show more
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Remnants of my SB attempt.
Gonna remove them right away~
Osuology

MrSergio wrote:

Osuology wrote:

Did you literally photoshop out her nipple, because I swear it should be visible. (not for rank but I think you know what I mean) I did nothing lol. I just found the BG as it is

00:12:873 (4,5,6,7) - Do not recommend doing this, it's not correct according to music theory so... yeah... Wait, that's a stream, how is it not correct according music theory? xD
Super good map, super good song :) :) I love it! Take a favorite and 3 stars!!
Thanks for your mod and your stars :3
I'll keep in mind all these concerns and find out something.

Edit: added description about my mini sliders at the start of the map. I hope they are understandable.
Ok, the start of the stream is most significant right? A slider end is hardly significant, so why would you use a slider end on the start of a stream (which is on a beat might I add)?
Topic Starter
Seijiro
If all streams should start with a circle then rip creativity x)
I used probably half of all my streams that way in the map and besides this turning into a remap I don't really see it as necessary when it plays really well as it is. Also, I don't really remember something like this in any music theory guide we could find on the website, that's why I asked what I asked.

Lastly, I'd like to make a general note regarding my mapping: just because there is a "general" interpretation of something it doesn't mean it always should be applied as it is. Just to bring a couple of examples, I don't think Skystar's or fahnzen's maps really follow that music theory, yet they're able to make some godly maps which would be impossible to make following such rules.
If it would have been only one pattern which had such kind of rhythm I would have changed it right away, since it couldn't be consistent with the rest with the map, right? But as it is now, I feel like my map is pretty solid in "breaking the music theory" here, that's why I can't bring myself to think it is "wrong"

PS: I wasn't trying to emulate anyone's style here, just trying to let my own style (if there is any at all) come out.
Harbyter
mmm gia' ci sono un po' di mod, devo finire in fretta allora o,o
hyouri
  • 01:04:491 (1,2) - CTRL + G

Do this in this order
    -----
    01:53:903 (1,2) - CTRL + G
    01:53:726 (3) - move this between 1,2 to build a triangle
    01:54:079 (2,3) - CTRL + G these
    -----

Very nice map, good luck :D
Topic Starter
Seijiro

hyouri wrote:

• 01:04:491 (1,2) - CTRL + G Why not, trying to find a better place for the objects around it tho

Do this in this order
    -----
    01:53:903 (1,2) - CTRL + G
    01:53:726 (3) - move this between 1,2 to build a triangle
    01:54:079 (2,3) - CTRL + G these I probably missed something here lol
    -----

Very nice map, good luck :D

Thanks for the mod :3
Rumia-
frm my m4m queue
sorry for being extreeeeeeeeeemely late im just too busy with works ; ;

[Everlasting Snow]
00:03:785 (1,2) - instead of slider > circle , i feel like circle > slider fits better with the rhythm , just like how you did 00:05:197 (1,2) -
00:23:109 (7) - delete this? i think the vocal really stands out here
00:42:432 (2) - shouldnt this be 1/8 as well?
01:01:667 (1,2) - since the tone of the piano is different , it felt a bit weird to stack this , suggest you to unstack it , since you didnt stack any of them around this part
01:05:991 (2) - remove ?
02:49:844 (5) - nc here ? to keep consistent with your previous anti jumps
04:07:314 (1) - no need nc
05:01:843 (2) - i think better stack to 3 and add a circle at 05:01:932 - since there is those electronic sound

very decent map , couldnt find more things to suggest!
good luck!
Topic Starter
Seijiro

Rumia- wrote:

frm my m4m queue
sorry for being extreeeeeeeeeemely late im just too busy with works ; ; I already told you you don't have to worry, I know it since I'm also busy lol

[Everlasting Snow]
00:03:785 (1,2) - instead of slider > circle , i feel like circle > slider fits better with the rhythm , just like how you did 00:05:197 (1,2) - I didn't really want the click on the more grave sound. I also noticed I use such technique quite often so it's probably part of my half-assed style lol
00:23:109 (7) - delete this? i think the vocal really stands out here All the blue combo is on drums tho
00:42:432 (2) - shouldnt this be 1/8 as well? Well, yeah, but it would have turned oout in a too long hold on the same spot and I wanted to avoid that, that's why I put also part of the drum rhythm in there
01:01:667 (1,2) - since the tone of the piano is different , it felt a bit weird to stack this , suggest you to unstack it , since you didnt stack any of them around this part Actually, all those 3 notes should have been the same, but I wanted the drop on the next slider
01:05:991 (2) - remove ? I don't really see why tbh ._.
02:49:844 (5) - nc here ? to keep consistent with your previous anti jumps Following a 4-stanzas NC-ing here. Only exceptions are the vocal parts before the main part
04:07:314 (1) - no need nc I know this is subjective, but it isn't the first time I use it and I find it better to give a bit more of color there :P
05:01:843 (2) - i think better stack to 3 and add a circle at 05:01:932 - since there is those electronic sound 05:00:256 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - & 05:01:667 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - are cousins (I literally took the first one and changed it to match the rhythm for the second one) on drums

very decent map , couldnt find more things to suggest! Thanks >~<
good luck!
Thanks a lot for your mod :3
LigerZero
Maybe night i'm modding your map....

Next only checking metadata...

BG change to komachi onozuka because theme original song is higan kikou / retour riverside view in resolution 1366x768

Tags added "bayside beat comiket89"

I'm look in official website

And my computer.... I'm always listening this song with genryuu kaiko in playlist all album halozybecause same original theme song

Okay done

No kudosu in this post,
- Milhofo -

Hi, from my 東方(Project Queue

[General]
  1. This is a remix / arrangement from the main theme of Komachi Onozuka, so using a background from her would make more sense. But Reimu works for anything so it's up to you xd
  2. Add "Komachi Onozuka" and "View" to the tags, "riverside view" is probably a pretty common search case
  3. Also the diff name and background don't really fit, we'd expect some snow in the background at least :b
  4. What is your reasoning behind the HP 6? Sorry if I missed it in another reply, it just feels too low for the map difficulty, I think HP 7 or 7.5 would do fine, screw hr :^)
[Everlasting snow]
  1. 00:08:372 (3,4) - the flow from the jump into this slider is a turn off for the intro, it flows pretty well on 00:07:138 (4) - because you're preaiming a slider to the left, but this one is a lot more vertical, breaking the flow, maybe you could rotate to the right
  2. Before I go into the next section let me just let you know that I personally hate quick and short reverse sliders, they're usually hard to read and predict unless the player knows the song really well, which makes them heartless combo killers, so you've been warned xd
  3. From 00:23:550 - until 00:42:873 - you have several of these I mentioned earlier (let me tell you that timing and spacing feels all perfect and plays very well, that's not my point), the only problem I have with this part is that all those reverses are so quick that we can barely tell them apart. You have some 1/8 reverses, others are 1/6 and you have parts like 00:25:667 (4,5) - that are just hard not to sliderbreak at least once during the three times they show up. It's fine if you'd only reverse the 1/8's, but when you join sldiers like 00:26:726 (2) - players don't know what to expect anymore. It's still playable but it's really confusing, if you'd differenciate which slider is which, players would have an easier time with timing their plays. You can do this by using less spacing on the 1/6's or even replacing the 1/8 reverse + single note by 2 kicksliders, since you skip the last reverse to make a jump. These are just examples. I'm not telling you to change it, you're the mapper, I'm just letting you know how I see it from my point of view and why I think those reverses are confusing for players.
  4. Moving on xD 00:25:976 - you always cut this note short to make the jump to the next note, I think it would fit better to map it and then use the same spacing between the previous slider and the next note, and both 00:25:667 (4,5) - would have the same number of reverses and be a lot easier to read and play
  5. 01:02:550 (5,6) - this horizontal jump feels weird and then repeats with 01:03:079 (1,2) - , something like this would flow better
  6. 01:16:314 (4,5,6,8) - weird overlap, even when playing, maybe pushing it up and curving it down towards the same slider end position?
  7. 01:17:550 (2,3) - push (2) a bit to the left to improve flow with (3)
  8. 02:15:785 (1,2) - why the sudden SV increase? ._. they almost read out as slower sliders due to the size
  9. 03:19:138 (4,5,6,2) - this overlap is so close that it would look better to stack
Sorry if I was too harsh and picky on that one part, the map is really good and has not a single problem with timing that I found (except those reverse cuts you did on the 1/8's), it just threw me off to see such a great map with a section like this :o I can play it fine, but I can only go through it with an fc probably 1 every 6 tries, which is super annoying xD

Either way great map, couldn't find much on the remaining parts because it felt like I was playing an already ranked set, so good luck :P
Topic Starter
Seijiro

- Milhofo - wrote:

