forum

osu!mania 7K World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kamikaze
You probably know too little about the case, judging from what you've said. I'm just going to say that it got blown out of proportion and resulted in nasty personal attacks. Don't dig that case up, it's not going to do any good.
kang

TrueLucifer

Shoegazer wrote:

TrueLucifer wrote:

Jhlee not playing? Unfollowing osu! live.
I don't think you should really be watching MWC to begin with if you sternly believe that one player is that much better to watch; considering that the MWC is supposed to be a team event anyway. People really shouldn't cheer on specific players (you can, but it shouldn't be your main focus), you should be cheering for the team holistically. Focusing on one player just gives you ideas of blaming other players if the team loses, which is antagonistic, condescending and flat out stupid.

Korea's team is still decent, despite a very good amount of players in that country being barred from the tournament.
It's just that jhlee is my favourite player ;;

Edit: Windy or Gyp aren't playing either ;-;
stupud man

TrueLucifer wrote:

It's just that jhlee is my favourite player ;;
dude same :((( why cant jhlee just play >.>>>> im so sad rn smdh
EtienneXC
Yeah, not many people know the whole shenanigans with that, aside from Retain's teen-girl drama posts that he has nothing better to do to make, lmao. So instead of derailing this thread, I think you guys should talk about something else that has to do with the tournament.
KD1995
why is jhlee banned???????? If it's because of that message on reddit, thats really stupid.
kang

Soul Evans
I call that a bold statement. It's not like you have to face 100 Koreans, you only face 6. And even if they might be quite predominant in this game mode, it does not mean they ultimatively will win. (see OWC and MWC4K)

Playing in a tournament is by far different than playing single player. Also jhlee can hardly defeat entire teams alone.[/quote]
umm the reason why they won is because MWC4k has some of the best stepmania players and they don't play 7k so thats why southkorea will win because they are the elite in 7k
zhuodonglaihaha

EtienneXC wrote:

Yeah, not many people know the whole shenanigans with that, aside from Retain's teen-girl drama posts that he has nothing better to do to make, lmao. So instead of derailing this thread, I think you guys should talk about something else that has to do with the tournament.
e...

e......

e.........
M a h o u
This is why I hate this community (sometimes). It's so scary that some fan bases idolize a player so much to the point where they want to shift the blame on the staff for the reason why they aren't participating. I don't care how good you are - nobody should be exempt from any rule (I'm not claiming jhlee did something, but I have a strong idea). If you fuck up, you fucked up. Needless to say, ever since I joined this community, all I ever see is drama. Maybe if the people who crave drama gossiped less about dumb shit, they would actually be better at the game themselves.
Kamikaze
First match on stream and Funwari got banned
Y U DO DIZ AUSSIES? : ((((((((
Kephin

-Kamikaze- wrote:

First match on stream and Funwari got banned
Y U DO DIZ AUSSIES? : ((((((((
and also kakuranger huehue
Nwolf
projectc1
inb4 our team hate kakurenger so much that it wont happen on stream at all lel (twice)
spoonguy

projectc1 wrote:

hate kakurenger
you monsters
Kamikaze
France vs Germany best match by far holy shit
Halogen-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

France vs Germany best match by far holy shit
^^^^^^^

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Amerom
why jhleoo isn't participating in this championship? =/

zhuodonglaihaha

andreymc wrote:

why jhleoo isn't participating in this championship? =/

he is banned ,do not allow join this chanmpionship..for some reason..

though i think it's unfair..but..
Kamikaze
I'm proud of Poland taking 2 points off Taiwan, great match!
Hudonom ET
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Kamikaze

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

also Tokyo Funka more like Tokyo Never Ranka w
TRIGGERED
also love me some SVs :D
spoonguy
best mappool imo tbh fam mfw
projectc1
dat tokio funka, can i did throw match like before so we can have TB ? HEHEHEHEHE *slapped

also confirmed indonesia vs italy is probably worst match so far cuz me being drunk
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki has been updated.

Currently can't add past match results to it. Use the following links for the time being:

1. Match Results: Group Stage
  2. Group Stage Statistics
Knock out bracket is in creation. I'll add this as soon as possible (ETA: tomorrow)
lenpai
Ty for yummy mappool
JamesHappy
oh my
DeletedUser_259972
um.
spoonguy
breckat when
Topic Starter
Loctav
Bracket is on the wiki now
chikitani
Gaaah. Who to support ;-; US because I'm a 'murican or Korea because I'm ethnically Korean. asdfasdf
ggsnipess
support USA cause iJinjin is also korean \o/
chikitani

peroperoplayer wrote:

support USA cause iJinjin is also korean \o/
JinJin is ♥ so I guess I will \o/
Kamikaze
Shoutouts to Hudonom for being the only player to FC every map in South Korea vs Poland match
Topic Starter
Loctav
MWC 7K 2016 Team Support banners are now available on the osu!store

http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/70
Rori Vidi Veni
Kamikaze
Loctav has mentioned this on stream, but I'm a bit upset about this as well, so I will speak up.
Guys, I'm hyped even more than you are and I love seeing your reactions to the mappools,but you're giving me way too much credit. You are forgetting that I am not working on this alone. Big credits to Starry for all the work on the mappools so far, it's been absolute joy working with him and I'm looking forward to making mappools for semifinals, finals and hopefully future mania tournaments. He is the one that has organized our workplace all by himself, he's doing most of the map testing, even despite being busy IRL he's working his ass off if needed. So please, don't mention me all the time, show some love for my man Starry!
Halogen-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Loctav has mentioned this on stream, but I'm a bit upset about this as well, so I will speak up.
Guys, I'm hyped even more than you are and I love seeing your reactions to the mappools,but you're giving me way too much credit. You are forgetting that I am not working on this alone. Big credits to Starry for all the work on the mappools so far, it's been absolute joy working with him and I'm looking forward to making mappools for semifinals, finals and hopefully future mania tournaments. He is the one that has organized our workplace all by himself, he's doing most of the map testing, even despite being busy IRL he's working his ass off if needed. So please, don't mention me all the time, show some love for my man Starry!
Loctav talked to me about this, and I apologized profusely for it, because I most definitely am responsible for this. I also sent Starry- a message immediately after Loctav talked to me about things, because I felt horrible about it. He deserves a lot more credit than I gave him and it absolutely shouldn't have been said that way. You guys are doing a tremendous job with picking a great variety of maps, and I very sincerely hope to see this kind of incredible variety in the 4K world cup.

Keep up the awesome work.
Topic Starter
Loctav
The wiki has been updated with all information! Check it out!
Rori Vidi Veni
show more