forum

New tablet question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Eden
So im getting a Huion H420 from my birthday in 2 weeks and its my first tablet. I would have gotten a Wacom tablet but with the pricing and my current skill, i dont need to spend that much as of yet. Im really excited to get to set it up and play with it, i just have this thought and i feel like i should ask.
For all of you tablet players, how long did it take for you to get used to playing with the tablet?

I've talked about this with a couple of people in osu chat and the answers i've gotten so far are about 2 hours and at least a day. I know this is a personal thing about how fast i learn to use the new equipment but i would like to know how you learned to use it and how long it took, so i can look at my learning progress compared to other peoples. :)
Mahogany
It took me about 1 day to get used to the basic functions of my tablet: Fundamentals, how to aim, not lifting the pen out of tracking range.
It took me about a week to get consistently better than my mouse play.
After a month, aiming with a tablet became completely natural to me.
Portin
It took long me to find a config that suit me, but when i found it was a question of hours to get suit me
MyAngelRemi
i have been playing with tablet for 1 year now and haven't yet beat my aim with mouse. i think i used 2 months to learn to do 4 star jump maps again.
mukti
It took me maybe a week to switch from my mouse to a tablet; but now I can't really play with a mouse XD
Raniemi
I have been playing with a tablet for almost a month now and still haven't gotten used to it but maybe that's because
I have been using a mouse for almost 2 years and I have rarely been playing until recently.

You can probably get used to a tablet in a day if you actually spend a few hours practicing hard.
Kimitakari
It took me around a 2 weeks to switch from my mouse to a tablet