forum

[resolved] Missing "avcodec-51.dll" cant install osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000
Problem Details:
I can't install osu.. I changed my graphics card yesterday and then my pc didnt want to boot into windows or smth so I had to reinstall win 10 and then I wanted to install osu but didnt work.. first it says osu stopped working when i start the osu!install.exe and then it says Missing DLL avcodec-51

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151202.3 (latest)
RvNovae
Did you install all of your graphics card and cpu drivers?
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

Olivarus wrote:

Did you install all of your graphics card and cpu drivers?

Well it worked before I changed my gpu and yes my gpu driver is up to date but i didnt update my cpu driver or never did but it worked before aswell so..
Trosk-
Could you try this? Download this osu!.exe, create a new folder in the desktop, move the osu!.exe to the folder that you just created and then run it. Let's see if it can download the archives properly here.
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

Trosk- wrote:

Could you try this? Download this osu!.exe, create a new folder in the desktop, move the osu!.exe to the folder that you just created and then run it. Let's see if it can download the archives properly here.
No..same problem :( thx for helping tho
skeet

H3llF1re1000 wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

No..same problem :( thx for helping tho
Had the same issue as you man, install the drivers:

avcodec-51.dll
avformat-52.dll
avutil-49.dll
bass.dll
bass_fx.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
Microsoft.Ink.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
X3DAudio1_1.dll

then put them in your osu! folder.

then go to the osu folder and go to view>and tick hidden items

there u go it works.

I'm not sure if you need to do the first step with the DLL's but that'd the way I did it.
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

avcodec-51.dll
avformat-52.dll
avutil-49.dll
bass.dll
bass_fx.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
Microsoft.Ink.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
X3DAudio1_1.dll

there u go it works.

I'm not sure if you need to do the first step with the DLL's but that'd the way I did it.[/quote]

So do I have to download the osu file from Trosk first ? because I can't install osu in the first place so I don't have the osu folder
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

avcodec-51.dll
avformat-52.dll
avutil-49.dll
bass.dll
bass_fx.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
Microsoft.Ink.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
X3DAudio1_1.dll

there u go it works.

I'm not sure if you need to do the first step with the DLL's but that'd the way I did it.[/quote]

Ok this is very weird I downloaded the offline installer of osu! and the installation was successful but when i srtart the game same problem happens and I clicked on shjow hidden files in the osu folder. There were all the DLL files u listed but when I tried to start the game again..All the files just disappeared..
skeet
download the online installer and create a folder. run the osu!.exe and when it crashes do the hidden folder thing then run it again. that should work
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

Verserino wrote:

download the online installer and create a folder. run the osu!.exe and when it crashes do the hidden folder thing then run it again. that should work
:(
XinCrin
There are missing files in your osu folder
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

H3llF1re1000 wrote:

Verserino wrote:

:(
I pressed on it a serveral times and then an update log appeared saying missing osu.dll and when I deleted the updated log it didnt appear after I clicked on the osu!install.exe anymore..weird
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

XinCrin wrote:

There are missing files in your osu folder
can you plz tell me what im missing ?
Ashmar
And I had almost the same problem xD, but what I would check is if your settings match your country. Like your region. If it's changed there is a high chance osu! will just say you are missing some files.

You need to be sure everything in the settings is of the country where you live, like your language. So everything is from your country.
You could also download the .DLL, but that probably won't work since they probably will just ask all the .DLL files that osu needs and you won't find all of them easily. Can you reinstall osu? And lastly what highly isn't the problem is to check your .NET Framework.
That's all I know that helped me like yesterday xD.
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

Ashmar wrote:

And I had almost the same problem xD, but what I would check is if your settings match your country. Like your region. If it's changed there is a high chance osu! will just say you are missing some files.
You need to be sure everything in the settings is of the country where you live, like your language. So everything is from your country.
You could also download the .DLL, but that probably won't work since they probably will just ask all the .DLL files that osu needs and you won't find all of them easily. Can you reinstall osu? And lastly what highly isn't the problem is to check your .NET Framework.

I can't install osu! in the first place so I don't think reinstalling is an option. I live in switzerland and they speak german there but my pc is in english because i prefer it in english, before I reinstalled win 10 my pc was also in english but some parts were in german and now its all in english so maybe thjats the problem but Ill try looking at the region stuff. thx for helping
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

Ashmar wrote:

OH MY FUCKING GOD....IT FUCKING WORKS!!!!!! THX YOU SO MUCH!!!! ALL I DID WAS CHANGING THE TIME FORMAT AND IT FUCKING WORKS :D IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trosk-
Could you see if you have an "update.log" archive inside your osu! folder? If you have it, could you provide it? (Yes, I saw the OP, but it seems incomplete)
Ashmar
I told you so, but I'm happy I could help someone else with the same problem,
Have a nice day playing osu.
Topic Starter
H3llF1re1000

Trosk- wrote:

Could you see if you have an "update.log" archive inside your osu! folder? If you have it, could you provide it? (Yes, I saw the OP, but it seems incomplete)

I don't see any "uptade.log" in my osu folder
DefoER
I still don’t understand what needs to be done I have the same problem I need to make Windows 10 under which country did I install or in which country do I live?