forum

[Archived] FRAPS lag on latest release

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SABM-Bryan
Problem Details:

Been using FRAPS to record replays since 2011. Never had a problem with it until the latest update came in where the FPS would run around 20-29FPS which resulted in a lot of choppy frames. Prior to this I could record at 100++FPS without any problems at all. Rolling back fixed the issue except some of my replays went missing.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151128.2
columna1
I have a similar issue but with OBS, I can record/stream perfectly fine and still get 500+fps on stable(fallback) but when I try on anything newer I end up getting 12-20fps which is painful.

rough computer specs

im using my radeon HD 6850 not my Nvidia card and had the same problem before installing the nvidia card
Topic Starter
SABM-Bryan
I'm on an ASUS laptop with an i3U clocked at 2.0GHz and a 920M(insignificant since Osu! prefers to run on my HD5500 for some reason)
Trosk-

SABM-Bryan wrote:

I'm on an ASUS laptop with an i3U clocked at 2.0GHz and a 920M(insignificant since Osu! prefers to run on my HD5500 for some reason)
That's because osu! is having problems with NVidia Optimus, so it runs better with the integrated GPU than using the NVidia one. This will be fixed in the future, but not really soon (I think).
StarDrive0
Same problem here, 2000 fps when Game Capture (OpenBroadcaster x64) is off, but only 28 fps when Game Capture is active.

It used to work without problems a few weeks ago (haven't tried since then).

Hard- and Software:
I7-2700k @ 4.4 GHz
HD 7970 @ Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta
Windows 8.0 x64
Osu! Beta 2015-12-11
Osu! Stable 2015-12-11

EDIT
I just saw Peppy's post and indeed it was Raptr which killed my fps.