forum

pls enjoy tournament [Tourney Over, Congrats Fuyukai Desu!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jks
Is there anywhere I can find mp links from games that have been played? (Specifically Team Crap Aim vs. Cilvery's Panties) thx
Crowve

Dumi wrote:

Is there anywhere I can find mp links from games that have been played? (Specifically Team Crap Aim vs. Cilvery's Panties) thx
On the spreadsheet of the shedule are all mp`s .
-Kenny-_old
Schedules for the teams playing this weekend? :o
Topic Starter
jms8720
Argh, delayed again.

Schedule spreadsheet is now updated with the Week 2 match times! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UUqZkZfs25XAAtEyWk74QBiN-qQVaF9TDqXPAAmwBOc/edit#gid=611697270
KwKm
oh...bancho....
Topic Starter
jms8720
Lots of stuff for me to cover in this post, so please do read ^^

First, here's the next mappool!

Next, there will be some major changes in the rules for the next few rounds.

1. Matches will be held in the Last Man Standing format, meaning that after every map, the person with the lowest score will lose a life or their slot will be closed if there are no lives remaining. TEAM SCORE WILL NOT MATTER except for the tiebreaker.
  2. What happens if there is a tiebreaker? All slots will be reopened, and the team score will be the only thing that matters. The side that has the greater team score wins.
  3. Speaking of tiebreakers, starting from the Round of 8, there will be three tiebreaker picks. When the tiebreaker is to be played, each team will roll again, and both teams will each ban one tiebreaker. The winner of the roll can choose whether to ban first or ban second.
  4. After all (or almost all) of the matches in a weekend are finished, there will be a mappool showcase to show the next mappool. There was actually a showcase for the current mappool (which not many people knew existed); however, starting from now, the showcases will be official. Feel free to tune in and get a head-start on the maps! We also are looking for people to participate in these mappool showcases, just shoot me a PM if you are interested! (You must be under #5,000 rank and must not be currently participating in the tournament.)
Tshemmp
So when do we get the schedule for the round of 16? Only 2 days left, you know.
Ezoda
best tournament stuff i've seen ... waiting for 10 minutes now still no referee or admin online ! keep that work
Tshemmp
This is such a joke, you guys can't even follow your own schedule. I was really impressed with your website and stuff and had high hopes. But this is such a disappointment now.
xDarxen
You guys should not be so harsh on them. They are doing everything they can to keep this tournament enjoyable. They are people after all...
Aoiyuuki-

xDarxen wrote:

You guys should not be so harsh on them. They are doing everything they can to keep this tournament enjoyable. They are people after all...
I agree with you wholeheartedly: they've put effort in creating mappools on time, scheduling matches for us, updating us on Picks and Bans on matches, etc.

Mistakes happen, but in the end, I'm grateful to see that this tournament continues running just for the players. plsenjoygame
Topic Starter
jms8720
We had some great matches today as well as some that did not go as planned, sadly. At least Bancho didn't crash on us this week ^^

@Ezoda, Tshemmp - We had a miscommunication with the assigned ref for your match; this will not happen again as I will now remind each ref of their times/matches individually. Also with less matches going on, this sort of situation is less likely to occur again. I'm sorry about this, please let me know what times you are available during the week and I'll see if we can reschedule your game.

New mappool's out for the Round of 8! Note the three tiebreaker picks that I mentioned in the last set of PMs.

MAPPOOL :O

Double Elimination Round 2 (Ro8) Mappool

NoMod

1. (5.36*) Chiyoko - Baby Fantastic! -Short ver.- [Fantastic] mapped by Zweib
  2. (5.36*) Reol - MONSTER [-KEVINCELA-'S EXTRA] mapped by handsome
  3. (5.36*) Mitis & MaHi - Blu (Speed Up Ver.) [Asphyxia's Extra] mapped by Ashasaki
  4. (5.37*) P*Light - YELLOW SPLASH!! [Expert] mapped by Guy
  5. (5.43*) sana - Yakimochi no Kotae [Jealousy] mapped by Cherry Blossom
  6. (5.45*) t+pazolite - Pumpin' Junkies [DUGEM] mapped by inverness

Hidden

1. (5.28*) Nekomata Master+ - nightbird lost wing [Another] mapped by captin1
  2. (5.38*) DECO*27 - Streaming Heart feat. Hatsune Miku [Extra] mapped by Tsumetaku
  3. (5.44*) LiSA - Rally Go Round [Extra] mapped by FrostxE

