forum

Higher Resolutions [waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Red Deft
Sorry if i missed a download patch or mod for it that has already been posted, but i would like it if i could get this game in a res of 1280x1024. I really dont like playing it windowed or letterboxed or anything like that and would love to see it in full res on my comp without it getting stretched/skewed.
peppy
Change the scaling method in your graphics drivers to "keep aspect-ratio". osu! only supports 4:3 resolutions, so you will have to like with letterboxing since you are running at a non-standard 5:4 resolution.

More resolution support is on the request list, but don't expect it too soon - tis not a simple change.
Topic Starter
Red Deft
Okay, thanks for the reply anyways :). Its still fun to play but the boxing makes me claustrophobic about my mouse sensitivity is all, lol.
gaph2000
My monitor has the same resolution, but I don't have any letterboxes. Maybe your Fullscreen option is unchecked?
Puffles
Hang on a second. Higher resolutions means circles with a larger pixel radius, which gives people an unfair advantage over those with small screens, and those who can't run the game on higher resolutions due to outdated graphics cards. Even playing on 800 X 600 is somewhat harder than playing on 1024 X 768.

Plus, most people use images for levels that are about 1024 X 768. Higher resolutions would create distortion in said images.
awp
Puffles that's like saying playing osu! on a 48" TV gives someone an unfair advantage over someone playing on a 19" monitor. There's no difference with the resolutions, really. It's all to scale.

Circles are bigger, gaps are bigger.
Echo
Anyway, I do worse using 1024x768. I've been using 640x480 ever since it came out :)
ROMaster2
peppy told me a while back that you can just go in the .cfg file and change the Resolution to what size you want, I have it at 1152 x 864 windowed.

It's not supported so if you crash from it, it's not peppy's fault.