forum

Streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lutoriko
Hey guys, I've been playing Osu! for little over a year now but I've always struggled with streaming in general. Is there anyway to improve and possibly be able to stream the streams in a map like Freedom Dive?
A r M i N

Lutoriko wrote:

Hey guys, I've been playing Osu! for little over a year now but I've always struggled with streaming in general. Is there anyway to improve and possibly be able to stream the streams in a map like Freedom Dive?
^
If you say your bad at streaming, your not becoming cookiezi in one day bro,

Start with 160bpm
180bpm
190bpm
200bpm

i did that and now i am pretty good at streaming i guess, just keep playing

My recommendation is for example Dragonforce - Defenders + NF its a great song and a great map and the streams are fun (190bpm)
Endaris
Play more streams. Take a look at RaneFire's profile and raise the bpm step by step until you can stream 222bpm
Topic Starter
Lutoriko
Thank you for the quick reply and with the advice, I'll try it (:
Deva

A r M i N wrote:

+ NF
Dont practice with NF. Ever.
ZenithPhantasm
P L A Y M O R E
Kondou-Shinichi

HK_ wrote:

A r M i N wrote:

+ NF
I don't see the reason why.
Roricon

TheUnReturned wrote:

HK_ wrote:

I don't see the reason why.
Because you'll create bad habits. I learned myself streaming by only playing 185-195 bpm maps with nf and now I can't stream anything under 185 bpm and it is really hard to get rid of my bad habit, no idea if I ever will.
Endaris

tomden wrote:

Because you'll create bad habits. I learned myself streaming by only playing spamming 185-195 bpm maps with nf and now I can't stream anything under 185 bpm and it is really hard to get rid of my bad habit, no idea if I ever will.
Trying to stream Cackletta Soul Battle with NF isn't a bad thing.
NF is always an option for maps that boast high drain and are good for practice.
tecu

tomden wrote:

Because you'll create bad habits. I learned myself streaming by only playing 185-195 bpm maps with nf and now I can't stream anything under 185 bpm and it is really hard to get rid of my bad habit, no idea if I ever will.
That really depends on how you use NF. I think telling people to never ever use NF is a bit of a stretch. I train with NF a lot and have no problem at all.
Mahogany
The general rule is if you need NF to pass a map you probably shouldn't be playing it. Try HT instead if you have that much trouble.

Naturally there are always exceptions, though, so keep that in mind.
Roricon
Only play maps that you should be able to pass and don't do shit like this http://puu.sh/lUjLn/5c8250df74.jpg. This is how I learned myself to stream 2+ years ago kept spamming 185-195 bpm stream maps till I could finally pass them. Now whenever i see a stream my hand goes autopilot, can't control it(really freaks me out). The result is that now 2 years later I still cant stream anything below 185 bpm. No clue how to fix it. So please learn playing this game the proper way.
Endaris
That has nothing to do with NF though.
Just you ignoring that D is short for DONT!
Roricon

Endaris wrote:

That has nothing to do with NF though.
Just you ignoring that D is short for DONT!
Dunno I see NF as a bad thing now. I seriously have like 20 maps that I played like this http://puu.sh/lUn0s/4ad291f349.jpg(I played this like 50 times with nf going from 6%(yes fukin 6) to 80% acc). The first 5 months I played osu nf was my most used mod even more than nomod and it has given me alot of bad habits that I cant get rid of. You should learn the game gradually. And me ignoring that D, I had like 2-5k playcount total when I did those plays its not like I had the skill to fix them.
Bauxe
nofailnopoint
Endie-
This topic just became a discussion about whether or not you should practice with NF. Lets help OP instead guys.
vsprite
there is no shortcut to streaming, just practise more. It'll pay off eventually.
RaneFire
This game has been around for a long time, and so have some of the players. Don't belittle their accomplishments by thinking there are shortcuts. There are none. Just practice. The only potential shortcut is the amount of time you are willing to spend on this game versus your calendar.
silento
If you really want to stream, start out by playing maps with a lot of streams to push what your fingers can follow. Then start teaching yourself control by practicing on the lowest bpm you can. Those long stream practice maps (while awful for teaching how to start streaming) are good as a midway point to build the consistency, accuracy and stamina needed to stream for longer.

If you want maps to practice, just ask us.