Hi, from my 東方(Project Queue

[General]
  1. This is a remix / arrangement from the main theme of Komachi Onozuka, so using a background from her would make more sense. But Reimu works for anything so it's up to you xd I couldn't find anything really good with her tho (actually, i barely found material on her at all lol). If someone finds some good BG with her and snow together it's welcome, but for now I'll keep the current one for the colors (the song also narrates about love so...)
  2. Add "Komachi Onozuka" and "View" to the tags, "riverside view" is probably a pretty common search case All of them are already into tags x)
  3. Also the diff name and background don't really fit, we'd expect some snow in the background at least :b see above
  4. What is your reasoning behind the HP 6? Sorry if I missed it in another reply, it just feels too low for the map difficulty, I think HP 7 or 7.5 would do fine, screw hr :^) My only reason was to avoid a shit ton of fails in the first minute of the map. Increasing it up to 6.5 since it still feels heavy as it is
[Everlasting snow]
  1. 00:08:372 (3,4) - the flow from the jump into this slider is a turn off for the intro, it flows pretty well on 00:07:138 (4) - because you're preaiming a slider to the left, but this one is a lot more vertical, breaking the flow, maybe you could rotate to the right They're basically the same pattern, with a rotated slider lol. It also makes almost no difference if I rotate the slider in any direction since the player just has to stay put on the slider start in both cases. The different dirction was a sort of "decoration" to give more personal interpretation to the map
  2. Before I go into the next section let me just let you know that I personally hate quick and short reverse sliders, they're usually hard to read and predict unless the player knows the song really well, which makes them heartless combo killers, so you've been warned xd lol, rip then xD. Check the description I wrote in the first post for more clarifications about those snaps.
  3. From 00:23:550 - until 00:42:873 - you have several of these I mentioned earlier (let me tell you that timing and spacing feels all perfect and plays very well, that's not my point), the only problem I have with this part is that all those reverses are so quick that we can barely tell them apart. You have some 1/8 reverses, others are 1/6 and you have parts like 00:25:667 (4,5) - that are just hard not to sliderbreak at least once during the three times they show up. It's fine if you'd only reverse the 1/8's, but when you join sldiers like 00:26:726 (2) - players don't know what to expect anymore. It's still playable but it's really confusing, if you'd differenciate which slider is which, players would have an easier time with timing their plays. You can do this by using less spacing on the 1/6's or even replacing the 1/8 reverse + single note by 2 kicksliders, since you skip the last reverse to make a jump. These are just examples. I'm not telling you to change it, you're the mapper, I'm just letting you know how I see it from my point of view and why I think those reverses are confusing for players. There are no 1/6 in that part lol and the whole reasoning is explained in the description in the first post
  4. Moving on xD 00:25:976 - you always cut this note short to make the jump to the next note, I think it would fit better to map it and then use the same spacing between the previous slider and the next note, and both 00:25:667 (4,5) - would have the same number of reverses and be a lot easier to read and play explained in description
  5. 01:02:550 (5,6) - this horizontal jump feels weird and then repeats with 01:03:079 (1,2) - , something like this would flow better The current one is just a simple back-and-forth movement tho and I don't see it as difficult at all .-. I know, it requires a bit of reading due to the overlap with the sliders, but that's all. The slider shapes are just as "decoration" once again
  6. 01:16:314 (4,5,6,8) - weird overlap, even when playing, maybe pushing it up and curving it down towards the same slider end position? Damn, I never checked how osu stacks them and it was indeed horrible. Manually stacked them the right way
  7. 01:17:550 (2,3) - push (2) a bit to the left to improve flow with (3) Why not
  8. 02:15:785 (1,2) - why the sudden SV increase? ._. they almost read out as slower sliders due to the size The song increases emphasis for a moment ad so does my SV. The curve should also prevent mis-readings if the player listens carefully to the song
  9. 03:19:138 (4,5,6,2) - this overlap is so close that it would look better to stack Damn stacking =w=
Sorry if I was too harsh and picky on that one part, the map is really good and has not a single problem with timing that I found (except those reverse cuts you did on the 1/8's), it just threw me off to see such a great map with a section like this :o I can play it fine, but I can only go through it with an fc probably 1 every 6 tries, which is super annoying xD

Either way great map, couldn't find much on the remaining parts because it felt like I was playing an already ranked set, so good luck :P

@LingerZero Added those tags
synf
03:03:079 (1) - I don't know reason for this to be a slider, this should be two separate circles imo
04:13:667 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Compared to the rest of the song, this pattern is super hard to read, I would recommend making it "not that stacked"
05:22:491 (5,1) - I think you missed a beat between those two notes.
05:28:138 (3,1) - Same as before.
I would add something to the ending (I think there is still some space that should be used), but I don't find it necessary.
Overall a pretty good map with funny patterns, I like it!
Topic Starter
Seijiro

kolgar wrote:

03:03:079 (1) - I don't know reason for this to be a slider, this should be two separate circles imo As most of the other sliders, because there is a strong sound on its head. You can call it part of the style of this map I guess
04:13:667 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Compared to the rest of the song, this pattern is super hard to read, I would recommend making it "not that stacked" Sorry, but this is one of the patterns I love above all on this map and it plays well, so...
05:22:491 (5,1) - I think you missed a beat between those two notes. not really. I was following a sound that stays silent there
05:28:138 (3,1) - Same as before. same ^
I would add something to the ending (I think there is still some space that should be used), but I don't find it necessary.
Overall a pretty good map with funny patterns, I like it!
Thanks for the mod, but I didn't change anything in the end, sorry :/
_handholding
hi m4m

Everlasting Snow]

• I think you should used another BG, doesnt feel right to use a touhou BG imo even though it is from touhou. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/929297 <--- One of these types of BGs would suit it nicely.
  1. 00:11:550 (1,2) - Isnt this easily misreadable as 00:10:667 (4,5) - are half a beat away and the distance between are much less even though these 2 notes are 1/4 beat away
  2. 01:08:197 (1,2) - I know you made the jump for emphasis but I stilll think you should decrease it a bit since the overall volume at this point is low. It feels kinda forced to me imo
  3. 02:49:844 (1) - NC?
  4. 03:23:197 (3,1) - I think it would be better if you just stacked these
  5. 04:06:609 (1,2,1,2) - I really think you should make these 1/4 sliders to match the drums. imo it seems like you wanted to use 1/8 sliders just because you could, 1/8 sliders like these are usually coupled with the combo break sound ;w;
  6. 04:04:844 (1,2) - I this jump pattern I think it would play better if this pair went up then down instead of down then up, I feel like it would flow better after coming from the previous pair. I'm too lazy to draw a diagram or anything of the sorts so I hope you get what I'm trying to say
  7. 04:14:726 (3,4) - Why is this jump so big? Oo it doesnt feel right at alll
  8. 04:29:550 (3,4,5) - Move 4 and 5 out just a little bit to make it slightly more visible http://puu.sh/o2wun/264b9cf100.jpg
  9. 05:29:020 (2) - Surely the slider should start here listening to the music, its on the red tick on all the patterns after though you did do it twice here 05:34:138 soooo idk. Maybe im deaf and I can't hear what youre trying to follow
This is where I say goodbye for I cease to exist from here on; 1 kds = 1 prayer. I hope my last words were helpful to you. GL!
burstlimit2
Hi, M4M request :D
Well,
00:50:197 (4) - Since ur mapping style is like that and its halozy song (HW), it might be a good idea to stack this note with the end of 00:49:491 (2) - slider. Just try placing it there, it fits perfectly the song
00:52:844 (5) - Again, placing this note like this will fit the rhythm of the song perfectly
00:54:256 (6) - ^
01:16:667 (7,1) - Stack with the end of the 01:14:726 (3) - for the same reasons up there
02:05:373 (2,3) - Placing like this will look way better imo
02:24:609 (6,1) - Move to x:180 y:342 maybe? Feels more comfortable for the wrist
02:44:903 (2,3) - Oh please. Placing objects on one line looks ugly especially on such map
03:00:432 (2,2) - Might be good idea to replace em with triples.
04:06:609 (1,2,1,2) - Why not to create a stream?
04:28:667 (2,3,4) - Spacing is very low at this part and suddenly "this" appears. It will be very unpredictable
04:30:785 (2,2) - ^
Sorry for more of a "neat-looking-pattern-mods". Everything is timed perfectly outside of some missed notes that u don`t want to change.
Quick update: 00:24:609 (6,4,5,4,7,4) - this is unplayable
Topic Starter
Seijiro

Kisses wrote:

hi m4m

Everlasting Snow]

