forum

[Archived] 120FPS VS. 240FPS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyGazing
Problem Details: My computer is pretty old, so whenever I run 120FPS, usually the frames will drop often. Sometimes the drops aren't even noticeable and sometimes my computer screen just freezes. Once I used 240FPS though, the FPS raises to about 140-170 so I was wondering how come my FPS isn't stable when I'm on 120FPS even though my computer can raise to about 155. Whenever I play on 240, my computer screen freezes more than I do when I'm on 240FPS. The "Reduce dropped frames" button helps a little with the situation, but not as much to stop a screen freeze. Anyone else having this problem? :o :(

osu! version: 20151202.3 (stable latest)
Deimos
are you sure that it's osu's fault when you get freezes? did you close all programs in the background? like browser, skype, discord, teamspeak, flu.x, etc. etc.
XPridNet94X
What is your specs on your computer? I have been running 120FPS for quite a while and seeing no issues on it. Could be your PC specs or your backgrounds programs.
Topic Starter
SkyGazing
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9200
Gaming Graphics: 1919 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary Hard Disk: 166GB Free (582GB Total)
System Type: 64-bit operating system
Display Adapter Type: NVIDIA GeForce 9200
Total available graphics memory 1919 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 64 MB
Shared system memory 1599 MB
DirectX version: DirectX 10

Is my computer graphics too bad to run Osu?
Sailor Mercury

XXKiritoXXAsuna wrote:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9200
Gaming Graphics: 1919 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary Hard Disk: 166GB Free (582GB Total)
System Type: 64-bit operating system
Display Adapter Type: NVIDIA GeForce 9200
Total available graphics memory 1919 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 64 MB
Shared system memory 1599 MB
DirectX version: DirectX 10

Is my computer graphics too bad to run Osu?
It looks old but completely fine to play Osu! on. Infact, my spects are 8x more higher and I experience the same problem. This stuff doesn't happen when I run BO3 or GTA V on ultra settings. It's definitely osu! I tried updating and going back to stable-fallback and I get the same results. Sometimes, I feel like it's the response time, though. I don't really see my FPS dropping but I'm getting this ugly unbearable lag that stops me from playing faster songs. There was also an update on the 10th that allows your response time to display below your frame rate.
Topic Starter
SkyGazing

Deimos wrote:

are you sure that it's osu's fault when you get freezes? did you close all programs in the background? like browser, skype, discord, teamspeak, flu.x, etc. etc.
I set my priority on Osu! to "High" so that should mean that my computer prioritizes on Osu the most the the problem still persists :/ Running programs in the background shouldn't affect this too much