hanyuu_nanodesu wrote:Hey, from my modding Q
Red : unrankable issue
Blue : highly suggested to fix
Black : normal suggestion
Green : random comment
Bold : slightly more important than others
- Song setup -> design, disable widescreen support, it's unnecessary since you don't have storyboard.
- You can put the preview point here 01:13:995 to catch the cute phrase before the chorus too
- AR 4 would do and would make a better spread since Normal's AR is 5 (+1 from Easy) but Hard's AR is 8 (+3 from Normal) and that's not a really good spread. So, AR 4 would be better.
- 00:14:650 (4) - Place this higher a bit for a better flow from (3). And since you're moving that, better move the entire pattern too (00:14:650 (4,5,6) - ) http://puu.sh/mCAZL/a614d1d15f.jpg
- 00:14:650 (4,5) - Well, a little bit, if you don't know. If you make this kind of pattern where a circle (or a slider's head or tail) is placed at the middle of a slider's body, it would be better to blanket it. What blanket mean is "cover" the circle (or slider) completely with the slider's body. You can do it easily by using the approach circle as guide. Example : notice the difference, before : http://puu.sh/mCB5f/025197882e.jpg after: http://puu.sh/mCB6A/f895136089.jpg The pattern would look much neater that way. I'll only tell you this time, but there are still pretty much imperfect blanket shape at your map so try to self mod and fix them yourself okay :3 Example 00:12:027 (1,2) - (with (1)'s slider end this time), 00:17:273 (1,2) - , 00:18:913 (3,4) - , 00:35:634 (1,2) - and some more.
- 00:14:650 (4,6) - For pattern like this, you better use symmetrical pattern. Which mean you use the same slider shape, but you rotate it so it would oppose each other. To do it, just delete the current (6) and make a new one by copy-pasting (4) and then press ctrl+> twice. If the head facing the other way, like this : http://puu.sh/mCBgU/edc52829c1.jpg just press ctrl+g and that should fix it
- 00:18:913 (3) - Another basic. Actually, you can make slider wave anyway you like, doing it like this is not wrong either, but it can look better. Slider waves are supposed to be curvy and to do a perfect (mean better) curve, you can do it like this http://puu.sh/mCBkQ/7744e32690.jpg or http://puu.sh/mCBme/6e3abfa377.jpg or anyway else you like. Personally I prefer the first technique since it's easier and still looks good :3 Ah, fixing the slider shape might ruin the blanket with (2)'s head so maybe you have to adjust and reposition (3) a bit.
- 00:19:896 (4,6) - These together don't really look good imo :/ they're so close together and almost overlapped. Furthermore, I think the 1/1 reverse slider here 00:21:208 (6) - don't really fit because there's a long sound there. The sound is different from here 00:15:962 (6) - so you don't have to use the same rhythm. I suggest to use single (with no reverse) long slider, you can end it here 00:21:863 like you currently do or here 00:22:191 since the sounds end there. I suggest the latter tho. You can do the placing like this http://puu.sh/mCBB7/e614994e77.jpg (I reposition (5) so it have better flow from (4)), sneak peek with the repositioned (1) for DS. http://puu.sh/mCBDF/3125dad7ce.jpg
- 00:23:831 (3) - Is the reverse at red tick really necessary? o-o I mean there's no significant sound at red tick so I don't think it's appropriate to add a reverse there. You better use a single 2/1 slider followed by a circle http://puu.sh/mCBIh/e282b8a54e.jpg or two 1/1 sliders http://puu.sh/mCBJF/8d44c9c2f9.jpg or a little bit variation to fit the vocal better http://puu.sh/mCBKY/1a499bbb65.jpg :3
- 00:27:437 I highly suggest to add a note here or add a reverse to 00:26:781 (6) - to support the sound here since it sure feels empty without anything here while there's a noticeable sound.
- 00:30:388 (1) - This is kinda antiflow.... I don't really recommend this for Easy. You could simply make the flow better by pressing ctrl+g. Not only the flow from the previous slider, the flow to the next circles should be better too http://puu.sh/mCBSr/cf45bf36a4.jpg and that way nicer.
- 00:43:503 (5) - I highly suggest to NC here because of the change of the verse and music feels (going slow) BTW, at the previous recent rhythm, you NC-ed every 2 big white tick but this one has been more than 2, so consistency problem also encourage this.
