forum

IGZ WT 2015-16 #3 [CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Electoz

Xayler wrote:

36 participants, nice. How the groups are made btw? Randomly or rank or?
Now's your chance to answer now tbag!!
Btw did you just forget to add me to the staff list? lol. shoot I didn't answer that mail
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Electoz wrote:

Now's your chance to answer now tbag!!
YES SOMETHING I ONLY KNOW!!!

Xayler wrote:

36 participants, nice. How the groups are made btw? Randomly or rank or?
You guys are seeded into pools and every group will have 1 player from each pool. So it's part of both.
skilledmine
So many guys :D
JeremTheOuf

tbag188 wrote:

Damn... even players are faster to answer than I.
yes i do answer faster than you x)
Cold Femboy
Player Name: IamEld3st
Current Rank: 199694
Nationality: Czech Republic
Favourite Map?: Highscore :3
Euphorye
Is 13:00 GMT like, GMT +0?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Allenwalker88 wrote:

Yes
Euphorye

tbag188 wrote:

Allenwalker88 wrote:

Yes
So if I'm 11+ GMT it'll be like midnight for me kinda?
Logicians
Wait, so if I'm in pst, this will start at 5 am? Count me out :P. Remove me from the competitors list please, I won't be able to make it :?
Electoz
I'll say this to avoid any further misunderstandings, this is my interpretation as a referee ONLY. tbag correct me if I'm wrong in any part of this

From the information I have received, the first match will be started at 13.00 GMT and will go until midnight at latest.
What does this mean? It means that the first match of the tournament will start at 13.00 . But it doesn't mean that you will have your first match EXACTLY on 13.00 . tbag himself will adjust a reasonable schedules with your timezone(s). The workload we(referees and staff) received ourselves covered 11 hours. That should be more than enough for every timezone(s).

By the way tbag, how do you gonna do if participants in the same group have too much time difference? This is the first time I'm reffing in your tournament so I'm just curious.

Anyway, what I said above might not be 100% correct. But I have to say something here just in case that you're thinking of withdrawing from the tourney. So don't be hasty about things.
zz-e

Logicians wrote:

Wait, so if I'm in pst, this will start at 5 am? Count me out :P. Remove me from the competitors list please, I won't be able to make it :?
What Electoz says is true. The American participants were scheduled to play around 6 o'clock GMT last time, which is about 9 to 12 am for Americans.

Though for Australian peeps (i.e. Alienwalker) I have to say the probability of playing at night might be quite large..
DewVoltage
Player Name: DewVoltage
Current Rank: 101829 (May change around a bit) :P
Nationality: United States
Favourite Map?: Nightmare(Maxin Remix)

First time competing in an Osu tournament hype! (I'm prepared to get rekt.) :D
Surplexed
Player Name: Surplexed
Current Rank: 116006
Nationality: United States
Favourite Map: Everything Will Freeze

First time competing as well ^_^ Going to be fun
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Allenwalker88 wrote:

So if I'm 11+ GMT it'll be like midnight for me kinda?
Yea that is correct, and with the current number of participants (5 players x 8 groups) your last match, even if placed in the first group would be anywhere between 2AM to 3AM. If we go to the other extreme (and have matches as LATE as possible) the games would begin somewhere between 19GMT->21GMT being 6AM or 8AM your time.

I know these times can suck for peeps on the extreme east or west looking at from EU, but this is the best way (so far I've discovered) to reach as many as possible players around the globe.

Electoz wrote:

From the information I have received, the first match will be started at 13.00 GMT and will go until midnight at latest.
What does this mean? It means that the first match of the tournament will start at 13.00 . But it doesn't mean that you will have your first match EXACTLY on 13.00 . tbag himself will adjust a reasonable schedules with your timezone(s). The workload we(referees and staff) received ourselves covered 11 hours. That should be more than enough for every timezone(s).

By the way tbag, how do you gonna do if participants in the same group have too much time difference? This is the first time I'm reffing in your tournament so I'm just curious.

Anyway, what I said above might not be 100% correct. But I have to say something here just in case that you're thinking of withdrawing from the tourney. So don't be hasty about things.
I didn't find anything wrong in your message, latest group to start their matches (Group F last time) started at around 18:30GMT.

Simple enough, that's why I am using a pool ranking before drawing ppl into their final groups. The players from US for example will automatically be placed in the later starting groups filling their pools slot in that group, while Asian players will be placed in the earlier groups filling their pools respective slots in them. Europeans can pretty much be placed in any group.
UtaXB
When we get the two last people in, what would the full schedule look like?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

X-Blade wrote:

When we get the two last people in, what would the full schedule look like?
I'll post the link to docs already tonight or later tomorrow, there are already the refs and base of the schedule.
Xayler
Hmm, if I'm rank 86k at the moment, then do I have a high chance of being a seed?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Xayler wrote:

Hmm, if I'm rank 86k at the moment, then do I have a high chance of being a seed?
The seeding goes like this. IGZWT points>Rank. And players are placed into 5 Pools (Top Seed/High Seed/Mid Seed/Low Seed/No Seed). Looking at your rank I'd say you fall somewhere around High or Mid seeded pools.

ie. Player A has 100pts and is 120K ranked while Player B has no points and is 80K ranked, will the Player A have higher(or same) seeding as Player B.

