forum

Alternative Version to Relax - Hold(ish) type of mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Yauxo
Suggestion;
Some sort of "different Relax", where you'd have to hold the key down to play notes; The difference to nomod being that you dont have to re-press your K1 or K2 to play the next note after the initial press.

So basically;
Relax: Aim manually, clicking happens automatically (Unranked)
Idea: Aim manually, clicking happens when any key is held down (semi-automatic) (Unranked)
Nomod: Aim and click manually (Ranked)

Main reason im suggesting this is because of some personal reasons which Ive written below this. Other reasons for this to be a thing could be - just like Relax and Autopilot (and Targettest) - that some people might want to use this as a practice mod. After all, you still have to tap to the beat, yet you can skip streams with that. If youre trying to cheese the mod and hold the button down all the time, then why not play Relax instead.

Personal Reason
Ive got a carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand (tap hand) so I cant really/dont want to strain it by hammering on many triplets or streams - I still want to play though, so Ive recently started to use alot of Relax because of that.
While playing, Im trying to tap as if I'd play tap-x, as just aiming is kind of boring. If I were to switch from Relax to NoFail, I'd just notelock on most of the streams since Im missing a second Key in that sense. 1/2s are possible, 1/4s arent. That new kind of mod would help with that.
Sea_Food
Some questions.

1. If you already have your ways of going around this with Relax and NF, the why would you need this mod.

2. How about tapping with your left hand if your right hand is the problem? I understand that you migth be left handed and use it for mouse, but you can play mouse only. More rewarding that skipping streams

3. Seems like a very niche reason to make this.

That said, i would really like this for osu!droid for obvious reasons. The problem is that osu!droid is not ever going to get updated anyway so whats the point.
Topic Starter
Yauxo

Sea_Food wrote:

Some questions.

1. If you already have your ways of going around this with Relax and NF, the why would you need this mod. Well, I kind of do, I kind of dont. Relax allows for aiming only, tapping is irrelevant as everything will be hit at 300s (unless you misaim)and NF notelocks (hit first circle of a stream -> lock second, cant hit third and continue)

2. How about tapping with your left hand if your right hand is the problem? I understand that you migth be left handed and use it for mouse, but you can play mouse only. More rewarding that skipping streams Im indeed lefthanded. My left hand uses a tablet for aiming (and now tapping) and the right hand was used for tapping. Switching over to left handed mouse isnt a thing "you just do".

3. Seems like a very niche reason to make this. It IS a niche thing to ask for, yes
I dont think that that'll happen, but asking wont hurt
Bara-
I like this