Yoshino Nanjo - Kimi ga Emu Yuugure

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuii-
W e w
Rapthorn

Bearizm wrote:

we did some modding in Discord's voice chat and in game previously, and then they posted those because I went offline early due to timezones. If QATs wanna DQ due to "insufficient amount of KD" then go ahead it's fine by me. lol.. I kinda justified what we did before pishi's post but if that's still not enough then whatever.
Hey look someone actually took the time to explain for once.

IIRC loctav has dqd a map before due to not posting proof though, so be wary of that
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Rapthorn wrote:

Bearizm wrote:

we did some modding in Discord's voice chat and in game previously, and then they posted those because I went offline early due to timezones. If QATs wanna DQ due to "insufficient amount of KD" then go ahead it's fine by me. lol.. I kinda justified what we did before pishi's post but if that's still not enough then whatever.
Hey look someone actually took the time to explain for once.

IIRC loctav has dqd a map before due to not posting proof though, so be wary of that
Thanks for the warning. I do realize that me justifying it isn't really solid evidence but if this is the case, I can just shoot some more stars in it to get it re-qualified if there's nothing wrong with it. gonna ask around.
chainpullz
If for whatever reason this gets DQ'd I'd recommend raising the drain. With HR I feel like my bar barely drops with misses. HP was going up spinning 300RPM on the last spinner so I don't think that would be an issue either. Probably not worth breaking the heart just to change HP though.

I think going up as high as HP6.5 wouldn't be an issue since the section before the last spinner is really easy to acc so you will almost always be at full hp right before the spinner. With full health at HP6.5 (9.1 on HR) I dropped to ~40% hp before spinner neutralized drain. HP7 (HP9.8 on HR) would probably still be passable but I think you would fail if you shitmissed the last circle which I think you can still do with HP6.5.

Fycho
Hi, this map can be improved in my opinion:

Most of the jumps in kiai are overdone, which doesn’t fit the calm song well the extra feels very forced. I strongly recommend you reduce the jump, follow vocals sometimes, to avoid the boring 1/2 spam rhythms. Also you can make the jumps be different degrees to fit the music better. Some examples are below:

01:18:848 (1,2,3,4,5) -If you follow the vocals, it will be more natural and intuitive: Make the circles/sliderhead on vocals tick.
01:23:727 (2,3) -you can start sliders at 01:23:727 -to make some difference, which will be more interesting.
  1. 01:24:811 -^
  2. 01:30:414 (1,2,3) -following vocals could be better
  3. 01:34:209 (5) -clap doesn’t fit music well
  4. 01:40:534 - 01:49:209 - you could make this part's space smaller, the music turns to be lower here.
  5. 01:47:583 (5) -01:47:944 (2) -overdone, music doesn't have something supporting the huge jump.
  6. 01:51:558 (2) -
  7. 02:30:775 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -^
  8. 02:39:992 (8) -^
  9. 03:39:811 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - the 3+3+3 jumps don't fit as well. Music is not the 3+3+3 style, the second jump:03:40:354 (1,2,3) - are not natural when playing. But 03:41:257 - 03:41:438 - 03:41:619 - this three piano should be taken together to make a jump or something.
  10. 04:38:908 (4) - overdone
  11. etc....

Considering this map only got quite a few mods, I suggest you grab enough mods before requalifying, don't rush things. Feel free to tell me if you don't understand anything. Also don’t forget to consider chainpullz’s concern.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
I'm sorry, I don't know if I have the motivation to get this qualified again.. I'm so lazy/bored. let's try again..

Fycho wrote:

Hi, this map can be improved in my opinion:

Most of the jumps in kiai are overdone, which doesn’t fit the calm song well the extra feels very forced. I strongly recommend you reduce the jump, follow vocals sometimes, to avoid the boring 1/2 spam rhythms. Also you can make the jumps be different degrees to fit the music better. Some examples are below:
I would rather keep it jumpy rather than an even MORE BORING hard difficulty. I feel like the song instruments may sound "calm" to you, but it's actually not for me, also the vocals are very very powerful so the jumps makes up for it.

