forum

Anime of the Year 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
EneT
Eh, nothing deserves any merit so I'm not going to bother voting.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Sorry for the long wait between updates, the chart is now updated. For the most part, OPM fans came....
Navizel
lame
EneT
I'd rather have Jojo at the top. Or maybe that's just me being too hyped up for the 4th arc of Jojo; Diamond is unbreakable.
R e n g e
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
Green Platinum
It's like osu map of 2014 all over again.

It be nice next time to also submit what each person's sample size each person had watched alongside what they rate. I would bet those who rate Jojo highly are watching plenty more anime in the year than those who rate OPM highly.

Also getting what percentage of viewership rates X show high enough to vote for it.
Navizel
We don't even have to go outside of Otaku Culture for reference. We already have one here. In the end, it all comes down to whichever show is popular and usually polls represent popularity instead of quality. This is why sometimes I prefer an individual's opinion rather than a group.
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

We don't even have to go outside of Otaku Culture for reference. We already have one here. In the end, it all comes down to whichever show is popular and usually polls represent popularity instead of quality. This is why sometimes I prefer an individual's opinion rather than a group.
It's funny how attitudes have changed about SAO and AOT. Now hating on them is like a badge of honour.

It'd still be interesting to get some more interesting data from these surveys. Best seiyuu is stupid though.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I guess for spring season, I'll start collecting how many series did they watch that season. Besides that, not exactly sure how to make the survey more interesting. Since this is the osu! forum, I want to add music again, but need help for that (see below). I removed username because that can be faked/trolled with (I know that you can make a bunch of accounts to drag up a series, but at least it won't tarnish someone's name if faked). Plus I believe these polls should be anonymous. I'm willing to also ask other things based on a season provided you can give me a list of all possible results.

About 2013, it was my first time trying to do the yearly stuff, so it was a mess.

Anyone know if there is a database/list of all opening, ending, and insert songs of a season (or at least a partial database). I would add them, but I couldn't find a place to easily poll the information.
piruchan
Come on, how come Bikini Warriors is not up there?

Tfw no vote for Digimon movie.
Prisma-Illya
I really enjoyed Charlotte. My personal favourite Anime. :D
Green Platinum
Remember to mark sarcastic comments with /s @Piruchan and @iDesiqn. With those avatars someone might think you are being serious.
Hidden-

Green Platinum wrote:

Remember to mark sarcastic comments with /s @Piruchan and @iDesiqn. With those avatars someone might think you are being serious.
Oh damn, with that comment you reminded me I never though about my avatar, like I did the collab because I liked the people in it, I think, I should put in my signature somewhere:
Don't let appearance deceived you
Navizel

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I guess for spring season, I'll start collecting how many series did they watch that season. Besides that, not exactly sure how to make the survey more interesting. Since this is the osu! forum, I want to add music again, but need help for that (see below). I removed username because that can be faked/trolled with (I know that you can make a bunch of accounts to drag up a series, but at least it won't tarnish someone's name if faked). Plus I believe these polls should be anonymous. I'm willing to also ask other things based on a season provided you can give me a list of all possible results.

About 2013, it was my first time trying to do the yearly stuff, so it was a mess.

Anyone know if there is a database/list of all opening, ending, and insert songs of a season (or at least a partial database). I would add them, but I couldn't find a place to easily poll the information.
MyAnimeList. Maybe AniDB too.
Green Platinum
I don't think Bliss wants to spend the time going to each MAL page though.
-Niflheim-
One punch man.
Green Platinum

HiddeNation wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Oh damn, with that comment you reminded me I never though about my avatar, like I did the collab because I liked the people in it, I think, I should put in my signature somewhere:
Don't let appearance deceived you
That's pretty low. I don't even think it deserves a 1
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Navizel wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

