forum

osu!mania 7K World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Halogen-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Loctav has mentioned this on stream, but I'm a bit upset about this as well, so I will speak up.
Guys, I'm hyped even more than you are and I love seeing your reactions to the mappools,but you're giving me way too much credit. You are forgetting that I am not working on this alone. Big credits to Starry for all the work on the mappools so far, it's been absolute joy working with him and I'm looking forward to making mappools for semifinals, finals and hopefully future mania tournaments. He is the one that has organized our workplace all by himself, he's doing most of the map testing, even despite being busy IRL he's working his ass off if needed. So please, don't mention me all the time, show some love for my man Starry!
Loctav talked to me about this, and I apologized profusely for it, because I most definitely am responsible for this. I also sent Starry- a message immediately after Loctav talked to me about things, because I felt horrible about it. He deserves a lot more credit than I gave him and it absolutely shouldn't have been said that way. You guys are doing a tremendous job with picking a great variety of maps, and I very sincerely hope to see this kind of incredible variety in the 4K world cup.

Keep up the awesome work.
Topic Starter
Loctav
The wiki has been updated with all information! Check it out!
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
lenpai
cirnorhtl on semis

i love you guys
Topic Starter
Loctav
oh I didnt post here. Wiki is updated!
Jinjin
Am I the only person who doesn't want to see Maniera in the finals mappool :p
I'd rather see some of my other non-well known maps included in the mappool :D

Anyway huge props to the map selectors for such awesome and diverse mappools throughout the tourney.
Will be pretty exciting to see what kinds of maps starry and kami have for the players for the finals o/
Rori Vidi Veni
projectc1
^ support thanatos and joker cuz why not
Jinjin
You gotta remember that 7 simultaneous presses can't be put in the mwc mappool. And that eliminates like 85% of all o2jam style maps / LN maps / ET bms style maps

rip
Rori Vidi Veni
Kamikaze

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

That's kind of a bummer. My old bargain bin no-brand rubberdome can press up to nine keys at once(ASDFSpaceJKL:), but I understand that we gotta think about people who spent hundreds of dollars on gaymur keyboards like Razers, Madcatz' and so on.
Nobody cares what keyboard do you have and how well it does.
There are pepole who CAN'T press 7 keys at once (mostly pepole using laptops which don't have ps/2 ports) and we cannot put them at disadvantage because someone decided to put one note too many at the same time.
Also you're constantly spitting in our eyes with your posts ever since day 1 of this thread, throwing mockery left and right. Do us a favour and shut up.
Rori Vidi Veni
Kamikaze
whatever
Topic Starter
Loctav
Well I have a mechanical keyboard and still can't press 7 keys at once. Just saying. This applies to most USB keyboards tho, which is today's standard. If you still use ps/2 keyboards, you must have a reaaaaaally old keyboard.
The bingo has tons of elements that will never be part whatsoever. (Such as converts, aka stolen beatmaps)

Anyways, nice attempt, just lacks a bit of insight of stuff gets handled here :D
Rori Vidi Veni
Kamikaze
99% of o2jam and BMS converts are stolen though.
BilliumMoto
this dude is a crapposting god
zomgitsme
just fyi on a 6kro usb keyboard you can probably hit 7 or 8 keys if you're willing to change your layout to include modifier keys like shift
i use lshift for 7k and both shifts for 8k
deadbeat
Kamikaze
I approve of this!
LightDreamer
My keyboard is probably the most basic gaming keyboard you'll ever find. It's clear switches (not that loud, but louder than brown and a little bit rough to press) and it has only one "windows" key.........on the right. The spacebar makes strange squeak sounds and the thing takes a lot of space on my desk......

But you can press 26 keys at once.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtreme-Gaming-W ... 1303314965

Tell me now. Why is your priceless rainbow keyboard not able to go up to 7 keys at once? Oh, that's right, you paid for the brand, and those switches you believe so useful. I'm very sorry to hear that you spent all your money and can't buy supporter now. (or better internet)

dfzxtgr vbc <=sweet, I pressed all that at once!

P.S. The purpose of this is not to be mean or anything. I'm just adding a point for cheap beauties. And I'm having fun writing shit like the yandere I am, defending her precious keyboard.
Hydria

LightDreamer wrote:

Some mean words

P.S. The purpose of this is not to be mean or anything.
Ok.
_underjoy

LightDreamer wrote:

My keyboard is probably the most basic gaming keyboard you'll ever find. It's clear switches (not that loud, but louder than brown and a little bit rough to press) and it has only one "windows" key.........on the right. The spacebar makes strange squeak sounds and the thing takes a lot of space on my desk......

But you can press 26 keys at once.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtreme-Gaming-W ... 1303314965

Tell me now. Why is your priceless rainbow keyboard not able to go up to 7 keys at once? Oh, that's right, you paid for the brand, and those switches you believe so useful. I'm very sorry to hear that you spent all your money and can't buy supporter now. (or better internet)

dfzxtgr vbc <=sweet, I pressed all that at once!

P.S. The purpose of this is not to be mean or anything. I'm just adding a point for cheap beauties. And I'm having fun writing shit like the yandere I am, defending her precious keyboard.
If you didn't know, cheaper gaming keyboards have the 6kro limit when they are connected via USB. They have nkro when connected with PS/2. Of course some more expensive gaming keyboards can nkro with USB, and some keyboards have 6kro even with PS/2.

Your post is just really ignorant, and you seem to not understand how important connection is.
Evening
Rori Vidi Veni
Topic Starter
Loctav
What is your guys point? Everyone is supposed to be able to play all maps with every keyboard.
Please get out.
LightDreamer
They are saying USB can't go over 6 keys. My keyboard is USB and go over 6 keys..... He goes 20 key higher

If I use
Rshift Z X C spacebar V B N M
I can play 9k and press all 9 at the same time. But I don't play 9k and this setup would be unconfortable as hell
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki has been updated
Halogen-

LightDreamer wrote:

They are saying USB can't go over 6 keys. My keyboard is USB and go over 6 keys..... He goes 20 key higher

If I use
Rshift Z X C spacebar V B N M
I can play 9k and press all 9 at the same time. But I don't play 9k and this setup would be unconfortable as hell
how about

Loctav wrote:

What is your guys point? Everyone is supposed to be able to play all maps with every keyboard.
Please get out.
ggsnipess
Team Malaysia messing up my predictions

Pls win mwc so entire prediction is wrong
787B
Go South Korea!
So I can get that extended banner
projectc1

peroperoplayer wrote:

Team Malaysia messing up my predictions

Pls win mwc so entire prediction is wrong
+ good bracket.

but yeah, i hope someone stop jakads for being too OP damn
ggsnipess

projectc1 wrote:

+ good bracket.

but yeah, i hope someone stop jakads for being too OP damn
bracket was brilliant for them, jakads must be stopped, his robot powers too strong, we need to load sern firmware soon
Nwolf
Just Hold On and Kamisama never picked or banned, rip 0.0
Kamikaze
Weave got picked so I'm satisfied
ggsnipess
Based Cryolien picking weave
Jinjin
Looking at the performances of China and Korea for the finals mappool, it's going to be a really close one (there are maps where China has the advantage and there are maps where Korea has the advantage)
It really can go either way at this point
-HERO-LSR-
(-_-)
zhuodonglaihaha
As a Chinese ,I think if the finals mappool looks like o2 style ,China will win MWC2016 7K :)

But now,this Korean team can win also.

(If they have jhlee & windys,they never can be defeated)

The grand finals will be amazing~
Worms
I AM
FUCKING
HYPED
FOR THE
GRAND
FUCKING
FINALE
show more