forum

[resolved] problem moving .osu file from pc to usb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elite_panda
Problem Details:
hi i got osu on my pc and i would like to move the songs to my usb osu put when i go to the songs in the files it shows folders with the song when i press the folder there is a .osu file and a mp3 file when i drag the osu file to the osu on my usb i get a error some pls help :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151128.2
RvNovae
Move the whole folder.
Topic Starter
elite_panda
to where?
RvNovae
Well, in fact I'd recommend you to move either the whole Songs folder or the whole osu! folder.
Trosk-
You won't be able to play the maps if you only move the .osu archives. You will need to move the whole beatmap folder. Anyways, you can just copy the whole Songs folder, or even the whole osu! folder to your USB.
Topic Starter
elite_panda
yeah but where do i move this folder? i dragged the folder to osu game but it does not work so where should i move the folder to? do i need to move the folder from the pc to the songs folder on the usb?
Trosk-

elite_panda wrote:

yeah but where do i move this folder? i dragged the folder to osu game but it does not work so where should i move the folder to? do i need to move the folder from the pc to the songs folder on the usb?
I don't even know what you are talking about anymore. The beatmap folders should be inside the Songs folder of your osu! installation. (And obviously the Songs folder should be inside your osu! installation folder.)
Topic Starter
elite_panda
ok let me try to make this more clear on my pc there is a folder that has more folder with songs and .osu files where do i move these folders to? do i move them to my osu usb song folder?
RvNovae
Either you move the Songs folder into your osu! folder on your usb drive or you move the folders within the Songs folder into the Songs folder in the osu folder on your usb drive. Just keep the same file hierachy.
Topic Starter
elite_panda
ok i will test it out and tell u guys if its works :)
Topic Starter
elite_panda
thanks for the help everyone its works :) now i can have all my osu songs on my usb thanks again :)