everything to avoid confusion and just to be safe. At the time when Bancho was coming back, most of referees were offline already, I and Steph have to take some sleep, while some canadian refs didn't even get to sleep because some refs were absent.
Electoz
I separated this post from above because this post will be just my opinion look what tbag wrote below

We all know that rescheduling is inevitable, and not everyone is comfortable with a sudden change with less than 1 day notice, so here's my suggestion on this matter.

[We have to be lenient on "winning/losing by default" matches]

1. Since not every players can handle the schedule right now, if a player fails to participate a match in a scheduled time. The match can be postponed later and players can have a match on weekdays as long as it ends before Friday. Both players will have to reach an agreement about the time and send a PM to the refs/tbag so we can provide an available ref for the schedule you decided.
  2. If both players fail to reach an agreement, a player who's ready for the match today(Sunday) will take a win by default.
  3. If both players fail to participate in a match today(Sunday) and they can't reach an agreement for the match, Assuming that both player A and player B are missing :
    1. When player A is available,a ref will create a room and have player A playing on a tiebreaker, and after that, we will do the same thing when player B is available.
    2. To sum this up, we should do it like a Time-Attack mode in most racing games. (The difference is this time you have your opponent as a "ghost driver"). This is the best way I can think of to solve the problem that "I'm not available on my opponent's time" thing.
  4. Also, this rules should be exempted during the group stage(doesn't apply to the matches that have already ended) :

tbag188 wrote:

Fail participation (Reqistrating but not showing up) will result in being banned for the rest of Winter Tour
Yeah, that pretty much everything from me. [strike]AND PLEASE, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION REGARDING THE MATTER SO DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY
Sry if my English screws up btw.[/strike]

EDIT : This will be a solution for the current situation now, according to tbag188 :

tbag188 wrote:

This what Electoz said^^.

IF player cant participate today, they can still play their matches "off-schedule" before next weeks friday by contacting the opponent and refs. If a ref isn't available, take MPLink and screenshot of the bans and send them to me. I'll update this into the OP ASAP.
StephOsu

Electoz wrote:

1. Since not every players can handle the schedule right now, if a player fails to participate a match in a scheduled time. The match can be postponed later and players can have a match on weekdays as long as it ends before Friday. Both players will have to reach an agreement about the time and send a PM to the refs/tbag so we can provide an available ref for the schedule you decided.
  2. If both players fail to reach an agreement, a player who's ready for the match today(Sunday) will take a win by default.
  3. If both players fail to participate in a match today(Sunday) and they can't reach an agreement for the match, Assuming that both player A and player B are missing :
    1. When player A is available,a ref will create a room and have player A playing on a tiebreaker, and after that, we will do the same thing when player B is available.
    2. To sum this up, we should do it like a Time-Attack mode in most racing games. (The difference is this time you have your opponent as a "ghost driver"). This is the best way I can think of to solve the problem that "I'm not available on my opponent's time" thing.
[*]Also, this rules should be exempted during the group stage(doesn't apply to the matches that have already ended) :
this is actually pretty good idea and players are to discuss it among themselves and provide the MPlink and bans after that

paolostyle wrote:

yeah of course it would be badly planned it was planning within like half an hour or so by tbagg alone and he posted it here so we could review it and discuss the schedule
Akum4tion
A lot of complicated stuff is going on. I was probably too late again.
breadman

Electoz wrote:

4. Also, this rules should be exempted during the group stage(doesn't apply to the matches that have already ended) :

tbag188 wrote:

Fail participation (Reqistrating but not showing up) will result in being banned for the rest of Winter Tour
Take my upvote.
Topic Starter
Tebz188
This what Electoz said^^.

IF player cant participate today, they can still play their matches "off-schedule" before next weeks friday by contacting the opponent and refs. If a ref isn't available, take MPLink and screenshot of the bans and send them to me. I'll update this into the OP ASAP.

Edit: Added this thing onto OP

Off-scheduling matches
This is only to be used for games that were rescheduled for Sunday.

1. Players should try to find an agreement on a new match time and play it BEFORE 14.1. 12:00GMT
2. Contact Me or any referee online to find a possible referee
- If a referee can't be found players should decide which one takes the MPLink and screenshots Bans. PM them to me.
3. Proceed to play as normal.

If players don't find an agreement on a new time that is suited for both will...
A. Player who was ready to play during the rescheduled time receives win by forfeit.
B. Match will be completely nullified and neither player will be granted points, if neither of players were ready to play during rescheduled time.

It is NOT our referees responsibility to find you new match times.
Xayler
I just had some luck: http://prntscr.com/9oaoxv :roll:
skilledmine
interesting matches today so my body is rdy for the next match at 16 gmt
zz-e
Damn.. I though only the day had changed, but not the times :(
Guess I'm lucky I only missed the first match, sorry Golgazh!
Viveliam

zz-e wrote:

Maybe you can reschedule a match if Golgazh agrees
zz-e

shizkiller wrote:

zz-e wrote:

Maybe you can reschedule a match if Golgazh agrees
That might be an idea. Will ask him.
JeremTheOuf
Getting first of group D.
How awesome that is.
Totally didn't expect this.

So damn cool.
Topic Starter
Tebz188
After 18:00 GMT Swell will be taking over for the rest of night. Please be gentle with him!
skilledmine
so many ffs this time
zz-e

JeremTheOuf wrote:

Getting first of group D.
How awesome that is.
Totally didn't expect this.

So damn cool.
And your reward shall be: a match against me :D
show more