forum

Would playing on a larger monitor cause me to relearn things

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fakku-chan
Problem Details: I am just mainly concern about relearning my tablet area or having to change the area. Though i know that in theory it should be the same as long as the proportions are the same, i still would like some confirmation on this. So would changing from a 15 inch monitor to a 24 inch monitor for example cause me to have t relearn my area or change it to get the same feel?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
My area for those who are wondering or may need to know.
http://imgur.com/KUe1h0V

osu! version: 20151128.2
FrzR
It may, but I suggest playing on a windowed resolution relative to what resolution you were playing with a 15" monitor if you want to play the way you were used to. :)
Endie-
Getting used to a new tablet area shouldn't take allot of time. Don't worry :D
KanoSet

erikG wrote:

Getting used to a new tablet area shouldn't take allot of time. Don't worry :D
Saphirshroom
Takes like 1-2 days at most.
Ninonuko
I'm switch between 14 and 22 inch oftenly, both borderless + full tablet area.
No problem but I prefer 22 inch.
Karuta-_old_1
yes if you use a custom tablet area (time to relearn depends on player), no if you use a full tablet area
tokaku
If you force proportions and the aspect ratios of the two monitors are the same, your muscle memory will work just fine and the same, it's only that you feel disorientated because your cursor seems to be moving faster than it usually does (cause bigger than last time distance on the screen covered by the same smaller area), it will feel like your tablet area is smaller, but don't worry, just play on it more and get used to it. This is from my own experience btw
The Gambler
Some of my best plays were done on a 32" TV. At sitting distance.

The eye fatigue was real...
silento
If you keep the same res and tablet area (or appropriate mouse sens), your skill will completely transfer and you shouldn't need to relearn things. Maybe get used to different input lags, but no muscle memory fuckery hopefully.
CXu
As long as your osu window and tablet area are the same size relative to the new screen as your old one, then you won't have any problems.
Gumpy

FrzR wrote:

It may, but I suggest playing on a windowed resolution relative to what resolution you were playing with a 15" monitor if you want to play the way you were used to. :)
What no Tablet area is by default set to the entire area of the monitor so if you keep the same area then you won't even notice you changed. Unless you play like windowed mode or some shit.