Paracelsus
who is this "megatron is bad" guy, he seems pretty bad
Topic Starter
jms8720

LeMainManCarfan wrote:

who is this "megatron is bad" guy, he seems pretty bad
gg rekt :/

Okay, actual serious stuff!

I'm going to go ahead and close registration now. The staff and I were nowhere close to expecting 52 teams to sign up in the first two days! o/

However, this also poses a problem: we only have spots for 32, and the most fair way to do this is to accept teams on a first-come, first-serve basis. So if you are one of the later teams to sign up, I'm sorry, but there may be a strong chance that we may not have a spot for you :(

There may be a change to the Last Man Standing rules - the staff is deliberating over the final details in the gameplay side of the tournament but major changes may follow. Stay tuned!

The staff and I will have the final roster of teams, seedings, and groups done by this weekend, which means we may release the mappool around that time as well.

Hype guys!! It's happening :)
Topic Starter
jms8720

Xoulium wrote:

A few questions :D
How many lives does one have in the Group Stages?
Is it possible to switch a player out after a map has been selected?
If ''Person A'' and ''Person B'' is playing and ''Person A'' loses all his life, can he then substitute ''Person B'' or is he considered ''active''?
Nope! Once a player loses all of his/her lives, nobody can substitute for him/her for the remainder of the match (unless tiebreaker).
Xoulium

Megatron is bad wrote:

Xoulium wrote:

A few questions :D
How many lives does one have in the Group Stages?
Is it possible to switch a player out after a map has been selected?
If ''Person A'' and ''Person B'' is playing and ''Person A'' loses all his life, can he then substitute ''Person B'' or is he considered ''active''?
Nope! Once a player loses all of his/her lives, nobody can substitute for him/her for the remainder of the match (unless tiebreaker).
No, I meant whether or not ''Person A'' could change with ''Person B''. Not whether or not ''Person C'' could replace ''Person A''. If that made it clearer :P
Karuta-_old_1
He basically meant if player A had lost all his lives, can he still be used as a substitute for player B

or is player A considered out of the game completely at that point
Topic Starter
jms8720
Derp, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Yes, he can substitute for B, because after he lost all of his lives he is no longer considered active and therefore can be substituted for an active player.
Hope this made things clear!
Topic Starter
jms8720
There have been edits to the rules as well as the overall schedule / dates for the tournament. Make sure you check them out!

Final rosters for teams as well as the release of the first mappool are scheduled for Saturday, December 19th.
Kanri
It's not a good idea to change schedule when people registered already. People high likely registered with the current dates in mind and may or may not be available on the new dates ESPECIALLY with the first weekend of group stage being on boxing day (or the equivalent holiday for people outside of Canada e.g. 2nd Christmas Holiday in Germany etc. pp.). You're setting yourself up for a bunch of drop-offs and schedule problems with this.
Crowve

Kanri wrote:

It's not a good idea to change schedule when people registered already. People high likely registered with the current dates in mind and may or may not be available on the new dates ESPECIALLY with the first weekend of group stage being on boxing day (or the equivalent holiday for people outside of Canada e.g. 2nd Christmas Holiday in Germany etc. pp.). You're setting yourself up for a bunch of drop-offs and schedule problems with this.
^This.
EmeraldStar82

Kanri wrote:

Australia has boxing day too ._.
Nokys
Why not move dates back instead of pulling it closer to the holidays? That way you would only affect the finalists, everyone else would be playing the same dates as before. But by having the tournament start one week earlier you literally change the schedule for half the players or whatever amount of groupstage matches you put there. Really not an elegant solution to extending the the tournament to 32 teams (which is fine) and a not very thought-out decision at all since this leaves many teams without their full roster or even unable to participate at all.

Please reconsider the new schedule and I highly recommend simply moving everything one week back to reduce the affected teams to only the finalists and also to avoid having matches on holidays. Thank you.
Histoire
can we see the participants registered
hallowatcher

Anti- wrote:

Why not move dates back instead of pulling it closer to the holidays? That way you would only affect the finalists, everyone else would be playing the same dates as before. But by having the tournament start one week earlier you literally change the schedule for half the players or whatever amount of groupstage matches you put there. Really not an elegant solution to extending the the tournament to 32 teams (which is fine) and a not very thought-out decision at all since this leaves many teams without their full roster or even unable to participate at all.

