forum

[resolved] Error "." When uploading.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bastian
Problem Details:This is really bugging me.

So when i try to upload a beatmap it just goes as normally:

-First it just "sends changes" like it does normally everytime
-When that is finished, it does "Distributing globally" like normally....
-When its finished, it does the same thing AGAIN...
-When its finished, it does it AGAIN!!!
-Then it does the same thing for about 4 more times...
-When that is FINALLY finished, it gives me an error (see picture)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
TRANSLATION: Error during upload: .

osu! version: 20151202.3 (latest)
Pawsu
t/388637
Please refer to there.
On a side note, did you try uploading from Stable(Fallback)?
Trosk-
If you are getting the "." as error message it's probably a temporary issue with the BSS. Iirc, the problems with the BSS related to the release stream weren't even getting the "." as error message, just an empty "Error during upload".
Bara-

Trosk- wrote:

If you are getting the "." as error message it's probably a temporary issue with the BSS. Iirc, the problems with the BSS related to the release stream weren't even getting the "." as error message, just an empty "Error during upload".
Temporary? it's been happening for multiple days now
Trosk-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

Temporary? it's been happening for multiple days now
Even from Stable (Fallback)? I don't think so. What error message were you getting these days, the one with the dot or the one without the dot?
Topic Starter
Bastian

Pawsu wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/388637
Please refer to there.
On a side note, did you try uploading from Stable(Fallback)?
No i haven't.

I will test this now, will edit this with the result.
EDIT
Same error as showed in the picture, Stable Fallback and Stable Latest Won't Fix this.
Bara-
Tried on all builds
Wait... There is a difference between dot and no dot?
I thought everyone forget to see it O.o (I have a dot)
Strange thing is, yesterday, I was able to update Love Live! Songs compilation and Hatsune Miku no Gekishou, though Remember Me and Torokeru Mae ni Kyuushutsu Da were giving me error during upload:.'s
Trosk-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Tried on all builds
Strange thing is, yesterday, I was able to update Love Live! Songs compilation and Hatsune Miku no Gekishou, though Remember Me and Torokeru Mae ni Kyuushutsu Da were giving me error during upload:.'s
That's why peppy wants people with problems to upload the map in question to puush or something plus the network.log after getting the error in Cutting Edge, and then provide them in the forums.
Topic Starter
Bastian

Trosk- wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Tried on all builds
That's why peppy wants people with problems to upload the map in question to puush or something plus the network.log after getting the error in Cutting Edge, and then provide them in the forums.
Do i need to provide a network.log? >.<
Bara-
Network.log p/4729417
Will upload to puush when I am at my pc (aka tomorrow morning, cause it's late here)
Trosk-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Network.log p/4729417
Will upload to puush when I am at my pc (aka tomorrow morning, cause it's late here)
That log doesn't show any error :/ Try to get the network.log after getting an error with the upload.

Also, seems like the error with the dot is not happening anymore, it was a serverside issue.
Topic Starter
Bastian
IT WORKS NOW! thanks everyone for helping :)