MyAnimeList. Maybe AniDB too.
As Green Platinum said, I only want a single list. I don't want to spend the effort to create a crawler to find all MAL pages related to that season and extract the opening and endings.
TheOtaku394
For Best Anime, voted Tokyo Ghoul Root A, even though it differed from the manga dramatically, it still had some sort of storyline going for it, and it still was very good. Second Best, voted Gintama, liked the series, I think it's alright, and as for the movie... I had to vote Boruto. It was funny, good work for the producers, story was clear and it laid out the basics for the upcoming Boruto monthly manga.
EneT

TheOtaku394 wrote:

For Best Anime, voted Tokyo Ghoul Root A, even though it differed from the manga dramatically, it still had some sort of storyline going for it, and it still was very good. Second Best, voted Gintama, liked the series, I think it's alright, and as for the movie... I had to vote Boruto. It was funny, good work for the producers, story was clear and it laid out the basics for the upcoming Boruto monthly manga.
1st... wut.
2nd... If it's just 'alright' then how would it be second best?
Ochinchi-sama
Because its normal to watch only 2 animes a year
Green Platinum
Remember you only need to watch 1 anime to be an informed voter for AOTY
Hidden-

Green Platinum wrote:

Remember you only need to watch 1 anime to be an informed voter for AOTY
LOL !!!
DakeDekaane
I'm surprised there's no moeblob in the top ranks besides Gakkou Gurashi.

Given most people has no long term memory, Not surprised at all for One Punch Man leading. Can't be blamed due animation quality and concept.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

DakeDekaane wrote:

I'm surprised there's no moeblob in the top ranks besides Gakkou Gurashi.

Given most people has no long term memory, Not surprised at all for One Punch Man leading. Can't be blamed due animation quality and concept.
Well remember, this is an international crowd and not the crowd that would actually buy the stuff. However, on that same note, OPM v1 and Gochuumon s2 v1 started selling last week, and with sales numbers now out, Gochuumon s2 (12510 copies) is currently outselling OPM (8887 copies).
(Copied from http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1466832&show=0)
Intone
I'm really surprised Shokugeki no Soma didn't make the list! Sure it might be a little too "harem" and all the "food jargon" and repeated food critic reactions gets a little boring, but I feel it was good enough to at least make the list!
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I updated the op. Unless there is a large influx of new votes, I won't be updating this thread anymore.

As for a summary, please see below.

Seasonal Series:
Your osu! 2015 AOTY: One Punch Man (with an amazing score of 37)
2nd place: JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders - Egypt-hen (with a much further lower score of 14)
3rd place: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season (with a score of 12)

Movies:
1st: Love Live! The School Idol Movie (with a score of 7)
2nd: Little Witch Academia: Mahou Shikake no Parade (with a score of 6)
3rd: Kyoukai no Kanata Movie: I'll Be Here - Mirai-hen (with a score of 5)

Comments:
I honestly felt I ran this poorly. I really wanted to see more engagement from the community, and I blame myself for not helping toward this front. I'm still thinking through for ways to make the information more useful/ more interesting to look at. If you have any suggestions on this front, feel free to say so. Beyond that, I thank everyone for participating and hope you enjoy this upcoming year.
Ruth
One punch man Bro <3
Otoshiyami
Where is Yahari ore wa no seishun ss2 :((, it was the best anime in my opinion in this year. :D :D :D
Williemeister
None of them since Nanatsu no taizai is not here
Tbh
Awh, I thought Plastic Memories was alright :( :(
Danidesu
Charlotte 4evah <3
N0thingSpecial
"best" of 2015

HA
ha

ha

ha

I'm gonna cry in the corner now
Kyozoru
I'll try this one up on this list
zubirig
Noragami Aragoto in 1st pleace and Fate stay night in 2nd In my opinion. I think One punch man is good, but not to be the n1 anime of the year, not even the 3rd to be honest idk why many people love it so much. Anyways, Noragami was the best of the year and its far from fate stay night that i consider it the 2nd
Ambient
Oh it would have to be "School Days" 100% without a doubt. Every year. Without fail.
deadbeat
i think this can be unstickied now
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

deadbeat wrote:

i think this can be unstickied now
Please do