forum

My UR is terrible and I hit inconsistent.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ARCskieZ
Okay I really don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.
My UR is terrible...even in super easy maps I get like 140~170UR and in maps on my skillevel its never under 200.
I tried playing with HR on for 1 week and I didn't get better (just my scores got worse alot due to the smaller hitwindow for 300's).
I feel like trash everytime I play.
My rainbow 300/300 ratio is 2:1 all the time and I hate seeing 200s on random nodes even tho I play completly on rythm.

After this play today I just rage quit.
I hit too early all the time.
I tried changing my offset around, but it didn't help.
I feel like I have zero rythm...
Getting 95% scores with these terrible UR's and 300 ratios makes me mad at myself.
I even turned off hitsounds, because these tend to be offbeat alot of times.
First I thought I can solve this issue myself, but it really hurts my enjoyment of the game, since I get mad at myself real fast and this is something that somehow hurts the most.
I dunno how I can change this...
Evening
Your UR is fine, i personally get 150~200 everytime so it's ok to have that UR unless you're some accuracy beast who can actually hit <100 consistently

As for ratios and stuff, 2:1 300g:300 isn't horribly bad but I notice you hitting notes too early (higher negative error) so I'd recommend shifting your hitposition

--

Shifting hitposition:

Using the skin.ini (specifically skin.ini) you will need to edit the values of hitposition in it, note that hitposition will only adjust for the key it is labelled under

Raising the value will lower the hitposition, so it's more apt for people who would like to hit later
Lowering the value will raise the hitposition, so it's more apt for people who would like to hit earlier (which is your case)

Just experiment with the values and play some rounds with it, you should be able to get a better score sooner or later

--

Scroll Speed:

Well, not really recommending for players to shift it every second and on every play but if you'd like you can experiment changing scroll speeds. Getting a good scroll speed so that you have enough time to digest every pattern will help you connect the "hitting at the correct time" and "hitting the correct keys" aspects together. But this is just a suggestion, you're free to not shift this if you feel that any other scroll speed will screw you over
Full Tablet
The UR measure in osu!mania's result screen considers the timing of the LN releases, so if you accidentally release a LN too early it will increase the UR drastically without it having a very high impact of the overall accuracy of the play. A UR measure that doesn't consider LN releases would be more useful (and maybe a separate value for the timing of the releases).
Topic Starter
ARCskieZ
Okay I try to adjust my hitposition.
My scollspeed is good for me atm. I recently (a few days ago) changed it to 27 and my accuracy overall got alot better (since I can read complex patterns easier).
Any tip how much I should changed the hitposition?
My Hitposition is 425 atm. so should I go in 5 steps like from 425->420 or even smaller?
Thanks again for the quick answer, maybe I try to push myself too hard, but ye...competetive mind and all..

@Full Tablet: Thats news to me, thansk for that.
Explains why I have like 500 UR on some noodle maps...
Evening
There should be a formula for how much you should adjust it (no one really bothers to calculate thay though) but for now just go for trail and error until you get a solid and balanced hit error range