- 00:48:421 Add a note, same reason as before ^ or simply extend 00:47:437 (9) - so it'll end there.
- 01:08:093 (4) - Really better to start this at red tick like you did here 01:05:634 (2) - since the big sound start there. Leave the polarity problem for this.
- 01:09:732 (1,2,3,4) - For this part, I suggest to follow the vocal and the big sound at red tick since that the main and big sound here so not following it, even though you stay at white tick rhythm, it feels off. It's alright to use some 1/2 rhythm for Easy if necessary. Rhythm example http://puu.sh/mCCdp/a81899d02b.jpg or use the same simple rhythm as the ranked version http://puu.sh/mCCkt/6fb27ec7ae.jpg (I don't even think of this, maybe that mapper is a genius )
- 01:13:011 (1) - I don't think NC here necessary since the music don't really change. Not really too significant very big sound either. So I think it should be better to use the same combo.
- 01:18:585 (2,3) - Try to swap (ctrl+g) these. It should sound better since the vocal here 01:18:913 would be perfectly supported by a single slider instead of got mixed with circle. Furthermore, starting a reverse slider here 01:18:913 would emphasize the big sound at big white tick better instead of using reverse http://puu.sh/mCCqq/19c21358e4.jpg
- 01:24:814 (1) - I think you better just map this part instead of using spinner. But if you insist on using spinner, I highly suggest to start the spinner here 01:25:470 (keep it end at where it's currently) and map the empty part with 1/1 slider or two circles http://puu.sh/mCCwM/a9b827dccb.jpg
Whoa that's pretty much x-x
But I still feel not enough since it's only one diff.... But I have to study now T-T
Maybe I'll check later if I have time, or tomorrow. But there's a chance I won't recheck this again so don't expect too much.
For now, I'll end this here~
Oh yeah, a little note. If this is your first map, it's actually pretty good; the rhythms are pretty nice and consistent, should be sufficient for ranking but what need improvement is placing. Make sure you fix every blanket problems you find in your self mod and try to find some information about: slider shape, placement, and flow. If you're good at that, than this map is good.
Good luck ^^
hanyuu_nanodesu wrote:Heya I'm back
No kudos for this post since this is a recheck
- HP 4 and OD 4 will works. Especially OD since it went to 5 in Hard so it would be Easy 3, Normal 4 (+1), Hard 5 (+1)
- Still same blanket suggestion as Easy
- 00:18:257 (1) - Is the NC here really necessary? .-. there's no really big sound here so I think you better use the same combo. NC here instead 00:19:896 (3) -
- 00:29:076 (1) - Eh, you sure about this? o-o it might be a bit tricky for Normal imo... Furthermore it kinda overlap so it don't look really good either. The flow not that good as well... I suggest to head it to the left, like http://puu.sh/mCNoZ/2cf8342889.jpg but if you insist to keep, at least try to adjust it a bit so 00:29:568 (2) - 's head would stack with 00:27:765 (1) - 's http://puu.sh/mCNs7/5691bc510f.jpg
- 00:34:978 (5,6,7) - Wow, this would pretty hard to hit because of the poor flow xD I suggest to smooth the flow a bit with changing the position, like http://puu.sh/mCNEq/41db8f8e9a.jpg can't really be that smooth because of 00:34:158 (3) - and 00:35:634 (1) - 's current shape. Maybe you should change them a bit... for (3) : http://puu.sh/mCNHz/405fb45483.jpg for (1) : http://puu.sh/mCNIP/d07adc2e46.jpg
- 00:36:781 (3,4) - Move and rotate a bit for better flow http://puu.sh/mCNOm/6af14d0c52.jpg
- 00:51:372 (1,2) - Well, looks pretty good, I like this kind of overlap, but you really better avoid these for Normal :/
- 01:05:470 Since this is Normal, maybe add a circle here for a better polarity and to support the vocal (?)