• I think you should used another BG, doesnt feel right to use a touhou BG imo even though it is from touhou. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/929297 <--- One of these types of BGs would suit it nicely. that's even less related tho lol
  1. 00:11:550 (1,2) - Isnt this easily misreadable as 00:10:667 (4,5) - are half a beat away and the distance between are much less even though these 2 notes are 1/4 beat away explained into description :p
  2. 01:08:197 (1,2) - I know you made the jump for emphasis but I stilll think you should decrease it a bit since the overall volume at this point is low. It feels kinda forced to me imo it's barely half of the screen D:
  3. 02:49:844 (1) - NC? outsied of the kiai times I used a 4 beats stanza to place my NCs
  4. 03:23:197 (3,1) - I think it would be better if you just stacked these nice
  5. 04:06:609 (1,2,1,2) - I really think you should make these 1/4 sliders to match the drums. imo it seems like you wanted to use 1/8 sliders just because you could, 1/8 sliders like these are usually coupled with the combo break sound ;w; but they ARE 1/8 snaps lol
  6. 04:04:844 (1,2) - I this jump pattern I think it would play better if this pair went up then down instead of down then up, I feel like it would flow better after coming from the previous pair. I'm too lazy to draw a diagram or anything of the sorts so I hope you get what I'm trying to say yeah, I got what you mean, but that's not really what I was aiming for here. I wanted emphasis on the centre of the pattern, thus releasing all the movement into a circluar flow with the second pattern
  7. 04:14:726 (3,4) - Why is this jump so big? Oo it doesnt feel right at alll changed 4's position
  8. 04:29:550 (3,4,5) - Move 4 and 5 out just a little bit to make it slightly more visible http://puu.sh/o2wun/264b9cf100.jpg but it ruins the curve D:
  9. 05:29:020 (2) - Surely the slider should start here listening to the music, its on the red tick on all the patterns after though you did do it twice here 05:34:138 soooo idk. Maybe im deaf and I can't hear what youre trying to follow I was following the sound of 05:32:373 (3,4) - this instrument for all the last part
This is where I say goodbye for I cease to exist from here on; 1 kds = 1 prayer. I hope my last words were helpful to you. GL! lol, don't cease to exist yet xD

mamka322 wrote:

Hi, M4M request :D
Well,
00:50:197 (4) - Since ur mapping style is like that and its halozy song (HW), it might be a good idea to stack this note with the end of 00:49:491 (2) - slider. Just try placing it there, it fits perfectly the song not really following any sort of HW style and that jump was supposed to be with that angle, otherwise it becomes sloppy
00:52:844 (5) - Again, placing this note like this will fit the rhythm of the song perfectly no, really, I'm not doing that sloppy overlap on this map, sorry
00:54:256 (6) - ^ ^
01:16:667 (7,1) - Stack with the end of the 01:14:726 (3) - for the same reasons up there ^ (wuick note: if you check the whole map you'll notice I don't use such overlap not even once which means it was on purpose, right? :3
02:05:373 (2,3) - Placing like this will look way better imo 3 has a stronger sound, why should I reduce spacing? .-.
02:24:609 (6,1) - Move to x:180 y:342 maybe? Feels more comfortable for the wrist it doesn't change a thing tho =w=
02:44:903 (2,3) - Oh please. Placing objects on one line looks ugly especially on such map how so?
03:00:432 (2,2) - Might be good idea to replace em with triples. it's part of the style and I don't want to use 1/6 quadruplets
04:06:609 (1,2,1,2) - Why not to create a stream? because it is 1/8 stream lol
04:28:667 (2,3,4) - Spacing is very low at this part and suddenly "this" appears. It will be very unpredictable focus on vocals, that's why. If the player plays the map while actually listening to the song and not paying attention to the circles only, he will be able to read it properly
04:30:785 (2,2) - ^ ^
Sorry for more of a "neat-looking-pattern-mods". Everything is timed perfectly outside of some missed notes that u don`t want to change.
Quick update: 00:24:609 (6,4,5,4,7,4) - this is unplayable This part only took me one month, one. I tested it over and over and I also put a description to explain how it works. I ensure you it's totally playable
Thanks both of you for the mods :3
diraimur
irc mod
00:26:726 (2) - was 1/3 1/6*, shouldve been 1/4 1/8* (edit: whops fixed)
talked about the map a bit but I think you don't want to apply them which is OK since they were only suggestions anyway and its your map.

Great map; good luck ranking it.
Lasse
hi
this bg is as wrong as my formatting
also the bg quality is really poor, it's full of jpeg artifacts, here is a much higher quality version, just crop/cut/resize it to your likings if you plan on keeping reimu:
http://puu.sh/o4orB/c69689909d.png
a. 00:04:138 (2,3) - why is this the only stack in this part, the second note isn't really weaker than it is in the other patterns
3. 00:05:197 (1,2) - so you follow the drawn out synths mostly, but this tapping rhythm actually puts more focus on that other high pitched sound, sth like http://i.imgur.com/lBRce6j.jpg would work nicely imo
IX. 00:12:609 - this clap feels really unfitting with the hitsounding of this section and the music since it feels way too heavy. for the next section it works a bit better, but still not the best choice for the song imo
here is sth you could try: http://puu.sh/o4qEp/e0d9d3e697.wav
d. 00:15:256 (2) - spacing feels a bit high with how weak this is, just overlapping to the top instead if below 9 would work better, just compare it to the same sound on 00:16:667 (2) - 00:12:432 (2) -
9. 00:17:903 - claps continue for this section so not hitosunding them is kinda weird
z. 00:25:667 (4,5) - idk, there is still a sound on the last 1/8 tick which you skip which makes the pattern feel realyl strange during gameplay. even though it's at least readabel due to 2x repeat = close and 1x repeat = jump concept, but it just doesnt feel right. using the same amound of repeats for both would make so much more sense. => both 2x repeat since there are parts where it'S actually only 3x1/8 sound such as 00:26:726 (2) - where the 1x rep works much better
III. 00:33:961 (4,6) - continuing the overlapping pattern from before would looks really nice (and suddenly stopping the pattern is also a bit eh)
zzz. 00:37:314 (1) - why is the slider here when the sound it would fit on only actually starts on it's end? sth like 1/4 or even 3/8 slider on 00:37:491 (1) - if you want to keep the downbeat clickable would work well. if you are fine with having it on a sliderend just ctrlg th rhythm of 00:37:314 (1,1) -
ß. 00:46:138 (1,4,1) - check pattern like this with stacking enabled for the editor and see how autostacking makes it look really gross, same for others as 01:10:138 (1,4,5,6) -
}. 00:56:197 - if the kicksliders are supposed to follow the vocals than this should be one too -- 02:26:373 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - and if it repeats again obv. too
§. 01:01:667 (1,2) - so you randomly decide to stack this sound you space the whole time?
7. 01:08:373 (2) - cymbal sound doesnt work with this at all, some strong clap or similar would fit so much better
ü. 04:13:667 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - patern is quite interesting, but it puts most emphasis on 04:14:197 (4) - due to highest spacing and sudden strong movement change, even though the sound on that is really weak and 04:14:020 (3) - is much stronger with that pronounced vocal + clap, but 04:14:020 (3,3) - get no emphasis at all due to not having to adjust movement to hit them at all, obv. 04:19:314 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - too
&. 04:22:138 (1) - why the finish here? I get it on the downbeat before, but here it makes no sense
". 04:30:785 (2,2) - yes the second reverse is visible and all with that ar etc. still a bit dangerous to misread, 4:30 into the map, when you could just move the repeats to the outiside instead without affecting gameplay and barely impacting visuals
%. 04:47:109 - removing whislte and maybe lowering the volume on the sliderend would work much better with the vocals (and the 1/4 is really weak here too), there might be more like this
VI. 05:01:667 (1,2) - another good exmaple where stacking doesnt make sense to me since you normally map that sound as a jump
$$. 05:31:844 (1,2,3) - keeping the straight line movement you put on those sounds before -- 05:26:197 (2,3,4) - // 05:20:903 (1,2,3) - would make more sense. also no idea why you made the first sound clickable for one time and then the other two times decide it should be a sliderend
uh I don't really like how many of the sliders are put rhythmically to end on strong synths and stuf but it seems like that's how you prefer it :d
also not understanding how you decide when to stack and when not since often the same sound occur spaced normally and like 2 seconds later they are stacked
no 1/8 sliderstreams remap pls :c