01:18:848 (1,2,3,4,5) -If you follow the vocals, it will be more natural and intuitive: Make the circles/sliderhead on vocals tick. this is the problem with mapping imo. People tend to follow one thing, and I try to follow every rhythm in the song (but in this case, i guess it's more oriented towards the instruments on some the intense parts, but uhh i'll nerf some distances in the kiai when the vocal isn't there so it'll be more obvious.
01:23:727 (2,3) -you can start sliders at 01:23:727 -to make some difference, which will be more interesting. again about the vocal/instrument emphasis i wrote on the top. this one's following the instrument (and vocal). it's hard to explain but it works imo.
  1. 01:24:811 -^ ^
  2. 01:30:414 (1,2,3) -following vocals could be better uhh the thing is with this map is that I'm pretty sure the click rhythm is consistent throughout 3 of the kiai's so I'm not changing this. It's following the guitar in the background. If i change it to a slider it would just be way too much slider in such a circle-heavy map.
  3. 01:34:209 (5) -clap doesn’t fit music well yep, agreed. in the second part it does sound different. I'm changing this throughout the 3 kiais.
  4. 01:40:534 - 01:49:209 - you could make this part's space smaller, the music turns to be lower here. my pattern ;-;
  5. 01:47:583 (5) -01:47:944 (2) -overdone, music doesn't have something supporting the huge jump. if you ask me, it's a pretty normal DS when compared with other objects. Plus, a circle there would increase the momentum for 01:47:763 (1) -
  6. 01:51:558 (2) - changed on all kiais except for the very last bit. I'm sure this is the main issue of this map since there is clearly nothing that supports it but i made a star pattern anyways lolz. my bad.
  7. 02:30:775 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -^ refer to tap rhythm at 00:58:245 (4,5,6,7,8) - and there's a guitar at 02:31:498 (5) - so i added those circles again. it's basically a continuation. The rhythm's consistent so it should be easy to track this..
  8. 02:39:992 (8) -^ this part is a bit different because there's the guitar unlike the slow part in the beginning before the first kiai, but yes i agree. i nerfed this slightly.
  9. 03:39:811 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - the 3+3+3 jumps don't fit as well. Music is not the 3+3+3 style, the second jump:03:40:354 (1,2,3) - are not natural when playing. But 03:41:257 - 03:41:438 - 03:41:619 - this three piano should be taken together to make a jump or something. i knew this would be a problem lol :s. Changed to 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2
  10. 04:38:908 (4) - overdone i have mixed feelings about this. if you notice, this map is actually progressive in terms of difficulty; as in it raises difficulty slightly every kiai. So..... this happened.. but uhh. i nerfed 04:39:631 (4) -
  11. etc.... gonna get some bn mods or something.

Considering this map only got quite a few mods, I suggest you grab enough mods before requalifying, don't rush things. Feel free to tell me if you don't understand anything. Also don’t forget to consider chainpullz’s concern.
@chainpullz I'll go with HP6 then. it's pretty standard i guess.

thanks guys!

EDIT: Nerfed a lot of shit so it makes more sense and the emphasis becomes more obvious. thank you based oko. not gonna qualify this i guess. let it rot in grave.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
looking back, this feels like it's a double standard case.. HW's Kimi no Gin no Niwa's emphasis is so subjective and so is this, yet that is fine and this isn't lol. Well after the DQ; map quality turns to shit but whatever.

Meh.
pishifat
rank it
Topic Starter
Bearizm

pishifat wrote:

rank it
omg hi bb didn't know u still acknowledge my existence ;_;
Shad0w1and

pishifat wrote:

rank it
Now! Plz!
Gear
I really do hope this can go ranked again..
Shad0w1and
pishifat said you can rank it ;)
btw, you need change metadata to Yoshino Nanjo, because of meaningless RC update.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
should i remap?

just fixing things, dunno if i wanna rank, it's pretty uhh... old.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.