forum

need some help with skinning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elite_panda
hi today i downloaded a blank osu skin and i want to modifiy it and kinda design my own stuff i got a question doe there is some text script or something like that what is that? and am i alloowed to post a skin with some parts that is not mine like the cursor?

here are all the text documents

//Mania skin config
ColumnLineWidth: 0.7
ColumnStart: 136
BarlineWidth: 1.2
HitPosition: 402
SpecialStyle: 0
SpecialPositionLeft: 1
UpsideDown: 0
JudgementLine: 1
ScorePosition: 325
ComboPosition: 111
FontCombo: score
LightFramePerSecond: 24
ColumnWidth: 30,30,30,30
ColumnLine: 1,1,1,1,1
//Colours
//images
//Keys
Key0: A
Key1: S
Key2: D
Key3: F

help pls :)
Dazdy_old
The 4k file is for mania stuff. There should be a skin.ini file which contains all the settings. The skin will not open without that file.
You can post skins that aren't all yours, but you must have permission from the creator and credit them unless they say you don't need permission. If your skin is mostly other people's work, you can't post it on the forums.
Topic Starter
elite_panda
ok and can i keep the ini file without permission? since idk how to code xD
Topic Starter
elite_panda
also how do i private message the creator of the beatmap that i took some stuff off like the cursor and some other things to have permission to have it in my skin?
Abysswalker_old_1

elite_panda wrote:

also how do i private message the creator of the beatmap that i took some stuff off like the cursor and some other things to have permission to have it in my skin?
Go to the map where you took the files from, the name should be up there.
Search him in the osu website, and there should be a button to send a message to him.