hope this helps, gl
Yoges
Mod 4 modd

[What does that diff name have to do with the song]
  1. 00:02:373 (1,2,3,4) - I don't think continuing the flow in the same curved upwards direction carries the tone changes in the music that well. A pattern like this feels nicer (ctrl c+v last pattern then rotate 135 anticlockwise, stack the 2 on the 3 and fix the 4)
  2. 00:04:491 (1,2) - All of the slider ends on these. It's probably a better idea to use a silenced sample instead of lowering the volume because you can still hear the hitsound :3
  3. 00:08:550 (4) - I see you rotated this slightly to emphasize the change in tone but something about it just feels a little uncomfortable, rotating clockwise would be better to me.
  4. 00:29:197 (1,2) - I'd advise against that stack, I don't think killing the momentum in this part of the music feels right.
  5. 01:07:314 (1) - 0.75x SV instead? 0.5x is too low imo and 0.75 would mean a longer slider which could be used to create a more interesting shape. Do it with the other ones if you're going to do it here.
  6. 01:13:314 (2,3,4,5) - Ok look at this flow The angle between the (2,3,4) is horrible. As well as that the sliders are all going anti clockwise but mouse movement is clockwise. This technique works in some cases and is good for emphasizing music but usually that's when it's a medium to low bpm song and you're dealing with halves and not kick sliders.
  7. 01:20:020 (1,2) - This stack doesn't feel right. I get you're trying to emphasize the music, it worked at 01:15:785 (1,2) - but that was because there was a lot of spacing from the previous note so yeah, more spacing plsss.
  8. 03:34:491 (3) - Yeah I thought that was a part of the stream. I can't see any of the numbers the way you have them stacked.
  9. 03:43:226 (4,5) - The direction of that doesn't feel right.
  10. 04:06:609 (1,2,1,2) - Why kill all momentum by using DS? There you go. Much more fun. Same for 00:20:726 (1,2,1,2) - I guess.
sahuang
M4M from your QUEUE

[General]
  1. All seem to be quite well

[Everlasting]
  1. 00:23:550 (1) - I don't think a slider here is appropriate as the voice at 00:23:726 - is quite obvious. Mabe 2 circles will be better
    (Like 00:29:197 (1,2) - )
  2. 00:35:373 (2,4) - quite inconsistent,try to change a slider to a circle(which i recommend) or vice versa?
  3. 00:34:491 (1,1) - keep them same shape is better
  4. 00:56:726 (1,2) - straight sliders will be better here to follow 00:56:373 (5,6) -
  5. 01:10:138 (1,2,3) - angle is too big in my opinion,maybe adjust a little bit?
  6. 02:09:785 (3) - a short slider would be better
  7. 02:21:256 (3) - looks not that good, try to move the red dot to ~x253,y238?
  8. BTW the kiai part is great, although the rhythm repeats a lot,so no big problems lol
  9. 04:05:197 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - maybe reconsider the position?not very goodlooking and too many big angle shapes
  10. 05:05:903 (1,2,3) - 1,2 dont need to stack together. i think a shape like 05:11:550 (1,2,3) - is better
  11. Overall really nice, tbh i guess i cant find any big issue :)

GL for ranked!
Cinos
THIS MAP IS GOLD!!! WHY SO FEW FAV FOR THIS??
Very nice, legit, fit and comfortable hitsounds.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
@Cinos thanks :3

@modders My replies will come once I can fix my personal problems, sorry.
Topic Starter
Seijiro

Lasse wrote:

hi
this bg is as wrong as my formatting apart from the fact I'm dumb with photoshop I can't really find a good BG from Komachi :<
also the bg quality is really poor, it's full of jpeg artifacts, here is a much higher quality version, just crop/cut/resize it to your likings if you plan on keeping reimu:
http://puu.sh/o4orB/c69689909d.png used this for now
a. 00:04:138 (2,3) - why is this the only stack in this part, the second note isn't really weaker than it is in the other patterns that's exactly the reason why I used the same place for it
3. 00:05:197 (1,2) - so you follow the drawn out synths mostly, but this tapping rhythm actually puts more focus on that other high pitched sound, sth like http://i.imgur.com/lBRce6j.jpg would work nicely imo uh, I see the reason for that pattern but I went with more complex patterns overall for this map, so I used the bouncy effect of the strong beat at 00:05:197 (1) - when used together with a low spacing slider
IX. 00:12:609 - this clap feels really unfitting with the hitsounding of this section and the music since it feels way too heavy. for the next section it works a bit better, but still not the best choice for the song imo
here is sth you could try: http://puu.sh/o4qEp/e0d9d3e697.wav I couldn't really like the effect that came out tbh lol
d. 00:15:256 (2) - spacing feels a bit high with how weak this is, just overlapping to the top instead if below 9 would work better, just compare it to the same sound on 00:16:667 (2) - 00:12:432 (2) - reduced
9. 00:17:903 - claps continue for this section so not hitosunding them is kinda weird I don't see it written anywhere that I have to hitsound/map every sound lol. If I were to hitsound them it will come out unfitting with the pattern
z. 00:25:667 (4,5) - idk, there is still a sound on the last 1/8 tick which you skip which makes the pattern feel realyl strange during gameplay. even though it's at least readabel due to 2x repeat = close and 1x repeat = jump concept, but it just doesnt feel right. using the same amound of repeats for both would make so much more sense. => both 2x repeat since there are parts where it'S actually only 3x1/8 sound such as 00:26:726 (2) - where the 1x rep works much better would work much better for a plain and boring map tho. My intention here was to make an "unusual" map and using the same pattern for different parts of the song would be 1) incorrect and 2) boring in any case imo.
III. 00:33:961 (4,6) - continuing the overlapping pattern from before would looks really nice (and suddenly stopping the pattern is also a bit eh) if you compare this part to the next ones you'll see that this part is lighter and therefore less stressing, so I used less beats
zzz. 00:37:314 (1) - why is the slider here when the sound it would fit on only actually starts on it's end? sth like 1/4 or even 3/8 slider on 00:37:491 (1) - if you want to keep the downbeat clickable would work well. if you are fine with having it on a sliderend just ctrlg th rhythm of 00:37:314 (1,1) - USed same pattern as 00:40:138 (1) - since that was my aim anyway
ß. 00:46:138 (1,4,1) - check pattern like this with stacking enabled for the editor and see how autostacking makes it look really gross, same for others as 01:10:138 (1,4,5,6) - oh damn
}. 00:56:197 - if the kicksliders are supposed to follow the vocals than this should be one too -- 02:26:373 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - and if it repeats again obv. too the first kickslider is omitted since the first vocal on that is too weak to trigger it imo
§. 01:01:667 (1,2) - so you randomly decide to stack this sound you space the whole time? because there is an additional sound under the usual ones you probably skipped since it was too soft
7. 01:08:373 (2) - cymbal sound doesnt work with this at all, some strong clap or similar would fit so much better agreed
ü. 04:13:667 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - patern is quite interesting, but it puts most emphasis on 04:14:197 (4) - due to highest spacing and sudden strong movement change, even though the sound on that is really weak and 04:14:020 (3) - is much stronger with that pronounced vocal + clap, but 04:14:020 (3,3) - get no emphasis at all due to not having to adjust movement to hit them at all, obv. 04:19:314 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - too I can't really find reasons here indeed, apart the "I was following vocals and trying to get a good pattern out of the chorus repeating the lyrics". I testplayed it many times and it really feels nice for me, idk...
&. 04:22:138 (1) - why the finish here? I get it on the downbeat before, but here it makes no sense actually, thre was a missing finish a bit ahead lol. It should make sense now, I hope
". 04:30:785 (2,2) - yes the second reverse is visible and all with that ar etc. still a bit dangerous to misread, 4:30 into the map, when you could just move the repeats to the outiside instead without affecting gameplay and barely impacting visuals main reason for this was being able to stack 04:30:961 (3,3) - properly
%. 04:47:109 - removing whislte and maybe lowering the volume on the sliderend would work much better with the vocals (and the 1/4 is really weak here too), there might be more like this ugh, I did something on my own in the meantime and whatever was there, it vanished lol. I guess I fixed it tho xD
VI. 05:01:667 (1,2) - another good exmaple where stacking doesnt make sense to me since you normally map that sound as a jump Check 05:03:079 (1) - for a moment and tell if it isn't the same sound as the stack lol. With that concept in mind, I should't map sliders like that because there is no jump, right? xD
$$. 05:31:844 (1,2,3) - keeping the straight line movement you put on those sounds before -- 05:26:197 (2,3,4) - // 05:20:903 (1,2,3) - would make more sense. also no idea why you made the first sound clickable for one time and then the other two times decide it should be a sliderend I should probably add something about compound sounds on the same object of the map in the description, umh... btw, if I put straight lines for those it changes nothing considered the cursor's movement so...
uh I don't really like how many of the sliders are put rhythmically to end on strong synths and stuf but it seems like that's how you prefer it :d
also not understanding how you decide when to stack and when not since often the same sound occur spaced normally and like 2 seconds later they are stacked
no 1/8 sliderstreams remap pls :c nope :^)

hope this helps, gl

Yoges wrote:

Mod 4 modd

[What does that diff name have to do with the song]
  1. 00:02:373 (1,2,3,4) - I don't think continuing the flow in the same curved upwards direction carries the tone changes in the music that well. A pattern like this feels nicer (ctrl c+v last pattern then rotate 135 anticlockwise, stack the 2 on the 3 and fix the 4) I also wanted to keep the increasing pitch of the sound so that pattern kinda ruins the meaning of it :/
  2. 00:04:491 (1,2) - All of the slider ends on these. It's probably a better idea to use a silenced sample instead of lowering the volume because you can still hear the hitsound :3 nah, they're fine imo
  3. 00:08:550 (4) - I see you rotated this slightly to emphasize the change in tone but something about it just feels a little uncomfortable, rotating clockwise would be better to me. but you literally have to stay put on the slider start to get a 300 lol
  4. 00:29:197 (1,2) - I'd advise against that stack, I don't think killing the momentum in this part of the music feels right. imo it puts more emphasis to it tho. A jump would force me to change also the other jumps, making them unnecessarily bigger
  5. 01:07:314 (1) - 0.75x SV instead? 0.5x is too low imo and 0.75 would mean a longer slider which could be used to create a more interesting shape. Do it with the other ones if you're going to do it here. I like that shape tho D:
  6. 01:13:314 (2,3,4,5) - Ok look at this flow The angle between the (2,3,4) is horrible. As well as that the sliders are all going anti clockwise but mouse movement is clockwise. This technique works in some cases and is good for emphasizing music but usually that's when it's a medium to low bpm song and you're dealing with halves and not kick sliders. wow, I never realized I made such a cool pattern :O It was intentional tho, to make it harder to read and it feels perfectly fine when it comes to gameplay tho
  7. 01:20:020 (1,2) - This stack doesn't feel right. I get you're trying to emphasize the music, it worked at 01:15:785 (1,2) - but that was because there was a lot of spacing from the previous note so yeah, more spacing plsss. it's more as a mean to start a new stanza in the music tho and creates the right emphasis for the next kicksliders' flow
  8. 03:34:491 (3) - Yeah I thought that was a part of the stream. I can't see any of the numbers the way you have them stacked. Check 03:34:138 (1,3,5) - 's line and you'll notice it is parallel to 03:33:785 (7) -
  9. 03:43:226 (4,5) - The direction of that doesn't feel right. umh, it feels right for me. Not that it changes much after the slider anyway tho...
  10. 04:06:609 (1,2,1,2) - Why kill all momentum by using DS? There you go. Much more fun. Same for 00:20:726 (1,2,1,2) - I guess. Ugh, that's realy hard to play tho and it isn't similar to the first one at all

sahuang wrote:

M4M from your QUEUE

[General]
  1. All seem to be quite well noice

[Everlasting]
  1. 00:23:550 (1) - I don't think a slider here is appropriate as the voice at 00:23:726 - is quite obvious. Mabe 2 circles will be better
    (Like 00:29:197 (1,2) - ) why not
  2. 00:35:373 (2,4) - quite inconsistent,try to change a slider to a circle(which i recommend) or vice versa? how is it inconsistent tho? .-.
  3. 00:34:491 (1,1) - keep them same shape is better first one is a slider, second one a circle. Did I maybe change something while offline? :roll:
  4. 00:56:726 (1,2) - straight sliders will be better here to follow 00:56:373 (5,6) - I wanted to keep the oval flow tho, which I really like
  5. 01:10:138 (1,2,3) - angle is too big in my opinion,maybe adjust a little bit? it plays just fine for me tho
  6. 02:09:785 (3) - a short slider would be better it would be inconsistent with the rest tho lol
  7. 02:21:256 (3) - looks not that good, try to move the red dot to ~x253,y238? that loose shape was totally intended tho and I personally like it since you don't see it so often on other maps
  8. BTW the kiai part is great, although the rhythm repeats a lot,so no big problems lol yeay
  9. 04:05:197 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - maybe reconsider the position?not very goodlooking and too many big angle shapes I like big angles jumps tho :Q___
  10. 05:05:903 (1,2,3) - 1,2 dont need to stack together. i think a shape like 05:11:550 (1,2,3) - is better consistency with 05:07:314 (1,2) - tho and in this part I used a pattern twice, then changed, in order to create less monotony
  11. Overall really nice, tbh i guess i cant find any big issue :)

GL for ranked!

Thanks for the mods, guys :3
Weber
pls rank I tried to find things wrong with it but couldn't ;w;
Cherry Blossom
I had not time to mod it today.
i'll mod it tomorrow, i'll edit this post, so stay tuned.

Please, reply to this mod and tell me why you didn't change without saying "it's my style" or "there are already ranked maps with the same kind of pattern" or other reasons like this.

Everlasting Snow

1. 00:04:491 (1,2) - The way they are arranged is not really good, this 1/4 gap here is not really predictable. I can see what you're trying to do here, but i think there distance is too much compared to the "real" impact of the song here. The distance between these 1/4s should be reduced. Same for 00:11:550 (1,2) -
  2. 00:25:667 (4,5) - I'm pretty sure people were not able to read and play this properly. I can say, blame de song. The thing that makes it difficult to play is that they have different lengths, and it is really confusing as hell. You're not forced to follow every notes here, and it will be really better for gameplay if you remove 1 reverse on this slider 00:25:667 (4) - . Same scenario for 00:35:903 (5,6) - etc.
  3. 01:11:903 (3,4) - The low distance between them doesn't really give a good impression on the map, you mainly use long spaced things before and after, and seeing that low distance is weird, it should be better if you make things consistent, so, add a higher distance.
  4. 02:03:785 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same thing goes for this pattern which plays pretty easier compared to other patterns with a higher distance between each objects.
  5. 02:30:609 (1,2,3) - Here i don't really understand how you emphasize things, the higher distance should be rather between 02:30:961 (2,3) - to emphasize things better.
  6. 03:01:667 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This pattern could be better to play if there is a higher spacing between each circles (or stacked), because of the high jump you put on 03:01:491 (2,1) - . The current pattern works, but the antijump doesn't really give a very good impression, if you want to make things more living, don't hesitate to use a higher spacing between each notes.
  7. 04:26:020 (7) - It plays better if you move it upward, the current pattern make the motion between 04:25:844 (6,7) - a little jerky.
  8. 04:41:903 (2,3) - Here this antijump is really weird because the vocal is very intense here, but it looks like you prefer "following" instruments than vocal. There should be more distance between these circles, also because of this "zigzag" motion with 04:41:550 (7,1,2) - .

Good Luck ~
Topic Starter
Seijiro
My pc revived from eternal slumber \o/

Cherry Blossom wrote:

I had not time to mod it today.
i'll mod it tomorrow, i'll edit this post, so stay tuned.

Please, reply to this mod and tell me why you didn't change without saying "it's my style" or "there are already ranked maps with the same kind of pattern" or other reasons like this. you don't need this formatting with me, you know I give reasons :3 <3