HardRock

1. (5.35*) ESTi - HELIX (Edit ver.) [Yuki's Another] mapped by Hollow Wings
  2. (5.39*) Sub Focus - Tidal Wave (feat. Alpines) [Collab Insane] mapped by Secretpipe
  3. (5.42*) Cororo - Fairy ring [Serenity] mapped by Kite

DoubleTime

1. (5.16*) otetsu - Sai afure, Ketsurakusha [Insane] mapped by Kite
  2. (5.24*) Printemps - UNBALANCED LOVE [Insane] mapped by ZZHBOY
  3. (5.44*) 765PRO ALLSTARS - M@STERPIECE [Beyond the Brilliant Future] mapped by Startrick

FreeMod

1. (5.02*) Soleily - Renatus [Insane] mapped by TestApple
  2. (5.2*) Blackhole - Lagomorphic [Lagomorph] mapped by happy623
  3. (5.24*) Dark PHOENiX - Last Remote - Type gamma [Lunatic] mapped by sjoy

Tiebreakers

1. (5.44*) kamome sano - A Day in the S.I.O.U. [Chloe Lemaire] mapped by M o k o r i
  2. (5.46*) Camellia - d:for the DELTA [Contamination] mapped by Naitoshi
  3. (5.51*) SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Gemie - x.U. (ETIA. Hardcore Bootleg Remix) [Shinoa] mapped by captin1

More clarifications

1. If there is one slot left for a team and a FreeMod pick is chosen, the sole player must pick a mod - there must always be at least one mod chosen per FreeMod pick.
  2. Winners' bracket and Losers' bracket are still 2 lives per slot.
  3. Next week, there will be matches for both the losers' bracket of the Round of 16 and the winners' bracket of the Round of 8.
  4. Use the Challonge! bracket numbers to keep track of brackets: Losers Round 1, Losers Round 2, and Round 2 will all use the new Ro8 mappool (see above).
    Mappools will be assigned per week; this means that both the losers' bracket of Ro16 and winners' bracket of Ro8 will feature this new mappool, not the one played today. Hence, ALL TEAMS SHOULD LOOK AT THIS MAPPOOL FOR NEXT WEEK'S MATCHES.
Crowve
Please post the schedule this time earlier . :S
Topic Starter
jms8720

thewagner wrote:

Please post the schedule this time earlier . :S
I gotchu fam ^^

Updated schedule with Ro8 matches!
Topic Starter
jms8720
Here we go, semifinals time!

Congratulations to the teams that made it to the Top 8:

Undefeated (Winners' Bracket) - Team Bubbles (-Kenny-), Butt Buddies (Num5119), testicles (TheOmyNomy), 420 spin it (Tshemmp)
One Loss (Losers' Bracket) - MMMMM (Reset-), Synergy (Shuku), joash's imoutos (Corelith), and Fuyukai Desu (saoie)

And...
good luck with this insane mappool :P

Double Elimination Round 3 (Ro4) Mappool

NoMod

1. (5.67*) Orangestar - Asu no Yozora Shoukaihan [iyasine_sk's Extra] mapped by Gelbana
  2. (5.74*) RedMuffleR - Rubeus [GRAVITY] mapped by Smoothie World
  3. (5.79*) Nagaren - Ha neul's Ambition [arles] mapped by lahphnya
  4. (5.54*) Jin ft. LiSA - Headphone Actor [Survival] mapped by captin1
  5. (5.64*) Kairiki bear - Manemane Psychotropic [Psycho] mapped by scanter
  6. (5.65*) Himeringo - Yotsuya-san ni Yoroshiku [winber1's Extreme] mapped by RLC
  7. (5.82*) ginkiha+kamome sano - Dawn of Asia [INFINITE] mapped by Rare
  8. (5.97*) Reol - Asymmetry [captin's Extra] mapped by Gaia

Hidden

1. (5.43*) M2U - Masquerade [Extra] mapped by Melt
  2. (5.45*) signum/ii - yobigoe [Lunatic] mapped by captin1
  3. (5.56*) Matsushita & Yuikonnu - Love x Love Whistle [Extra] mapped by Anais
  4. (5.67*) Seiryu - Critical Crystal [-Irrvin-'s Extra] mapped by Priti

HardRock

1. (5.75*) EDEN - Lost [Escapism] mapped by Bearizm
  2. (5.46*) nano - Hysteria [Collab] mapped by theramdans
  3. (5.72*) Natsume Chiaki - Hanairo Biyori [Extra] mapped by rinsukir
  4. (5.74*) MiddleIsland - Roze [Lan] mapped by Lan wings

