forum

Questions about maps with 0 spinners.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soweon
Question 1:
So I just got #1 on this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/743317?m=0
On the beatmap page it shows me as #1, in my profile it says I got #1, however in the game it shows me as #2. (Screenshot)
Why does this happen?

Question 2:
My first #1 was on this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/800601?m=0
In my profile it says I'm #1, however on the beatmap page I'm not #1 and in the game I'm not #1 either.
It's supposed to be whoever gets the score first get the higher rank, but when I look at the dates/times of the current top 50, they all achieved their score later than me.
How does this work? If too many people get the same score, it messes up the leaderboard? :s
Can this be fixed? :$

Question 3:
One of my first all-mod scores on a map with 0 spinners was achieved on my old computer, so I don't have the replay anymore (and I'm not in the top 50 so it didn't save my replay online). When I play the map again, and get the same score, my replay won't save because it only saves it the first time you get the score apparently.
So now I'm wondering; is there maybe a way to get my replay to save anyways?
(Or why can't it just save the replay of the last time you got the score, instead of the first?)

I might need someone from the osu team to answer these?
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, if not, sorry.
Vuelo Eluko
no they wont do anything they didnt even fix lewa's play when he 99% fc'd chipscape but had 50 less combo than everyone else because of a bug.
do you think they care about your irrelevant 1 star spinner play that noone cares about yet you still made a thinly veiled bragging thread about
Endaris
For tied scores it's first come first serve, meaning that the person who did the score first will be #1.
I don't have a clue what happened in your first example to the ingame load though.

Regarding question 3, the previous answer applies.
Aside from that you can watch the replay of every single one of your local scores that's not older than about 2013 by clicking on the score.

/edit: There was a fix for score calculation regarding sliders recently so maybe your SS has 20-100 points less despite being SS on the second one.
Zare

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

no they wont do anything they didnt even fix lewa's play when he 99% fc'd chipscape but had 50 less combo than everyone else because of a bug.
do you think they care about your irrelevant 1 star spinner play that noone cares about yet you still made a thinly veiled bragging thread about
holy shit, is this kind of circlejerking really what osu has come to? Oh my fucking god listen to you. That's being an asshole on a whole new level.
Topic Starter
Soweon

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

I just want my questions answered. Questions which happen to be about easy-to-get scores. How is that bragging?
Topic Starter
Soweon

Endaris wrote:

For tied scores it's first come first serve, meaning that the person who did the score first will be #1.
I don't have a clue what happened in your first example to the ingame load though.

Regarding question 3, the previous answer applies.
Aside from that you can watch the replay of every single one of your local scores that's not older than about 2013 by clicking on the score.

/edit: There was a fix for score calculation regarding sliders recently so maybe your SS has 20-100 points less despite being SS on the second one.
I know it's first come first serve. But look at question 2. I came first, but now someone else is first? So that rule stops working somehow, I'd like to know how and why.

It saved my local score on my old computer, it's not on my new computer. When I click the local score, there's no replay.
Endaris
But you can click your new play right? EVERY SINGLE PLAY on your local scores will be saved as a replay in your LOCAL SCORES.
I can't give any further feedback on case 2 as I can't even see when you got that score.

Editing your posts is also a thing.
And you posted in the wrong subforum, this belongs into Help.
Topic Starter
Soweon

Endaris wrote:

But you can click your new play right? EVERY SINGLE PLAY on your local scores will be saved as a replay in your LOCAL SCORES.
I can't give any further feedback on case 2 as I can't even see when you got that score.

Nope, not every single play, if the score is exactly the same, it doesn't save the new score.
I got my score at 10-11-2015 17:00:44 (Screenshot)
The person in first place now got it at 10-11-2015 17:31:50.
I know for a fact that there have been many people who also got the same score between my and his time and they all disappeared from the top 50.
Vuelo Eluko
if you leave the scoring screen with esc or back too quickly it will often not save replay data
theres nothing stopping you from hitting f2 after the play either
wasteland pls
Endaris
You still got the option to delete your non-replay local score so a new one will save(rightclick for singular delete option).
-Makishima S-
Q1: Does this realy matter? Holy, from where 1* maps are so "hype worth"?

Q2: No it can't be fixed and nobody cares, there is nothing wrong with leaderboard. Everyone is tied as #1 but who first do score, he land on leaderboard.

Q3: After each play hit F2 and collect replays if you need them. Best way to save time and problems.
Topic Starter
Soweon

Endaris wrote:

You still got the option to delete your non-replay local score so a new one will save(rightclick for singular delete option).
Thank you, I didn't know about this option, this is what I needed.

[Taiga] wrote:

Q1: Does this realy matter? Holy, from where 1* maps are so "hype worth"?

Q2: No it can't be fixed and nobody cares, there is nothing wrong with leaderboard. Everyone is tied as #1 but who first do score, he land on leaderboard.

Q3: After each play hit F2 and collect replays if you need them. Best way to save time and problems.
I just want my questions answered. Why are you talking about "hype worth"?

You don't care, some people might. Obviously there is something wrong with the leaderboard as I got the score first and disappeared from the leaderboard. Did you even read everything? :s
-Makishima S-
Obviously there is something wrong with the leaderboard as I got the score first and disappeared from the leaderboard. Did you even read everything? :s
Show your local record from map with time and date.
Topic Starter
Soweon

[Taiga] wrote:

Obviously there is something wrong with the leaderboard as I got the score first and disappeared from the leaderboard. Did you even read everything? :s
Show your local record from map with time and date.
I already did, in my reply to Endaris.
SPOILER

Soweon wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Nope, not every single play, if the score is exactly the same, it doesn't save the new score.
I got my score at 10-11-2015 17:00:44 (Screenshot)
The person in first place now got it at 10-11-2015 17:31:50.
I know for a fact that there have been many people who also got the same score between my and his time and they all disappeared from the top 50.
-Makishima S-
You have a point but i honestly doubt someone will get into this.

support@osu.ppy.sh
Ask here.
Topic Starter
Soweon

[Taiga] wrote:

You have a point but i honestly doubt someone will get into this.

support@osu.ppy.sh
Ask here.
Hmmm, I thought that was only for account related issues, but I'll give it a try. Thanks.