Everlasting Snow

1. 00:04:491 (1,2) - The way they are arranged is not really good, this 1/4 gap here is not really predictable. I can see what you're trying to do here, but i think there distance is too much compared to the "real" impact of the song here. The distance between these 1/4s should be reduced. Same for 00:11:550 (1,2) - ok, a lot of people complained about these and while I hate to do it, I guess I have to for consistency's sake. Notice that after you play it once you get the hang of it and looks more natural, but that's another matter I guess...
  2. 00:25:667 (4,5) - I'm pretty sure people were not able to read and play this properly. I can say, blame de song. The thing that makes it difficult to play is that they have different lengths, and it is really confusing as hell. You're not forced to follow every notes here, and it will be really better for gameplay if you remove 1 reverse on this slider 00:25:667 (4) - . Same scenario for 00:35:903 (5,6) - etc. well, this is probably falls under the circumstance "experimental mapping choice". I wanted (I actually totally aimed for) it since I felt like the song could better shine this way. Regardless of it being easy or difficult for someone to play I find it fitting and since (you said it too) the song is like this I want to resemble it at the best I can (as I always try in my maps :3)
    I also already fixed the one above which was one of my best patterns just for the sake of consistency. Removing this will just make it a plain diff as anyone else's :(
  3. 01:11:903 (3,4) - The low distance between them doesn't really give a good impression on the map, you mainly use long spaced things before and after, and seeing that low distance is weird, it should be better if you make things consistent, so, add a higher distance. This is actually a place where high spacing ruins the emphasis. I've always seen repetitive streams as something really stressing so even without much spacing there is enough force. In this case it's a bit calmer than the rest of the map tho, so I decided to go with a lower spacing.
  4. 02:03:785 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same thing goes for this pattern which plays pretty easier compared to other patterns with a higher distance between each objects. Here the music (or rather, the sound which created all the previous streams) calms down so I removed 1/4 notes (since there are any) and gave a little breather to the player
  5. 02:30:609 (1,2,3) - Here i don't really understand how you emphasize things, the higher distance should be rather between 02:30:961 (2,3) - to emphasize things better. If you check the sliderball of the first slider you'll see that you don't even need to move from its start if not slightly, so the actual distances are all equal there. Even if the player wants to follow up the first slider I tried to apply here a technique where using the slider start + low spacing gives more emphasis. I can't probably explain it better, but summed up is like: the low spacing puts more pressure on the slider start due to the slider's nature.
  6. 03:01:667 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This pattern could be better to play if there is a higher spacing between each circles (or stacked), because of the high jump you put on 03:01:491 (2,1) - . The current pattern works, but the antijump doesn't really give a very good impression, if you want to make things more living, don't hesitate to use a higher spacing between each notes. I see your point here, but check for a moment the angle formed by 03:01:491 (2,1,2) - . The problem here is that the angle itself is almost plain (approaching 180 degrees) and being so the emphasis on 1 would fall apart with higher spacing. By giving the player this strong contrast between higher > lower spacing I make him get back on the right emphasis. The next low spacing pattern is also part of this concept, in order to make it more understandable during gameplay
  7. 04:26:020 (7) - It plays better if you move it upward, the current pattern make the motion between 04:25:844 (6,7) - a little jerky. uh yeah, indeed
  8. 04:41:903 (2,3) - Here this antijump is really weird because the vocal is very intense here, but it looks like you prefer "following" instruments than vocal. There should be more distance between these circles, also because of this "zigzag" motion with 04:41:550 (7,1,2) - . I was following vocals here tho .-. I used higher spacing on white ticks, which are the ones where the vocal increases the pitch. I also used this pattern other 2 times already before so the player should be accustomed to it by now I guess

Good Luck ~
Thanks for the mod, CB >.<
*rips off his ticket*

I also fixed some minor things on my own, like hitsound samples being misplaced and some pattern polishing =w=/
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Anti-graveyard post
Momizi
hi,M4M request! (*/ω╲*)
[General]
as this song is 彼岸帰航 ,so bg shouldnt be Reimu,plz change bg to Onozuka Komachi
[Everlasting Snow]
00:02:373 (1,2,3,4) - as the same rhythm,how aboout reapt these notes stack with before like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319628
00:14:196 (4,5,6,7,8) - why not stack with 00:13:314 (8) - to make the whole is symmetrical.
00:23:903 (3) - flow to left will fell better,i mean ctrl+H
00:24:609 (7) - lose one repeat on 00:24:741 - but its cant be fell on playing,if its me, i will fllow it,use four repeat
00:42:432 (2) - us 1/8 repeat slider here?
00:52:844 (5) - i think here jump too sudden,spacing can be smaller
01:01:314 (4,5) - ctrl+G?
01:08:197 (1) - how about use drum clap 02:38:550 (1) -
01:14:020 (6,1) - this slider to 1 flow not very well,perhaps, make 6 and 1 on same horizontal arrows,I mean like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319832
01:41:020 (1,2,3,4) - make the jump more bigger,the vocal very strong here 03:11:373 (1,2,3,4) -
01:45:432 (1) - move little right for better flow,or change angle a little
01:54:961 (8) - same↑ https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319880 or https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319885
02:50:726 (3,4,5) - not seem good,how abouthttps://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319918
04:10:491 (9,10) - here be a 1/2 slider annd make 04:10:137 (7,8,9) - jump bigger
04:13:667 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - cool pattern,but very difficult for me,i played it always miss here
04:53:197 (1,2,3) - should be big jump
05:36:961 (1,2) - this overlap not very nice,try to not touch ?
03:24:256 (1) - finish?
04:30:785 (2,2) - maybe shade 04:31:314 (2) - arrow

after mod,i only want to say Yuuu~rara~ Yuuu~rari~.
nice song and nice map,cant mod many more,just shot a star ;W;
Ora
Hey Sergio ! Goodluck with this map, it's looking really good ^_^

You might need to change the background because it's Reimu (which will suck because it's a really nice one) but I could be wrong, I'm not too sure what the rules for that are.

00:14:196 (4,5,6,7,8) - I think you should rotate this stream -10 degrees or maybe even smaller (-5)

00:17:903 (1,1,1,1) - probably not a big deal, but the spacing between 00:17:903 (1,1,1,1) - is even until the 4th jump ( 00:18:961 (1) - )

00:20:373 (1,2) - possibly the same here but very tiny, maybe not

01:10:844 (6) - could be replaced with a kickslider facing away from 01:11:020 (7) -

My point for adding this is that you already have one at 01:09:256 (4,5,6) - and if you add the kickslider at 01:10:844 (6) - you can be more consistent with patterns, because in the next section at 01:14:726 (3,4,5) - and 01:16:314 (4,5,6) - you basically have two triples without kicksliders. And then the rest of this section up to the kiai time you have all kicksliders for that part of the music.

either that or just be more consistent and add kicksliders or remove kicksliders to all of those parts

01:23:903 (8) - I think this might flow better into the next part with ctrl + G and ctrl + H (or just ctrl + G) and then readjusted to like 4.0 DS

01:45:432 (1,3) - I think you can do a better job of a blanket here similar to 01:51:079 (1,3) - , not a big deal though

03:58:138 (1,3) - Blanket?

03:59:197 (8,1,3) - this one too (maybe) but not a big deal, just the slider is curved a bit too much so it makes it look off.

04:17:550 (9) - This jump is a bit harsh, especially all the way back to 10. Maybe space it out the same as 04:17:197 (7,8) - and leave the big jump for 9 to 10

05:16:667 (2) - shape looks weird compared to 05:16:138 (5,6,1) -

05:32:373 (3,4,1) - Spacing is different, can't tell if it's intentional or not.
I honestly have nothing bad to say about this map. It's a great song, and you mapped it very well for all the little parts of the song that can throw people off. Surprisingly this pattern 04:19:314 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - works really well and it's really creative. There's a lot of difficulty within the 1/8 reverse sliders which makes the map really unique. Other than that, just testplaying the map it felt like my cursor took over my hand because it flows so well. I would like to give you a few stars, but the map just got graveyarded. I'll do so once you revive it :^)

C00L
hey

[General]
  1. Your background is a big bigger than the recommended size for a background (at least what i heard was the recommended), which is 1366x768 yours is 1400x996
  2. The folder size exceeds 10MB without video, i'd recommend you check that out maybe get another bg with less space consumption since this one nearly take over 2MB alone
  3. You also have a unused image file at the name of - bghalozy.png if you delete that, that could help reducing the folder size since this file is almost 1MB
[Timing]
967 seems a little bit better

[Hitsounds]
  1. You could use some claps in the beggining to lead into the constant clap hitsound after the beginning, ill put a separate file so that you can take a look at it, it leads nicely into the streamy part of the song imo (from 00:00:966 (1) - until 00:20:731 (1) - is where i experimented with for the beggining, if you dont notice them just let me know ill show where exactly they are)
[Everlasting Summer (so warm x_x)]
  1. 00:17:903 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - em is it that neccessary to have these on a NC every 2 notes? i'd understand with a high hp drain, but its only 6,5 which isnt that low there is no need to refill that much hp at the beggining xD, i've also tried this at HR just the beggining and it works i guess, then i went on to change the notes so that it followed a 4/4 NC order, and it worked as well i didnt die from that, unless you have strong reasons to keep it that way i'd advice you to change that to 4/4 new combos :D
  2. 00:25:667 (4,5) - hmm im not gonna lie this feels awkward to play, if you could just leave a gap rather than using the yellow tick this could make this much smoother to play imo, http://puu.sh/piV6j/6dc4b94242.jpg
  3. 00:35:903 (5,6) - ^ not going to mention this again, i feel like mentioning something twice is enough to get my point across :P
  4. 04:03:785 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hmm again the combos i'm failing to understand may i ask what the reasoning behind this was?
  5. that's it
nothing much i can see its just those combos that i kinda dont understand. If you feel like this was a lazy mod since i didnt find much feel free to ask me t md one more set of yours
Topic Starter
Seijiro