DoubleTime

1. (5.51*) Miyazono Kaori(CV.Taneda Risa) - My Truth~Rondo Capriccioso [April] mapped by Setz
  2. (5.71*) 3L - Be Happy* [Happy!!!] mapped by cRyo[iceeicee]
  3. (5.5*) Nishino Kana - Darling [Insane] mapped by Giralda
  4. (5.62*) Yoshida Mayumi - Zutto Kono Mama... [cRyo's Insane] mapped by Mythol

FreeMod

1. (5.47*) Caramell - Caramelldansen (Ryu* Remix) (Nightcore Mix) [Collab] mapped by Star Stream
  2. (5.57*) yuikonnu & ayaponzu* - Super Nuko World [Guy's Extra] mapped by AllStar12
  3. (5.42*) Lite Show Magic (t+pazolite vs C-Show) - Crack Traxxxx [Pantsu's Another] mapped by Fatfan Kolek
  4. (4.58*) Itou Kanako - Skyclad no Kansokusha -Remix- [taka] mapped by Takos

Tiebreakers

1. (5.85*) Camellia & DJ Genki - Feelin Sky [Hollow Sky] mapped by The Fetish
  2. (5.85*) cillia - Fairytale, [Promise] mapped by moph
  3. (5.98*) u's - Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE [Affection] mapped by Hinsvar

More changes/updates/news!

1. One slot will receive three lives from now on (while the other has two lives still); this is in accordance with the bigger mappool (8 nomod, 4 of each mod/freemod). Technically, the matches will then be a Best of 9 series. Each team will tell me which slot will be dedicated to having 3 lives instead of 2 before the match begins (during or right before rolls and stuff).
  2. We are still looking for streamers, especially those in Europe and Asia. Please let me know if you are available, even for a part of the time! :D
  3. If you need to reschedule a match, contact both the staff and the opposing team, and if you do come to a consensus, please give the staff at least 2 hours notice.
This has to be a tournament highlight:
Topic Starter
jms8720
Probably the fastest I've ever gotten a schedule done, but here it is!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =373057426
Num5119
You guys must be trying to DQ me :(

Megatron is bad wrote:

good luck with this insane mappool :P

Double Elimination Round 3 (Ro4) Mappool

NoMod

1. (5.67*) Orangestar - Asu no Yozora Shoukaihan [iyasine_sk's Extra] mapped by Gelbana
  2. (5.74*) RedMuffleR - Rubeus [GRAVITY] mapped by Smoothie World
  3. (5.79*) Nagaren - Ha neul's Ambition [arles] mapped by lahphnya
  4. (5.54*) Jin ft. LiSA - Headphone Actor [Survival] mapped by captin1
  5. (5.64*) Kairiki bear - Manemane Psychotropic [Psycho] mapped by scanter
  6. (5.65*) Himeringo - Yotsuya-san ni Yoroshiku [winber1's Extreme] mapped by RLC
  7. (5.82*) ginkiha+kamome sano - Dawn of Asia [INFINITE] mapped by Rare
  8. (5.97*) Reol - Asymmetry [captin's Extra] mapped by Gaia

Hidden

1. (5.43*) M2U - Masquerade [Extra] mapped by Melt
  2. (5.45*) signum/ii - yobigoe [Lunatic] mapped by captin1
  3. (5.56*) Matsushita & Yuikonnu - Love x Love Whistle [Extra] mapped by Anais
  4. (5.67*) Seiryu - Critical Crystal [-Irrvin-'s Extra] mapped by Priti

HardRock

1. (5.75*) EDEN - Lost [Escapism] mapped by Bearizm
  2. (5.46*) nano - Hysteria [Collab] mapped by theramdans
  3. (5.72*) Natsume Chiaki - Hanairo Biyori [Extra] mapped by rinsukir
  4. (5.74*) MiddleIsland - Roze [Lan] mapped by Lan wings

DoubleTime

1. (5.51*) Miyazono Kaori(CV.Taneda Risa) - My Truth~Rondo Capriccioso [April] mapped by Setz
  2. (5.71*) 3L - Be Happy* [Happy!!!] mapped by cRyo[iceeicee]
  3. (5.5*) Nishino Kana - Darling [Insane] mapped by Giralda
  4. (5.62*) Yoshida Mayumi - Zutto Kono Mama... [cRyo's Insane] mapped by Mythol