Please reconsider the new schedule and I highly recommend simply moving everything one week back to reduce the affected teams to only the finalists and also to avoid having matches on holidays. Thank you.
I highly second this and everyones posts on this topic. What a bad decision to change the dates, especially after already registering for different ones. You probably thought "Oh registration finished so quick so let's start the tournament earlier", but that's really not the way to go.

Not everyone sits at home and plays osu on their holidays, you know.
LaKnox

[HALLO] wrote:

Anti- wrote:

I highly second this and everyones posts on this topic. What a bad decision to change the dates, especially after already registering for different ones. You probably thought "Oh registration finished so quick so let's start the tournament earlier", but that's really not the way to go.

Not everyone sits at home and plays osu on their holidays, you know.
no need to be so hard on him, but well i dont agree with changing the dates either i guess
Tshemmp
I can't really play on the new dates either (well technically I can but I'd prefer if I don't have to). I signed up for playing in january, not earlier.
Topic Starter
jms8720
Schedule will most likely be pushed back a week, sorry for being dumb and not noticing that the tournament would now conflict with two holidays ;-;

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

@Histoire - http://plsenjoy.tk/teams
hallowatcher

Megatron is bad wrote:

Schedule will most likely be pushed back a week, sorry for being dumb and not noticing that the tournament would now conflict with two holidays ;-;

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Thank you, and thanks for hearing us out :3.
Crowve

Megatron is bad wrote:

Think he means the accepted.
Topic Starter
jms8720

thewagner wrote:

Megatron is bad wrote:

Think he means the accepted.
Haven't been released yet.
Crowve
When can we?
hallowatcher

thewagner wrote:

When can we?
Today, supposedly.
Xoulium
Today for them might not be today for us Europeans, also, poor Australians xD
EmeraldStar82
You didn't label what mods are used on each map... ._.
Megatron

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

You didn't label what mods are used on each map... ._.
They'll have labels Soon(TM).

EDIT: They have labels now.
Topic Starter
jms8720
Update (12/19/15): Going to move the date of final registrations to Monday, December 21st. Admin team is still dealing with some issues and finalizing things on the registration side, please be patient c: I don't think I made this clear, but the final registrations are specifically for the creation of teams; the team members can be changed until the first day of the tournament.

How to format mappool posts hmmm (it's coming soon)
alice soft
Pretty nice work mapsetters and nice looking mappool page design, could use some tweaks to be aligned column-wise though.

pa shuwa pa pa shuwa~
Topic Starter
jms8720
for people too lazy to see the website...

(as of right now the website is slightly bugged as in the FreeMod pool is missing; trust this forum post over the website for now) fixed

Group Stage Mappool

NoMod

1. B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams - Airplanes (Feint Remix) [Shooting Stars] mapped by Snepif
  2. Mitchie M - Ageage Again [captin's Insane] mapped by Natsu
  3. Suzuki, Konomi, Okui Masami - Absolute Soul-blade- [Insane] mapped by CelsiusLK
  4. niki - WAVE [Insane] mapped by Roxas
  5. Wotamin - Gigantic O.T.N [SCV's Insane] mapped by Star Stream
  6. Caravan Palace - Clash [Insane] mapped by Loctav

Hidden

1. Dee! feat. Nomiya Ayumi - Hito Ayumishi Unmei ni Yosete [Lunatic] mapped by Mixagji
  2. nameless - 3331 [apple's Insane] mapped by Milan-
  3. Touyama Nao & Yamazaki Haruka - Ringo Ribbon [Insane] mapped by Fycho

HardRock

1. MISATO - Necro Fantasia [Lunatic] mapped by Aka
  2. Kano - Stella-rium [Sekai's Insane] mapped by Moeka
  3. U - Ha-tenya? [Insane] mapped by biwako