Momizi wrote:

hi,M4M request! (*/ω╲*)
[General]
as this song is 彼岸帰航 ,so bg shouldnt be Reimu,plz change bg to Onozuka Komachi I talked this out with some BNs and QATs and we concluded that since I can't find a suitable one of Komachi I can keep the current one, since it's Touhou related (sorry to all Touhou fans)
[Everlasting Snow]
00:02:373 (1,2,3,4) - as the same rhythm,how aboout reapt these notes stack with before like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319628 well, I would have used the same pattern if even all the notes in the music would have been the same, but the second pattern has the last beats of a higher pitch than the first one
00:14:196 (4,5,6,7,8) - why not stack with 00:13:314 (8) - to make the whole is symmetrical. because of 00:14:726 (9,2) -
00:23:903 (3) - flow to left will fell better,i mean ctrl+H I wanted to avod the overlap with the circle and tbh I wanted to give this feeling that the map is still keeps playing on the right side of the screen
00:24:609 (7) - lose one repeat on 00:24:741 - but its cant be fell on playing,if its me, i will fllow it,use four repeat it is actually explained in the description how that part works
00:42:432 (2) - us 1/8 repeat slider here? sure
00:52:844 (5) - i think here jump too sudden,spacing can be smaller nah, that's fine imo
01:01:314 (4,5) - ctrl+G? I need large spacing to emphasize the next 1
01:08:197 (1) - how about use drum clap 02:38:550 (1) - nice
01:14:020 (6,1) - this slider to 1 flow not very well,perhaps, make 6 and 1 on same horizontal arrows,I mean like this that little placement is intended tho, to aovid that kind ov movementhttps://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319832
01:41:020 (1,2,3,4) - make the jump more bigger,the vocal very strong here 03:11:373 (1,2,3,4) - in game play it's already big enough, trust me xD
01:45:432 (1) - move little right for better flow,or change angle a little it flows well enough imo tho
01:54:961 (8) - same↑ https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319880 or https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319885 same
02:50:726 (3,4,5) - not seem good,how abouthttps://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5319918 I don't have stacked streeams anywhere on this map tho x)
04:10:491 (9,10) - here be a 1/2 slider annd make 04:10:137 (7,8,9) - jump bigger I need emphasis on 04:10:844 (1) - tho
04:13:667 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - cool pattern,but very difficult for me,i played it always miss here that's one of my precious patterns tho and I can ensure you it is playable with the correct reading ability
04:53:197 (1,2,3) - should be big jump instruments stop playing here, therefore there is less stress in the song. That's why
05:36:961 (1,2) - this overlap not very nice,try to not touch ? intended x)
03:24:256 (1) - finish? ups, thanks
04:30:785 (2,2) - maybe shade 04:31:314 (2) - arrow it's the third time the player sees such pattern and he should be accustomed to it. I know this is breaking the RC, so I will try to find a way

after mod,i only want to say Yuuu~rara~ Yuuu~rari~.
nice song and nice map,cant mod many more,just shot a star ;W;
Thanks for the star :3

Ora wrote:

Hey Sergio ! Goodluck with this map, it's looking really good ^_^

You might need to change the background because it's Reimu (which will suck because it's a really nice one) but I could be wrong, I'm not too sure what the rules for that are. uh, yeah, I know. Check the mod above, since I explained why

00:14:196 (4,5,6,7,8) - I think you should rotate this stream -10 degrees or maybe even smaller (-5) I went with pretty straight forward patterns here and I'd like to keep it like that

00:17:903 (1,1,1,1) - probably not a big deal, but the spacing between 00:17:903 (1,1,1,1) - is even until the 4th jump ( 00:18:961 (1) - ) it should actually be increasing slowly by something really small tho xD

00:20:373 (1,2) - possibly the same here but very tiny, maybe not yeah, same

01:10:844 (6) - could be replaced with a kickslider facing away from 01:11:020 (7) - I actually wanted to stop the player here. The entire pattern was thought with that concept in mind

My point for adding this is that you already have one at 01:09:256 (4,5,6) - and if you add the kickslider at 01:10:844 (6) - you can be more consistent with patterns, because in the next section at 01:14:726 (3,4,5) - and 01:16:314 (4,5,6) - you basically have two triples without kicksliders. And then the rest of this section up to the kiai time you have all kicksliders for that part of the music. yeah, as I explained above: it came natural to me to think it like that. I can't really explain it lol

either that or just be more consistent and add kicksliders or remove kicksliders to all of those parts that would make the map really monotonous and I'd rather avoid that /w\

01:23:903 (8) - I think this might flow better into the next part with ctrl + G and ctrl + H (or just ctrl + G) and then readjusted to like 4.0 DS fixed, even if in a different way

01:45:432 (1,3) - I think you can do a better job of a blanket here similar to 01:51:079 (1,3) - , not a big deal though blanket wasn't really in my options and tbh it feels too short in spacing if I do that

03:58:138 (1,3) - Blanket? ups

03:59:197 (8,1,3) - this one too (maybe) but not a big deal, just the slider is curved a bit too much so it makes it look off. this is probably fine... I guess... I hope...

04:17:550 (9) - This jump is a bit harsh, especially all the way back to 10. Maybe space it out the same as 04:17:197 (7,8) - and leave the big jump for 9 to 10 I have bigger jumps tho and it doesn't look that exaggerated tbh

05:16:667 (2) - shape looks weird compared to 05:16:138 (5,6,1) - I literally copy pasted those sliders lmao

05:32:373 (3,4,1) - Spacing is different, can't tell if it's intentional or not. yep, intentional. I wanted emphasis on the next slider
I honestly have nothing bad to say about this map. It's a great song, and you mapped it very well for all the little parts of the song that can throw people off. Surprisingly this pattern 04:19:314 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - works really well and it's really creative. There's a lot of difficulty within the 1/8 reverse sliders which makes the map really unique. Other than that, just testplaying the map it felt like my cursor took over my hand because it flows so well. I would like to give you a few stars, but the map just got graveyarded. I'll do so once you revive it :^)

Thanks a lot for the mod :3

C00L wrote:

hey

[General]
  1. Your background is a big bigger than the recommended size for a background (at least what i heard was the recommended), which is 1366x768 yours is 1400x996
  2. The folder size exceeds 10MB without video, i'd recommend you check that out maybe get another bg with less space consumption since this one nearly take over 2MB alone
  3. You also have a unused image file at the name of - bghalozy.png if you delete that, that could help reducing the folder size since this file is almost 1MB
    All this stuff should be fixed
[Timing]
967 seems a little bit better within 5ms it is acceptable xd

[Hitsounds]
  1. You could use some claps in the beggining to lead into the constant clap hitsound after the beginning, ill put a separate file so that you can take a look at it, it leads nicely into the streamy part of the song imo (from 00:00:966 (1) - until 00:20:731 (1) - is where i experimented with for the beggining, if you dont notice them just let me know ill show where exactly they are) the intro is actually good as it is. If I use calps for it too the general hitsounding will become too heavy
[Everlasting Summer (so warm x_x)]
  1. 00:17:903 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - em is it that neccessary to have these on a NC every 2 notes? i'd understand with a high hp drain, but its only 6,5 which isnt that low there is no need to refill that much hp at the beggining xD, i've also tried this at HR just the beggining and it works i guess, then i went on to change the notes so that it followed a 4/4 NC order, and it worked as well i didnt die from that, unless you have strong reasons to keep it that way i'd advice you to change that to 4/4 new combos :D I wanted to show off the full palette of combo colors /w\
  2. 00:25:667 (4,5) - hmm im not gonna lie this feels awkward to play, if you could just leave a gap rather than using the yellow tick this could make this much smoother to play imo, http://puu.sh/piV6j/6dc4b94242.jpg testplayed a lot and trust me, it plays well (confirmed by testplayers)
  3. 00:35:903 (5,6) - ^ not going to mention this again, i feel like mentioning something twice is enough to get my point across :P yeah, I understand, but this map is meant for quite high rank players
  4. 04:03:785 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hmm again the combos i'm failing to understand may i ask what the reasoning behind this was? same reason as before, I like colors e.e
  5. that's it
nothing much i can see its just those combos that i kinda dont understand. If you feel like this was a lazy mod since i didnt find much feel free to ask me t md one more set of yours
kkk
good map
jeanzy
M4M ^^

---------------

Overlap 01:08:373 (2) - with the start of 01:06:961 (10,2) -
Use 01:15:432 (7) - to blanket 01:14:373 (1) - ?
02:49:491 (4,5) - I would replace these by a slider, the pause doesnt feel right to me anyway :p
02:50:020 (6,7,8,1) - Change to circle on 02:50:020 (6) - followed by a triple here 02:50:197 (8,1) - (im not 100% this fits any better as the (1) does get emphasis from the kickslider)
03:00:256 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - clean this pattern up a bit? like this maybe
04:30:609 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - i think this could be improved pattern wise

Topic Starter
Seijiro

jeanzy wrote:

M4M ^^

---------------
Overlap 01:08:373 (2) - with the start of 01:06:961 (10,2) - yeah, that would do well, but the problem is that I have to move all the next pattern around like that, since spacing becomes too small :/
Use 01:15:432 (7) - to blanket 01:14:373 (1) - ? that object disappears tho, so the blanket would be a bit pointless /w\
02:49:491 (4,5) - I would replace these by a slider, the pause doesnt feel right to me anyway :p well, the fact you don't like the pause it's personal, but nontheless I tried replacing those with a slider. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to actually find a good shape for it. Do you have any suggestions?
02:50:020 (6,7,8,1) - Change to circle on 02:50:020 (6) - followed by a triple here 02:50:197 (8,1) - (im not 100% this fits any better as the (1) does get emphasis from the kickslider) idk if I did what you meant (since you probably wrote circle instead of slider in there lol) but the idea I came up with looks cool, so yeah
03:00:256 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - clean this pattern up a bit? like this maybe uh, well, seeing the screen it looks more like a total overhaul of the pattern lol. Imo it is fine as it is now in regards of being "clean"04:30:609 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - i think this could be improved pattern wise ;w; This is probably one of the most flowy and cool patterns in the whole map lol
Thanks for your mod :3
Lanturn
Hello. Most of this stuff is possible pattern fixers and some easier to flow patterns using your existing. Most of it is very subjective so only use what you want! I'm not expecting you to take even half of these.

