forum

What are your music interests?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ska Cat
5 minutes ago
From looking around through the osu! community for a few months now, I notice how a lot of people here have a lot of tastes and interests in music (considering how there are of course 7 million users and that this is a music based community.)

I'm a huge Ska person and I enjoy techno, especially from Japan. Punk rock is also great
When it comes to Ska, bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, and Rotfront comes to mind. I also like listening to ska covers/remixes of songs.
Techno and punk rock, definitely from IOSYS. I would like to talk more, but I'd rather keep it short.

What I'm trying to say is, what are your music interests?
Daichi Shinku
I mostly an Allrounder, I liked Jazz, Electro, Rock, and some Orchestra's songs too..
Stick2Glue
Interests, eh? Well, to keep things simple, my playlist goes from French impressionistic/classical music, to rock, to vocaloid and finally to orchestral music.
Trust me, there are more diverse tastes out there...
jackfrostjunes
mostly 80s music, 80's metal, classic rock, trance, hardstyle, 90's jpop, some jazz and video game music.
its usually country music or bad vocals that ruin it for me.
Navizel
It doesn't matter what genre it is as long as the music is good though most of the time I listen to Japanese music and rock (math rock, post-rock, emo, etc.), and pop. Japanese music includes but not limited to Susumu Hirasawa, Melt Banana, Shiina Ringo, Ryoji Ikeda, and Kinoko Teikoku. Just to name a few for rock stuff: Radiohead, tide/edit, Brand New, Boris, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.
Pikabutt
Started off listening to mostly J-Pop, but then once that started kind of following apart before the 2010s, and my interest in K-Pop increased, I've completely switched over. Music on my phone consists of approximately 90% K-Pop, 5% J-Pop, and 5% other, including Chinese, instrumentals, etc. I miss the era of J-Pop where women like Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, and Koda Kumi were dominating. Nowadays, the only Japanese songs I tend to download would be those used as anime openings and/or endings.
Shock
Mostly metal, usually progressive metal (love those weird time signatures), melodic death metal, or melodeath-influenced metalcore. The occasional alt-rock song (usually from the 90s) is alright as well, and I have a few other guilty pleasures as well...

Some of my favorite bands include Periphery, In Flames, and Alice in Chains.
Plane
I have a vast music taste, I enjoy everything from Streetlight Manifesto and Radiohead to Vocaloid.
Meah
Like this or cover by her rather.

http://puu.sh/lNiN2/82d67a9dea.mp3#_=_
LigerZero
i like trance, remix, hardcore remix, techno, metal, pop, classic pop, classic rock, rock and instrumental
GSG95
i really like future bass especially if they sound like these:

if you know any songs that sound alike i'm begging you, please send me a pm.

also mord fustang is my lord and saviour next to future bass.
Chaosemerald
My favourite genres are definitely britpop and britrock. My fave bands are Suede, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs and Muse
I also really like italodance, drum'n'bass and classic rock ^^
hnmk13
Definatly metal and rock(Five Finger Punch and Rise Agasinst rule!).I like all the rage put behind each song,like I can almost feel it.When I want to relax I listen to electro music(no particular interest here).
Ciku
Senya or 1D eaither one. <3333

wajinshu
I like remix, techno, instrumental and many others....
zoze
Probably traditional instrumental (mostly Asian musics) and rock 8-)
Vexx
Trap, mainly. I wish there were more beatmaps to this style, but oh well.
Ecarnage
slow music
Tornado
Any song that contains piano sounds
Fateburn
I like metal, breakcore and...
Yugoslavian civil war songs (things like remove kebab or sve dzamije u oblake lete)

srsly why
-Seren-
My music interests change every time; but I'm currently interested in DnB mostly, Chillstep, and occasionally metal and speedcore
klepon_old
My music interest are instrumental, classical, techno, jazz, anisong, hip hop, ballad, rock, metal, and a little bit house. I know a little bit about EDM, especially house music, from my sister. I like dangdut too.
BigEarsMau
Here's my list of genres that I'm really interested in :
1980s-2000s alternative rock
Garage/indie rock
Shoegaze
Glitch hop
Chillstep
Speedcore
80s-90s electronic
Birdy
Ambient, Breakcore/Glitch/IDM & Indie Rock/Pop mostly.

I could copy my full list from my "Find a friend" post, but fuck it.
Aiai
My interests are: Vocaloid, electronic, and anything played on the radio
Rurree
I like alternative rock the most. I also appreciate post-hardcore, pop punk, punk rock, thrash metal, speed metal, rap metal, indie and progressive rock.

R.E.M., Green Day, Pierce the Veil, Pantera, Mastodon, Rage Against The Machine, and the Arctic Monkeys are my favourite band.

I'm into Japanese and Electronic music too. DnB and Glitch Hop are my favourites while my favourite Japanese acts are Nano, SPYAIR, Halozy, Demetori, FELT, ONE OK ROCK, akino from bless4, MY FIRST STORY, FLOW, Chico with HoneyWorks, Sana with HoneyWorks and yuikonnu
Justykanna
Mostly rock. Skillet, Linkin Park, Rise Against to name a few.
Have been listening to a few more OSTs lately and they tend to run with a good beat too.
Jiroski_old
I have quite a few which ranges from pop to alternative rock or even some R'n'B. Can even sometimes be some good ol' D'n'B or just instrumental.
blueglitter012

MeowsGG wrote:

5 minutes ago
From looking around through the osu! community for a few months now, I notice how a lot of people here have a lot of tastes and interests in music (considering how there are of course 7 million users and that this is a music based community.)

I'm a huge Ska person and I enjoy techno, especially from Japan. Punk rock is also great
When it comes to Ska, bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, and Rotfront comes to mind. I also like listening to ska covers/remixes of songs.
Techno and punk rock, definitely from IOSYS. I would like to talk more, but I'd rather keep it short.

What I'm trying to say is, what are your music interests?
blueglitter012
Hey guys! I was wondering if maybe osu1 could have some of the new music that's going on. Like justin bieber's new songs,same for Beyonce,Nicki minaj and things like that. Thnx ;)
Aomi

Fateburn wrote:

Yugoslavian civil war songs (things like remove kebab or sve dzamije u oblake lete)
wtf
vizzy
EDM, chillstep, anything Porter Robinson, Japanese pop, pop
Sanxu_old

Aomi wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

wtf

Beat of the year all years.
SumoPower
Anything Japanese
Sanxu_old

SumoPower wrote:

Anything Japanese
Oh man you love hanatarash too?
Navizel
gerogerigegege is the way man
show more