- 01:04:486 (1,3) - You could use 1/1 reverse slider to support these better too
- 01:08:093 (4) - I highly suggest to start this at red tick like you previously do since the sound fall there. (you can add circle before it as I suggest above too ^ )
- 01:09:732 (1,2,3,4,1) - Change this rhythm to support the big sound here 01:10:880 and here 01:12:191 Because currently you are completely ignoring it -,- Example : http://puu.sh/mCObG/97c41c042c.jpg
- 01:17:273 (1) - Don't do this T^T the sound at big white tick is very big, it should be clickable. Start a 1/1 slider at big white tick. Add circle or 1/2 slider here 01:17:273 to support the vocal http://puu.sh/mCOkj/b426b0ea01.jpg don't forget to add finish at head btw.
- 01:20:880 (2,3) - Eh, blanketing it very near like this is pretty hard to read imo, especially for Normal player.... I suggest to just place it at head http://puu.sh/mCOsB/8533aa7fed.jpg
- 01:22:847 (1) - Eh o-o this should be way better http://puu.sh/mCOxz/41d0e6575c.jpg
- 01:24:814 (1) - Same suggestion as Easy about starting this here 01:25:470
- Placement got better, but flow still can be improved. And pretty much overlap problem .-.
- I think AR 7 or 7.5 would make a better spread.... The Hard is not that dense so the AR don't need to be too fast.
- HP 5 will work too
- 00:04:158 (6) - NC here instead of here 00:05:470 (1) -
- 00:03:831 (5,6) - And why are these so close together? o-o a 1/1 pattern should be further apart than 1/2 pattern except for some case... And I don't think this case count .-.
- Wait... you turned distance snap on right? .-.
- 00:13:339 (6) - For this case, stay off of big white tick since there's no really sound there. The big sound altered here instead 00:13:175 so you better just start the slider there. http://puu.sh/mCP4i/4d43b8a8f5.jpg
- 00:15:634 (4,7) - Sorta nazi mod : stack these heads.
- 00:31:699 (5,6,7) - For Hard, maybe you could leave this as a single pattern. You could make it by simply change 00:31:372 (4) - to 1/2 slider so it don't get mixed with the trio circles 00:31:699 (5,6,7) -
- 00:34:486 Unlike here 00:35:470 that has no sound, this part have sound here so you better just map it by adding a circle.
- 00:39:404 ^ I highly suggest it this time because there's a very noticeable vocal.
- 00:45:142 (5) - I don't recommend multi reverse 1/2 slider like this tho because it's most of the time hard to read... It's not really fit the song too especially because the big sound here 00:45:470 It should be better if you use several 1/2 sliders or maybe this rhythm to fit the vocal better http://puu.sh/mCPtu/ded8ed0df1.jpg
- 00:48:257 Very noticeable drum sound!!! Add a note!!!!
- 00:48:749 (1,2) - Make much more sense if these were swapped (ctrl+g) since the long sound starts here 00:48:749 so it would be better to be supported with slider instead of circle. If you change, let the circle stacked with the next slider's head since it fit very well.
- 00:52:355 (1) - Why I oppose this: 1st I don't recommend multi reverse for slider longer than 1/4 beat (1/3 beat are exception because they are hard to hit) and the big sound is here 00:52:683 and nothing here 00:52:355 supporting them with the same slider reduce the emphasize for the big sound. So I suggest to start the slider here 00:52:683 remove one reverse and add a circle or 1/2 slider here 00:52:355 to support the clap http://puu.sh/mCPMs/f5c47a1e25.jpg that really should work better.
- 01:05:634 (2) - Wow, those anchor o-o Well. I think instead of making it straight with those amazing anchors, you better make it kinda curved to blanket (1)'s tail ^^""""
- 01:08:093 (4) - Same suggestion as Easy and Normal, start this at red tick.
- 01:12:191 Better start the multi reverse slider here and add more reverse to fill the empty part. At least slider would emphasize it better.
- 01:15:634 (4,5,6) - Ctrl+g these, should work better.
- 01:21:372 (5,1) - ^
- 01:35:634 Add a note, drum sound
- 01:29:732 (6) - Well, maybe you better NC here since the sound this slider following is different from the previous notes.
Okay, that's all, I'll end this here ^^
I still try to improve in placing for this map ( all diffs ) in next few days.
That's a lot and i'm finally done. I think i changed all you mentioned since i'm new to mapping this took me a bit of time ( and i wasn't much online ) but now i'm done.
I wanna say thanks for your mod but not only for modding, you helped me a lot learning new things and that's why i wanna say thanks again.
Really good mod thx