forum

What was your progression?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
negstupide
Hello,

the other day some people called me noob at osu! I agree completely. However, my question is, how much do I suck? To know the answer, I have to compare myself to others, so now I ask, how much time did it take you guys to being able to complete 5 stars songs? Because I have been playing for months now and I'm level 58 and still can't complete them.

Thanks
VeilStar
Moved to G&R. 'Completing' X star maps isn't really a measurement of skill, and level doesn't mean much either. But to give you somewhat of an answer, it took me 4 - 6 months to be able to properly play (FC) 4.25 ish star insanes, and after that progression got really really slow.
uberpancake
At 17k play count I had 1.3k pp (while trying my best to farm). Pretty proud of that one. I passed my first 5 star a bit after that, so maybe at 20k play count? This is an example of horribly slow progression btw. This is not how slowely the average player progresses
I Give Up
I am worst progression. Never give up.
Carebare
Your playcount doesn't matter. As long as you practice smartly and play a lot, you will get better.
Ninonuko

negstupide wrote:

how much do I suck? To know the answer, I have to compare myself to others
NOO, and you're not suck, play more, stop retyring.

negstupide wrote:

how much time did it take you guys to being able to complete 5 stars songs? Because I have been playing for months now and I'm level 58 and still can't complete them.
It tooks me less than 2 years to be able to fc most 5* and I moved to farm extra diff after a short time I don't remember how long it tooks exactly and I don't know my real play count at all.
shitpass 5* is garbage tbh

Yeah my play count is pure bullshit
buny
5 stars in a month
Yuudachi-kun
Regularly fc 5 stars within 1-2 months
Vuelo Eluko
fc 5.1-5.4 stars within a year and a half

fell back down to 4.2-4.7 stars 7 months later [currently]

probably wont be able to even pass insanes anymore by 2017
Lapoozza
I can clear a few 5 star maps ( the maps listed under the 5 stars tab ). Cant really accuracy them ( well tbh can't accuracy any map ). I am about 3 months into the game.
Endie-
Started 9 months ago
I'm able to FC 5-5.3 star songs
Highest FC is a 5.81 stared song

EDIT:
Comparing yourself to others is generally not a good idea.
KanoSet

KukiMonster wrote:

Never give up.
play more and enjoy the game pls
timemon
playing osu for a year and a half now.
took me about 8 months to start playing 5 star maps.

too bad im stuck again :(
E m i
5 star pass took 4 months of mouse only and 5 star fc took 4 months of mouse only + 4 months of tablet
(numerous passes/fcs)
Nabel_old_1
Passing 5 star maps took me 1-2 months fcing with decent acc however took me at least a year. I`ve been playing for 2 years now and my highest fc is a 5.4 star map :/.
Risa
Topic Starter
negstupide
I can't even pass a 5 stars can't imagine FC some o.o

CareBare wrote:

Your playcount doesn't matter. As long as you practice smartly and play a lot, you will get better.
Any tips on practicing "smartly"?

Thanks for the replies!
chainpullz

Reset- wrote:

5* plz
:^)
Nabel_old_1

negstupide wrote:

Keep playing osu! as a rythm game and don't start playing maps that are way too hard for you. I made this mistake and now the only maps I'm able to play with high acc are ar9-10 170-200 bpm maps My friend who is rank 150k will destroy me in multiplayer if he puts a 3-4 star ar 6-7 map.
Vuelo Eluko

xinfuzionx wrote:

negstupide wrote:

Keep playing osu! as a rythm game and don't start playing maps that are way too hard for you. I made this mistake and now the only maps I'm able to play with high acc are ar9-10 170-200 bpm maps My friend who is rank 150k will destroy me in multiplayer if he puts a 3-4 star ar 6-7 map.
ideally do both, best players ive ever seen used this method. although id wait until you get a solid grasp and can get high acc on 4.5-5* before you walk into crazy 6-7* shit so you have a solid grounding in the basics. doing it too early is probably going to hurt in the long run.
ZenithPhantasm
First 6 months was rapid steady improvement then it went all downhill.
Pituophis
I'm level 98 and I'm just starting to be able to pass 5* maps more regularly. lol
Remember level and playcount aren't important at all, it's better to just ignore those. Everyone progresses at a different pace.
show more