FreeMod

1. (5.47*) Caramell - Caramelldansen (Ryu* Remix) (Nightcore Mix) [Collab] mapped by Star Stream
  2. (5.57*) yuikonnu & ayaponzu* - Super Nuko World [Guy's Extra] mapped by AllStar12
  3. (5.42*) Lite Show Magic (t+pazolite vs C-Show) - Crack Traxxxx [Pantsu's Another] mapped by Fatfan Kolek
  4. (4.58*) Itou Kanako - Skyclad no Kansokusha -Remix- [taka] mapped by Takos

Tiebreakers

1. (5.85*) Camellia & DJ Genki - Feelin Sky [Hollow Sky] mapped by The Fetish
  2. (5.85*) cillia - Fairytale, [Promise] mapped by moph
  3. (5.98*) u's - Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE [Affection] mapped by Hinsvar
Num5119
No refs are online for the match between Butt Buddies and MMMMM so we are just gona do the match ourselves >:(

Mp: https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/22280460

Roll:

Bans:
MMMMM: Masquerade HD | Be Happy DT
Butt Buddies: Dawn of Asia NoMod | Headphone Actor NoMod

Butt Buddies win: 5 | 4

*I can provide screenshots of the match if needed*
Risa
^ just to confirm Num is right~

Anyways gg
Topic Starter
jms8720
Thank you Num5119 and Reset- for having the match even without the presence of a ref!

Next week is finals, and the last weekend of this tournament! Thank you to all who have supported us till now :)

Tied for 7th place, we have... Synergy (Shuku, Gaburieru-, Pam) and joash's imoutos (Corelith, _part, LeMainManCarfan).

Tied for 5th place, we have... MMMMM (Reset-, Karuta-, Suminoze) and testicles (TheOmyNomy, MEK, GranDSenpai).

Congratulations!

Undefeated (Winners' Bracket) - Team Bubbles (-Kenny-), 420 spin it (Tshemmp)
One Loss (Losers' Bracket) - Butt Buddies (Num5119), Fuyukai Desu (saoie)

FINALS MAPPOOL AHHH :O

Double Elimination Round 4 (Ro2, Finals) Mappool

NoMod

1. (6.08*) ZUN remixed by LeaF - Resurrection Spell [VOLCANO] mapped by Muya
  2. (5.84*) FujuniseikouyuuP - Invasion of stray cats [Stray0108] mapped by val0108
  3. (5.77*) Tatsh - reunion [Elvis' Masterpiece] mapped by Irreversible
  4. (6.04*) Camellia feat. Nanahira - Tsukitoro [Countless] mapped by jonathanlfj
  5. (5.82*) LiSA - EGOiSTiC SHOOTER [CRN's Extra] mapped by Asphyxia
  6. (5.78*) EBICO & jioyi - Slit [wkyik's Extra] mapped by Foreverends
  7. (5.80*) ONE OK ROCK - Clock Strikes [Moway's Extra] mapped by Saut
  8. (6.03*) Yooh - LegenD. [GRAVITY] mapped by Akali

Hidden

1. (6.00*) ALiCE'S EMOTiON - Dark Flight Dreamer [Dreamer] mapped by Sakaue Nachi
  2. (6.09*) DJ Ozawa - Tokyo (Innovaderz Remix) [Welcome to Skystar's Tokyo] mapped by Asphyxia
  3. (6.04*) SON OF KICK - Hours ft. Lady Leshurr & Paigey Cakey [Gangsta Collab] mapped by Irreversible
  4. (5.65*) O-Life Japan - Yakujinsama no Couple Dance [Lunatic] mapped by AngelHoney

HardRock

1. (5.97*) paraoka - boot [0108] mapped by Laurier
  2. (5.77*) sakuzyo - Imprinting [Orchestra] mapped by Nozhomi
  3. (6.00*) Krewella - Come & Get It [Come & Pass It] mapped by Aleks719
  4. (5.72*) Mikami Shiori - Watashi, Shuyaku no Akaza Akari desu (Happy Euri Mix) [Insane] mapped by Mythol

DoubleTime

1. (5.87*) Cocoa(Sakura Ayane) - Daydream cafe ~Gochuumon wa Cocoa desu ka? ver.~ [Pyon Pyon~!] mapped by Setz
  2. (5.98*) lily-an - The Starry true [Lunatic] mapped by Delis
  3. (6.29*) Jin Yan Xie - Dancing Kong Fu [Insane] mapped by bakabaka
  4. (5.79*) BiBi - Love Novels [Insane] mapped by happy623

