forum

[Archived] DT Lowers Difficulty.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TehDragonGuy
Problem Details:

I have *just* started mapping a mapset of S3RL - MTC (Different Heaven Remix), and encountered what I believe to be a bug with the way that star rating is calculated (obviously this is not easily fixable but is a bug nonetheless.)

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/385291

With the only difficulty I have added to so far, when you add DT, the star rating decreases from 1.59 to 1.06 (This may be incorrect as I have updated the map locally since, but there is definitely a decrease). This clearly isn't right, and it believe the problem has come from the way the system calculates star ratings for extremely short songs. It is definitely a problem though.

osu! version: 20151128.2
Trosk-
The star rating algorithm wasn't created to calculate maps with 1 second of drain time and 7 objects. This isn't going to happen with a more complete beatmap, as you can see in the images, so I don't think this is actually a problem.

Topic Starter
TehDragonGuy

Trosk- wrote:

The star rating algorithm wasn't created to calculate maps with 1 second of drain time and 7 objects. This isn't going to happen with a more complete beatmap, as you can see in the images, so I don't think this is actually a problem.

Obviously it's not a big deal, but it's a bug still. Maybe it wasn't worth reporting, but it is there, and it's strange. Plus, who knows how it could affect longer maps, even if it is only slightly.