[General]
Here's a 1366x768 version of your BG since your current 1400x900 is over the ranking criteria dimensions: http://puu.sh/pRUqD.jpg

Consider turning your letterboxing back on since you don't have a SB or video.

[the diff]
  1. 00:36:079 (6) - This is more of a held vocal. A 1/4 slider would suit this better.
  2. 00:50:903 (3) - Drum sampleset?
  3. 00:55:138 (3) - Drum sampleset on head here? It feels the same as the tail.
  4. 00:59:550 (4) - Following your pattern here, Shouldn't this be stacked on 00:59:903 (6) - 's head?
  5. 01:10:314 (2) - Consider around x192 y158 so it somewhat has the same pattern as 01:08:726 (1,2,3) - (not quite, but the movement is similar)
  6. 01:40:579 (4) - This one felt a bit forced to be honest.
  7. 02:45:079 (3) - Consider stacking this where 02:44:020 (5) - was. This keeps the mouse moving diagonally instead of straight from (2,3)
  8. 02:49:138 (2) - after the jump from (6,1) this is kind of a momentum killer, try stacking this on 02:48:609 (7) -
  9. 03:21:961 (3) - Shouldn't this be drum with normal whistle addition or something?
  10. 03:28:138 (8) - I'm actually surprised you didn't keep the stream up here. Since the tail end of this hits a nice note, consider reducing this slider to 1/4 and then add a circle at 03:28:314 -
  11. 03:39:432 (6) - ^ as well. Mostly because of that sound. You have similar patterns around here but I feel like these should be different!
  12. 03:45:079 (5) - Consider two circles instead of a 1/2 slider. You can put the 03:45:256 - under the head of 03:44:550 (3) - or something.
  13. 03:45:961 (2,3,4) - A little underwhelming imo. These are all pretty close together. Can you spread them out a bit more?
  14. 04:14:903 (4) - Same as the mod below this one.
  15. 04:20:550 (4) - I liked this pattern. Consider sticking this (4) under the (1) so it repeats 04:19:314 (1,2,3,4) - in reverse! It fits in with the echo
  16. 04:23:197 (8,9,1) - The emphasis here should probably be from (9,1) Consider stacking (9) on the last combos 04:21:961 (9) -
  17. 04:35:373 (3) - I think you're missing a whistle here?
  18. 05:20:550 (4) - A bit random for a 3/4 slider imo. I mean it doesn't really make a difference, just doesn't really fit in with what you did in this section of all 1/2s.
hopefully something helps. Good luck o/
Topic Starter
Seijiro

Lanturn wrote:

Hello. Most of this stuff is possible pattern fixers and some easier to flow patterns using your existing. Most of it is very subjective so only use what you want! I'm not expecting you to take even half of these.

[General]
Here's a 1366x768 version of your BG since your current 1400x900 is over the ranking criteria dimensions: http://puu.sh/pRUqD.jpg luv u <3

Consider turning your letterboxing back on since you don't have a SB or video. why not

[the diff]
  1. 00:36:079 (6) - This is more of a held vocal. A 1/4 slider would suit this better. right
  2. 00:50:903 (3) - Drum sampleset? yep
  3. 00:55:138 (3) - Drum sampleset on head here? It feels the same as the tail. yep. I kinda remdae the hitsounding multiple times and things were left behind, ugh
  4. 00:59:550 (4) - Following your pattern here, Shouldn't this be stacked on 00:59:903 (6) - 's head? the previous parts were similar in vocals, while imo here the rhythm changes since it prepares to introduce the next rhythm
  5. 01:10:314 (2) - Consider around x192 y158 so it somewhat has the same pattern as 01:08:726 (1,2,3) - (not quite, but the movement is similar) once I clicked on the timestamp I already understood what you meant and I fixed without even reading. Nice
  6. 01:40:579 (4) - This one felt a bit forced to be honest. deleted and moved the other circle... somewhere for now xD
  7. 02:45:079 (3) - Consider stacking this where 02:44:020 (5) - was. This keeps the mouse moving diagonally instead of straight from (2,3) sure, looks cool
  8. 02:49:138 (2) - after the jump from (6,1) this is kind of a momentum killer, try stacking this on 02:48:609 (7) - why not. The meaning of that was to slow down the player till the stop on vocals btw. Idk how good was tho lol.
  9. 03:21:961 (3) - Shouldn't this be drum with normal whistle addition or something? idk, the drum-hitnormal feels too soft here, but the whistle was indeed a good addition (blame my low hitsounding skills)
  10. 03:28:138 (8) - I'm actually surprised you didn't keep the stream up here. Since the tail end of this hits a nice note, consider reducing this slider to 1/4 and then add a circle at 03:28:314 - nice. I also re-arranged the following pattern nicely using the new movement from this
  11. 03:39:432 (6) - ^ as well. Mostly because of that sound. You have similar patterns around here but I feel like these should be different! yeah. A for the similarities between patterns I guess I did it unconsciously, because I was a bit tired here and went with the first thing that came to my mind
  12. 03:45:079 (5) - Consider two circles instead of a 1/2 slider. You can put the 03:45:256 - under the head of 03:44:550 (3) - or something. better
  13. 03:45:961 (2,3,4) - A little underwhelming imo. These are all pretty close together. Can you spread them out a bit more? sure, it kills momentum too much
  14. 04:14:903 (4) - Same as the mod below this one. Oooooh
  15. 04:20:550 (4) - I liked this pattern. Consider sticking this (4) under the (1) so it repeats 04:19:314 (1,2,3,4) - in reverse! It fits in with the echo Oooooh (part2)
  16. 04:23:197 (8,9,1) - The emphasis here should probably be from (9,1) Consider stacking (9) on the last combos 04:21:961 (9) - true
  17. 04:35:373 (3) - I think you're missing a whistle here? I do
  18. 05:20:550 (4) - A bit random for a 3/4 slider imo. I mean it doesn't really make a difference, just doesn't really fit in with what you did in this section of all 1/2s. you're more than right here and I know it feels strange, but when I mapped this I thought this sound was somewhat of a drawn out sound like 05:25:667 (1,2) - . Tbh I really like it as it is now, since it gives a nice push-back for the next 3 beats, but if others point out this I guess I'll have to do it ;w;
hopefully something helps. Good luck o/
I wish I had your expertise when it comes to modding ;w;
Feel free to ask me a mod in return whenever you want :3~
Narcissu
JxL中文字幕團 …………………………

--------

i don't know too lol, more tag not problem …… maybe
Topic Starter
Seijiro
lol, idk, I had that among tags when I dragged it into the editor ahahahah
Gonna remove it since looks pretty pointless x)
Luel Roseline
mod here

[SNOW]
00:37:138 (4) - I think 1/16 slider is better than circle...
00:51:432 (4,5) - Change to slider
02:14:618 (6) - Ctrl + G
05:16:491 (1) - Remove NC
05:16:491 (1,2) - I think this snap is way better...

Well...
Topic Starter
Seijiro

S A V E R Y wrote:

mod here

[SNOW]
00:37:138 (4) - I think 1/16 slider is better than circle... heh, seeing where it is placed it would be unreadable and moreover gameplay would become way too kinky (even for the map's style)
00:51:432 (4,5) - Change to slider I'd like to have a reason for it tho x)
02:14:618 (6) - Ctrl + G that doesn't follow my circular flow at all, sorry
05:16:491 (1) - Remove NC I don't really see why considering I break the DS there
05:16:491 (1,2) - I think this snap is way better... I didn't understand this tbh... :/

Well...
Thanks for your time, but no change :/
show more