forum

Keyboard Hand Position

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Abysswalker_old_1
Disclaimer: I didn't really know where to put this topic, so feel free to move it accordingly if it is in the wrong spot.

So, I took some time off of osu! for about 1 month, and I started playing again 2 days ago.
While my aim seems to be intact, wich is good, i'm finding it hard to do streams or piles of notes.
I've been told that my hand position on the keyboard sucks.

http://imgur.com/GajSowW
You can't probably see clearly but my hand is kinda "floating" and the only thing on the keyboard is my "z and x" finger and my thumb.

I can't stream/complete piles of notes for crap, and instead of something like zxzxzxzxzxz it becomes something like zxxzxzxxxz.
Most streamers I see put their palm on the table.
Any tips to help a guy out?
Knit_old_1
you have hairy arms
ZenithPhantasm

Knit wrote:

you have hairy arms
Shave arms to gain streaming ability of 300 bpm man
Topic Starter
Abysswalker_old_1

Knit wrote:

you have hairy arms
Genes, can't do anything about that, and it doesn't bother me.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Shave arms to gain streaming ability of 300 bpm man
I don't actually think that would work, but hey, if it worked for you, good for you.
Houtarou Oreki
I have the exactly same position of hand, floating, touching with only index, middle finger and thumb, but I have no problem in streaming at all. In my opinion it's just a matter of practice, try to practice streaming accurately from the lowest bpm to the highest. But remember, you must tryhard to do this accurately, index finger, middle finger, index finger, and so on, while keeping the accuracy as high as possible. That's how I trained streams, now I can stream 400bpm with one finger 180bpm up to 20 notes stream with 300s only.

These maps may help: Various Artist - Long Stream Practice Maps
Topic Starter
Abysswalker_old_1

Abysswalker wrote:

Disclaimer: I didn't really know where to put this topic, so feel free to move it accordingly if it is in the wrong spot.

So, I took some time off of osu! for about 1 month, and I started playing again 2 days ago.
While my aim seems to be intact, wich is good, i'm finding it hard to do streams or piles of notes.
I've been told that my hand position on the keyboard sucks.

http://imgur.com/GajSowW
You can't probably see clearly but my hand is kinda "floating" and the only thing on the keyboard is my "z and x" finger and my thumb.

I can't stream/complete piles of notes for crap, and instead of something like zxzxzxzxzxz it becomes something like zxxzxzxxxz.
Most streamers I see put their palm on the table.
Any tips to help a guy out?
Those are the maps I've been practicing for the past 2 days actually, but the problem is that I actually can't do zxzxzxz, I miss triples sometimes, who misses triples nowadays, it's kinda frustrating, but I'll keep at it I guess.
My keyboard is probably dying as well, that might be a problem too, since I've been playing for so long witht this keyboard taht the keys are stiff af. I'll try to play with anotehr one to see if there is a difference.
Houtarou Oreki

Abysswalker wrote:

Those are the maps I've been practicing for the past 2 days actually, but the problem is that I actually can't do zxzxzxz, I miss triples sometimes, who misses triples nowadays, it's kinda frustrating, but I'll keep at it I guess.
My keyboard is probably dying as well, that might be a problem too, since I've been playing for so long witht this keyboard taht the keys are stiff af. I'll try to play with anotehr one to see if there is a difference.
good luck
dung eater
I used to have more problems with a floating hand in the air. Try to keep the hand at the same height consistently. Don't let it go too close to your keyboard or it will make tapping harder.
Enrico27
My thumb is away from da keyboard which is my orig style of playing on streams but now im having problem on streams too so im putting my pinky ones on the key board to provide support to my middle finger to tap responsively reply pls
Houtarou Oreki

Enrico27 wrote:

My thumb is away from da keyboard which is my orig style of playing on streams but now im having problem on streams too so im putting my pinky ones on the key board to provide support to my middle finger to tap responsively reply pls
My thumb is either away (like yours) or pressing onto the lower edge of the keyboard, depending on map intensity. Ring and pinky are pressing lightly onto some keys, but never enough to push them in.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Your hand/arm possition it's nice if you don't touch the table.
You will get used to it fast, but sitdown well on chair to don't get back problems due to stay in weird possition tons of hours.
Just take more distance from keyboard if you want to stream higher bpm, or stay like that if you rather acc UR.
Make sure your arm it's not in a closed angle to let your muscles work well.
Practice streams with halftime to underatand how to read them and build better muscle memory.
Rynnavinx
my boys this is old p0st
Houtarou Oreki

Radiant Rayv wrote:

my boys this is old p0st
OP doesn't even play the game anymore
zacherman
rip OP