DoubleTime

1. Yuuki Aoi - Mata Ashita [Insane] mapped by Kibbleru
  2. T-ara - Bo Peep Bo Peep [Collab] mapped by Pink Agate
  3. Tsuji Ayano - Kaze ni Naru [Insane] mapped by S o a p

FreeMod

1. Rita - Aiiro [Insane] mapped by Fycho
  2. FELT - Flower Flag (MZE Echoes the Spring Liquid Mix) [Lunatic] mapped by FrostxE
  3. CLIFF EDGE feat. Nakamura Maiko - Endless Tears [AIRakuen's Extra] mapped by Rakuen

Tiebreaker

1. Nekomata Master feat. Shimotsuki Haruka - Element of SPADA [Valor] mapped by handsome
LeReyCat
Caravan Palace - Clash [Insane] mapped by Loctav
This map is really hard for it just to be 4.46 Stars D:

Fun map though^^

Great job on the website :)
Battquif
No single tap :O nooooooooooooooooooooob Kappa ;p
Tim Scam
Pretty nice mappool, some maps are super annoying ;)
Really nice tiebreaker :)
Littleboy40
Heh... I'm the only Swiss player. :D

Seems like Swiss players are not that interested in tournaments. :P
Topic Starter
jms8720
Hello!

These are the teams that were selected to play in the tournament:

List of teams
  1. The Ice Angels
  2. Synergy
  3. Ruri Gokou BEST Girl
  4. 420 spin it
  5. Butt Buddies
  6. OverRanked
  7. #TWNF
  8. Hey Hey Kotaete
  9. MMMMM
  10. Cilvery's Panties
  11. Time To Choke
  12. cant register
  13. NOT THERE ONII-CHAN
  14. Unjunguyalid
  15. Blue Army
  16. testicles
  17. Hyper High Speed
  18. Nekomimi Complex
  19. joash's imoutos
  20. MiaOG
  21. De Gozaru
  22. Team F5
  23. New Folder
  24. Team Crap Aim
  25. Fuyukai Desu
  26. Carry Wagner
  27. Eternal
  28. Team Gaybois
  29. samas (and quickiez)
  30. Team Bubbles
  31. potato team
  32. Wii Tennis

To those who team names are not on this list, I'm very sorry, but this is our capacity and we were not expecting the spots to fill up in a mere two days. We may contact a few of you if some teams drop out prior to the beginning of the tournament.

Thank you all for signing up! :D
LeReyCat
_._

Oh well, good luck to all those participating!
Topic Starter
jms8720
How the team seedings look as of now (I will probably update this for the last time next week):

Top Seeded
  1. Eternal
  2. 420 spin it
  3. cant register
  4. Blue Army
  5. Butt Buddies
  6. Fuyukai Desu
  7. Ruri Gokou BEST Girl
  8. samas (and quickiez)
High Seeded
  1. Nekomimi Complex
  2. Team Bubbles
  3. New Folder
  4. MiaOG
  5. Synergy
  6. testicles
  7. Team Crap Aim
  8. potato team
Low Seeded
  1. Carry Wagner
  2. De Gozaru
  3. Unjunguyalid
  4. joash's imoutos
  5. Team F5
  6. MMMMM
  7. Team Gaybois
  8. Hey Hey Kotaete
Unseeded
  1. Wii Tennis
  2. NOT THERE ONII-CHAN
  3. The Ice Angels
  4. Cilvery's Panties
  5. #TWNF
  6. Hyper High Speed
  7. Time To Choke
  8. OverRanked
Nokys
Can you still change team names? It's possible on the website but idk if allowed that's why I'm asking
Topic Starter
jms8720

Anti- wrote:

Can you still change team names? It's possible on the website but idk if allowed that's why I'm asking
Sure! It'd be nice if you can shoot me a pm with your old and new team names, just so I can keep track of things :)
EmeraldStar82

What is this FreeMod pick you speak of? :o
Topic Starter
jms8720
LOL will have that fixed soon (the actual mappool on the site has the FreeMod picks listed, so that's good)
felys
yay we're in (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
show more