forum

[Archived] osu! mania - First note freezes for a millisecond

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anominous_old
Problem Details:
I've had this problem for a while now but i just ignored it thinking maybe it'll just go away after a few updates but it's still there and slowly starting to get on my nerves. Everytime i play a specific beatmap, I get this 1-ms freeze when the first note drops and sometimes halfway through the game, i get this consistent lag which happens at a specified time, Restarting the beatmap won't help either. I don't have this on all of my beatmaps, just a few, but still, it irks me when i'm trying to achieve SS. I have my storyboard and video on and yes, i know these might be the cause but i don't like playing without them. I'm already in compatibility mode and i don't want to switch to fallback. Are there any ways besides these to get rid of this problem? Like Improving PC Performance?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151217.3 (latest)
Blaizer
Could you please post the beatmap where this happens the most frequently?
Topic Starter
Anominous_old
Blaizer
Looks like it's definitely the storyboard causing it, so not related to osu!mania specifically at all.
Topic Starter
Anominous_old
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/80747 forgot to add this one, the most notorious and it doesn't even have video. If it's the storyboard, guess i'll just have to disable it then :(
TheVileOne
The first map doesn't have a storyboard. How can it be the storyboard? I'm going to assume you meant the video. The video could have been a lower quality. If you can't play with the video, you're just going to live without the video.