forum

[web] New Section for "Top 100" Ranks in Your Profile

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +177
Topic Starter
ReesesPuffs
It would be nice if we had a new section in your profile that displays all the maps you have a top 100 rank on.

There is a section already for first place ranks, but only the top 1% have any scores on there. The majority of osu! players will never even see a score there. Top 100 (or top 50 if you want it to be really exclusive) shows your accomplishments in skill not reflected from your highest pp scores, and doesn't ignore the 99% of people not at that level of setting first place ranks yet.
Endaris
Topic Starter
ReesesPuffs

Endaris wrote:

http://osustats.ppy.sh/
I think it's nice, but we shouldn't have to go to a separate site (even if it's hosted on ppy.sh) to get this information. Our profile page is the page most people view on the site anyway. It just makes sense to put it on there.
FrenzyLi
I didn't even know http://osustats.ppy.sh/ existed, speaking of information speed in osu... (no offense)
Top 1 Rank is useless for most of the players anyway-- one such message is issued per map because there's usually only 1 #1 score per map. Even a Top 50 is desirable in this case because getting in the top 50 is such a wonderful thing.
Eat my stars.
- Marco -
wailord2700
one star because me gusta :)
Sea_Food
What about doing something similar to dota? I mean what if you were allowed to choose like 3-5 "showcase scores" from all of the ranked scores you had. Would show your stats (rank, accuracy, pp, combo possibly?) for each of them.

I bet even newer players have some scores they are proud of. This would allow them to show off their HT airman pass or something.
Endaris
Technically you could put such on your profile via screenshots or into your signature. Many people do that already for untracked scores - EZ-players for instance.
Imo the existence of the osustats-site is enough and anyone interested enough in it will be able to find it quickly. For me it's the second entry in google when I search for "osu! top 50" at least...
Sea_Food

Endaris wrote:

Technically you could put such on your profile via screenshots or into your signature. Many people do that already for untracked scores - EZ-players for instance.
Imo the existence of the osustats-site is enough and anyone interested enough in it will be able to find it quickly. For me it's the second entry in google when I search for "osu! top 50" at least...
Technically you can put anything that is on your userpage to the signature. So i guess thats kinda moot point.
Endaris
The argument by OP is still bad as Top50 or Top100 would still be a privilege of the best players just like how #1 is a privilege to the best players right now.
If you actually care about getting #1 on some map for prestige there's nothing that keeps you from doing so once you reached a certain skilllevel.
And I don't think the argument is pointless as public scores unrelated to your top plays are some kind of personal exhibition that not everyone wants anyway.
Adding such a feature for some people who have existing options to show off is kind of pointless.
Comet

Something like this would work pretty well!

Also, shoutout to the cameos of the goofy people in Toke's discord, they're awesome :> Just ignore their jokes if it triggers you lmao
Sea_Food
Worst crop 2015. Also why do u have the windows bar at both sides of your left screen???
Topic Starter
ReesesPuffs
Cometblazer's picture is exactly what I had in mind. Could even possibly show your current rank on the map.
Comet

Sea_Food wrote:

Worst crop 2015. Also why do u have the windows bar at both sides of your left screen???
It's what happens what you're on Windows 10 and you use dual monitors. I also have them reversed because I wanted to go back to playing osu! on my old 1680x1050 one, it's weird as hell.
Pituophis

Endaris wrote:

http://osustats.ppy.sh/
Unfortunately, it's almost never updated.
Bara-
While I don't see it working on top100, it should be a nice addition for top 50