forum

2016 Remake Project! (The past is now the present!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rawrneru
Page is WIP

Hello and welcome to the:

2016 Remake Project!

This project is to remake and revamp
the old and iconic songs throughout osu! history!

Anxient, Mango Juice and Rachneru are very interested in this sort of
event and we'd like it if the current beatmappers come
on over and help us through this epic journey to
make the past: the present.

Q: Rachu, what do I do?

A: Simple. Get a beatmap considered famous, iconic and old,
and remap it. It's as simple as counting.

Q: But wait, how do I know I'm mapping the right beatmap?

A: Don't worry, you can ask experienced players and
those who have been in the osu!community for a long time.

Q: But Rachu, I'm not good at beatmapping..

A: Too bad.. I'm just kidding! This event is open
for everyone to join and you're very welcome to try!

Q: (Some famous mapper) REJOICE! I AM HERE
TO BOOST POPULARITY WITHIN THIS THREAD.

A: Ok.. That is actually pretty helpful, famous mapper!

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (and their desired map)
PolkaMocha - Hatsune Miku - Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu
tasty_ - Undefined
Baraatje123 - Undefined
Mango Juice -Linked Horizon - Guren no Yumiya (TV size)
Anxient - Undefined
Rachneru - UNDEAD CORPORATION - Yoru Naku Usagi wa Yume o Miru

Once your beatmap is ready for ranking,
please post a link in this thread.

To join,
PM any of the people running this event with Name, Reason, and an Example.

Anxient
Mango Juice
Rachneru

If you have any questions or concerns,
please PM the people above.

DEADLINE IS PRE-2017
(Somewhere in between October and December of 2016.)
Mango Juice
We have a thread and we just post beatmap(or puush if not done yet hue) links here rite? (btw my name in orange is a nice touch hue hue hue)
Topic Starter
rawrneru

Mango Juice wrote:

We have a thread and we just post beatmap(or puush if not done yet hue) links here rite? (btw my name in orange is a nice touch hue hue hue)
Precicely my dear friend! I don't think it can get much more simpler than that.
Mango Juice
I HAVE NOTHING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bara-
What do you call old?
Everything 2years old, or 4? Then we have a small estimation on what is proper and what isn't
Depending on what age, I will join
Let's hope the μ's songs are all getting old :P
Yauxo
If someone's talking about old, I think about stuff like Bad Apple, Airman, Ritsuen, Matryoshka, Romantic Fall, Talent Shredder (more or less) and tons of nightcore maps, to name a few. Probably lots of val too.
That kind of old or even older?
Ayesha Altugle
I plan on this one too. Can I join this project?
Starrodkirby86
Is this my chance to redeem myself on Emergency? jk

I find this idea pretty neat --- it's my hopes that the new entity would be regarded in its own light, and not simply scoffed off as some non-superior derivative riding the coattails of the older map's fame.
CSLM
Yeah!
Count with me! <3
Mercurial
The only old maps I would want to re-map aren't allowed because of Crapnami copyright issues.
Ayesha Altugle

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Is this my chance to redeem myself on Emergency? jk
Do it please!

I have to remake the very first map in osu!
Myxo
Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of this project. It seems better to map songs that have not been ranked yet than remapping the classics. Especially since the classics are mostly better maps than what we see today.

Oh well, everybody should be doing what's fun for them overall ^^ Good luck!
Yauxo

Desperate-kun wrote:

Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of this project. It seems better to map songs that have not been ranked yet than remapping the classics. Especially since the classics are mostly better maps than what we see today.
\Subjective Opinions/

I dont think that it'd be a negative thing to remap things from time to time. We get many new players every day which might really dislike the old mapping style and dont play these maps because of that. Remapping would fix that.

Also, just because a fun song has been mapped before, doesnt mean that it's "locked" for other mappers :v
Mao
I'm a fan of old maps but if they want to do it, it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with the project /o/
Raiden
Well I'd love to remap some old Taiko maps but

1. It's taiko
2. I'm AFK until February :(
Mango Juice
Omai o_o didn't expect that many people to join lel yea of course you can join, but I will need to contact Rachneru so he can put you on the post wehoooo :)
_tasty
I'd like to join! maybe I'll re-map talent shredder, mabe airman, maybe with a dance number.. idk >.<
polka
Calling dibs on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/8284

ouo;;
Stefan

Desperate-kun wrote:

We learnt from the almighty Nintendo that recycling is a happy thing, see the latest Zelda HD Remakes.
Myxo

Stefan wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

We learnt from the almighty Nintendo that recycling is a happy thing, see the latest Zelda HD Remakes.
They are doing it BECAUSE the old games are better, as they will sell well again. Also the remakes are mostly the same games.

This would be like if I just upload an oldschool map with the new slider algorithm and rank it or something :D
Mao
Aren't they rehauling the maps completely? I think it's fine lol
Endaris
I don't see a real need to remap good maps.
There are some maps of questionable quality from the very early days though when the standards weren't as high.
I'd rather like this to target such maps as these effectively don't have a good ranked mapset but still work as bad examples while being ranked.
_tasty

Endaris wrote:

There are some maps of questionable quality from the very early days though when the standards weren't as high.
I'd rather like this to target such maps as these effectively don't have a good ranked mapset but still work as bad examples while being ranked.
Chocobo
Topic Starter
rawrneru

Mercurial wrote:

The only old maps I would want to re-map aren't allowed because of Crapnami copyright issues.
Every song is allowed except for those from sucknami

Shizuku- wrote:

I have to remake the very first map in osu!
You're welcome.

Desperate-kun wrote:

I could see how you would dislike this project. Yes, the old maps are indeed very fun and nostalgic, if I do say so myself, but adding the new age flare to an already existing map is just a bit fascinating and pretty interesting to see how it would turn out.

Mao wrote:

I'm a fan of old maps but if they want to do it, it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with the project /o/
Danke danke

Raiden wrote:

Well I'd love to remap some old Taiko maps but

1. It's taiko
2. I'm AFK until February :(
Anything goes mate.

_tasty wrote:

I'd like to join! maybe I'll re-map talent shredder, mabe airman, maybe with a dance number.. idk >.<
Tasty my man. Of course. Everyone is allowed.

Stefan wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

gg you win no re

Desperate-kun wrote:

This would be like if I just upload an oldschool map with the new slider algorithm and rank it or something :D
The thing is though, it doesn't need to be ranked. It could be just appreciated by the community and we'd be satisfied.

Mao wrote:

Aren't they rehauling the maps completely? I think it's fine lol
Rehauling, remaking, whatever. ;)

Endaris wrote:

It's not about needing, it's about getting the newcomers and the new blood of mappers to revamp older maps with new style and to just have something to do for that community. I would see where the need doesn't belong, but hey, I'm just human.

I'm going to update the thread and add newcomers to the list

And also HOLY CRAP THIS GAINED MUCH MUCH MORE ATTENTION THAN I IMAGINED.
Irreversible
Interesting project, maybe I'll map something!

I don't see the "hate" btw, if someone dislikes the project... why caring in first place? Stick to the old maps~
show more