The system is in noway perfect, but neither would be just looking at everyones rankings.
Xayler

tbag188 wrote:

Xayler wrote:

The seeding goes like this. IGZWT points>Rank. And players are placed into 5 Pools (Top Seed/High Seed/Mid Seed/Low Seed/No Seed). Looking at your rank I'd say you fall somewhere around High or Mid seeded pools.

ie. Player A has 100pts and is 120K ranked while Player B has no points and is 80K ranked, will the Player A have higher(or same) seeding as Player B.

The system is in noway perfect, but neither would be just looking at everyones rankings.
Hmm, it's quite understandable, but this can make things easier for me (if I don't fail), as I don't have those points.
UtaXB

shizkiller wrote:

Player Name: Shizkiller
Current Rank: #121545
Nationality: Dutch
Favourite Map: ONE OK ROCK - Clock Strikes

First time participating in a tournament. pls go easy on me.
It's my first time too, good luck.
Viveliam

X-Blade wrote:

shizkiller wrote:

Player Name: Shizkiller
Current Rank: #121545
Nationality: Dutch
Favourite Map: ONE OK ROCK - Clock Strikes

First time participating in a tournament. pls go easy on me.
It's my first time too, good luck.
Thanks.
Maybe we can have a practice match if you want.
Xayler
I practiced with Dasvi a couple days ago, I wouldn't mind it. Anyways happy new year everyone here. :D
Euphorye

Xayler wrote:

I practiced with Dasvi a couple days ago, I wouldn't mind it. Anyways happy new year everyone here. :D
You too. Got my new years present - 1000 pp
Xayler

Allenwalker88 wrote:

Xayler wrote:

You too. Got my new years present - 1000 pp
Nice, I remember getting it like a week ago, good milestone.

But I hate myself because I didn't get 1337pp, got more... :x

Anyways my global acc is now more than 95% which was one of my goals so far, I will need to get my mojo in tournament and then I will be unstoppable. 8-)
Euphorye
You too. Got my new years present - 1000 pp[/quote]

Nice, I remember getting it like a week ago, good milestone.

But I hate myself because I didn't get 1337pp, got more... :x

Anyways my global acc is now more than 95% which was one of my goals so far, I will need to get my mojo in tournament and then I will be unstoppable. 8-)[/quote]

I got like 90% overall acc heh

Quoting it like, so stuffed up
Xayler
Well, I had 91% accuracy 2 weeks ago, and the best way to improve it is just to play your current skill level maps (the real skill, not 5* ones), example for me it's currently 3-4* maps, I've basically only played them so give it a try. ;)
Euphorye

Xayler wrote:

Well, I had 91% accuracy 2 weeks ago, and the best way to improve it is just to play your current skill level maps (the real skill, not 5* ones), example for me it's currently 3-4* maps, I've basically only played them so give it a try. ;)

Buttttttt, my 5* maps call out to me in my sleep ;), nah not really but i can't find any maps of that caliber i enjoy annoyingly
UtaXB

shizkiller wrote:

Thanks. Maybe we can have a practice match if you want.
Sure, I'll check with Here100 if he wants to join today too.
UtaXB

Allenwalker88 wrote:

Xayler wrote:

Buttttttt, my 5* maps call out to me in my sleep ;), nah not really but i can't find any maps of that caliber i enjoy annoyingly
92% here...
Cold Femboy
Sadly dont have time on 9.1. So sign me out :(
Euphorye

X-Blade wrote:

shizkiller wrote:

Thanks. Maybe we can have a practice match if you want.
Sure, I'll check with Here100 if he wants to join today too.
When would this practice be?
- Kameyo -
I would be up for a practice match too if anyone would like to :)
Electoz

- Kameyo - wrote:

I would be up for a practice match too if anyone would like to :)
A practice match seems pretty fun though. I agree with this.

So yeah, if you guys lack some people to play with then you can call me in.
UtaXB
Ok, so with practice matches and shit:

Me and Here100 played one yesterday.

I will stream the entire thing.
Add me as a friend and I will post when we can start on this post, ok?
I've been up for 36 hours, my stomach is feeling weird and I'm tired, so I am going to take a small nap (almost wrote map).
I will be streaming all the days from yesterday to the last day of the tourney.
Getting in a skype call or something could also be a cool thing we could do. :D
Topic Starter
Tebz188
sign me the fuck up.

topkek, I'm no much of an practice opponent but enjoy osu! in its everyform
Tedda
UtaXB
I'm starting the multiplayer match in about 30 minutes.
Topic Starter
Tebz188

X-Blade wrote:

rn I got something else. smthng smthng maps for other tournament smthng smthng
UtaXB

tbag188 wrote:

X-Blade wrote:

rn I got something else. smthng smthng maps for other tournament smthng smthng
o-O
breadman
wow 40 players :O so many :S

So.. Since i had problems about time last time, and my friend just helped me, i want to verify
1:00 PM (13:00) GMT = 9:00 PM (21:00) Philippines Time ?

X-Blade wrote:

Getting in a skype call or something could also be a cool thing we could do.
A skype call would be nice :D
show more