FreeMod

1. (5.86*) Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Rave-up Tonight [Extra] mapped by lightr
  2. (5.77*) Awake - Supernova [DoKo] mapped by DoKito
  3. (5.55*) Renard - Smoke Tower [Trauma] mapped by Priti
  4. (5.81*) Project Grimoire - Caliburne ~Story of the Legendary sword~ [Extra] mapped by Mikkuri

Tiebreakers

1. (6.13*) Yooh - MariannE [Collab] mapped by neonat
  2. (6.06*) Ice - L (Lost, Loneliness, & Liberation) [Ascension] mapped by [ HalLoWeeN ]
  3. (6.07*) marina - Towa yori Towa ni [Eternity] mapped by Broccoly

More changes/updates/news!

1. Next weekend will feature both the finals for the two brackets and the Grand Finals. There will be one Winners' Bracket match, two Losers' Bracket matches (until there is 1 team left in the Losers' Bracket), and then the Grand Finals match.
  2. Both slots will receive three lives from now on; the finals will be a Best of 11 series.
  3. Reminder: If you need to reschedule a match, contact both the staff and the opposing team, and if you do come to a consensus, please give the staff at least 2 hours notice.
Schedule is up! Grand Finals is scheduled at Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM UTC!
Num5119
Damn it, PP farm maps in the mappool again x-x

Kung Fu dt......
Topic Starter
jms8720
So....

As some of you guys know, one of the teams competing in the finals did not have enough players to participate.
Therefore, the grand finals match will be postponed to next week.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Congratulations to our fourth place winner, Butt Buddies, captained by Num5119!

Congratulations to our third place winner, 420 spin it, captained by Tshemmp!

Prizes are still incoming / TBA; I'm awaiting a response from osu!staff to see if they can help sponsor some of the awards.
Thank you to everyone who has helped us / supported us this far! :)
saoie
In the name of Fuyukai Desu!,we had a lot of fun in this well organized tournament. :) Thank you and gg wp everyone 💕
Topic Starter
jms8720
Congratulations to Fuyukai Desu for winning PET and Team Bubbles for placing 2nd in the tournament!

For anyone curious, this is a listing of the placings: here.

The prizes are:

3 months supporter for the first place team, Fuyukai Desu
2 months supporter for the second place team, Team Bubbles
1 month supporter for the third place team, 420 spin it.

Prizes will hopefully come in the following week or so, whenever I can get the osu!staff to respond to my request ^^

Andddd..... my second tournament has now come to an end. Here are some of the many things I learned while tackling this project:

1. Make sure to pick a staff group that is responsible, active, and representative of as many different time zones as possible
  2. Get the schedules worked up ASAP
  3. Find a more efficient way to pick mappools (the mappool team knows how LONG it took to get those first few mappools going)
  4. Find a more efficient way to reschedule matches (that was kind of a mess)
  5. Find non-NA streamers! Some teams on the other side of the world were only featured on the stream during group stage D:
  6. Split the organization work between staff, and to not do it all by yourself lol
  7. Keep the website going with more activity throughout the tournament.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED OUT AND SUPPORTED US!

Megatron and Kardshark from doing everything from streaming, reffing, commentating, map picking, and dealing with disputes (you guys literally saved my life), Erik (seriously) carrying us with his super tiring streaming schedule and Gaburieru- helping us out with streaming when no one was there, derminYagami, Shuku, and Spedoinky helping all of us out in the commentating side.

Special shoutouts to saoie, Yumia, Corelith, Lazer, and ChronoNig who all know that the word "reffing" isn't a worthy description of their many contributions. Even when you weren't available for more than half of the tournament, I'm really glad that my first tournament / CDPP partner Tironas was still able to help pick maps and show up in the stream and such, thank you!

Thank you also to zelda101, ComplexCow, Anti-, MuffubZ for offering your time to play in the mappool showcases! Thank you to Team MMMMM (Reset-, Suminoze, Karuta-) and Team Butt Buddies (Num5119, ChronoNig, Aoiyuuki-) for self-refereeing that one match that saved the staff from a lot of hassle. Last but not least, thank you AceofSpades77 for helping to keep the schedules relatively error-free :P

And to all of our Twitch viewers to all of our tournament participants - thank you all! :)
Num5119
Really enjoyed the tourny Megatron is bad, plz do another one sometime (RIP 4th place only XD)