forum

Which mechanical keyboard would you recommend?

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaTha
Corsair K70 with Switches that you prevor
Endie-

IppE wrote:

The cheapest one you can get with Cherry MX switches.

The switches are what matter, anything else is a meme.
You get supreme build quality with the K70...
A Medic
Any kind of "Cherry MX" switch.

Stay away from razor products.

Stay away from kailh switches.

Basically stay away from anything that isn't a cherry mx switch
IppE

erikG wrote:

Does not matter unless you go hitting people with your keyboard. As long as it isn't made of rattleplastic by the cheapest subcontractor (see blackwidow) it's going to last.

A Medic wrote:

It's Razer, not Razor.
A Medic

IppE wrote:

erikG wrote:

Does not matter unless you go hitting people with your keyboard. As long as it isn't made of rattleplastic by the cheapest subcontractor (see blackwidow) it's going to last.

A Medic wrote:

It's Razer, not Razor.

Soz bby, my phone auto-corrected to razor.
Topic Starter
Matutetute
Thanks for the answers everyone. The K70 looks nice, but I can't afford it. How does this look? :http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-585003723-teclado-mecanico-sentey-ghost-gamer-mx-black-valija-gho5t-_JM

It should be good to go because it is not Razer, right? Thanks un avance.
Vuelo Eluko
for $1,780 i guess you can't go wrong.
only $ 69.99 shipping too

or did argentina steal our currency symbol
TakuMii

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

a lot of Latin American countries use the dollar sign to indicate pesos fyi

On topic though: $1780 ARS is about $184 USD, jesus your electronics are expensive over there. But yeah, that keyboard doesn't seem too bad (although I'd advise you to read up on the different types of Cherry MX switches to get a better idea of what you want, rather than just blindly going for MX Blacks)
Topic Starter
Matutetute

YayMii wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

a lot of Latin American countries uses the dollar sign to indicate pesos fyi

On topic though: $1780 ARS is about $184 USD, jesus your electronics are expensive over there. But yeah, that keyboard doesn't seem too bad (although I'd advise you to read up on the different types of Cherry MX switches to get a better idea of what you want, rather than just blindly going for MX Blacks)

Well, actually, 184 USD would be 2392 AR$, because we are forbidden to exchange USD, and when we buy something online through credit card, we are charged 13 AR$ per dollar. And yes, everything here is very expensive, specially imported products.

Anyways, MX Blacks are the cheapest I could find, Reds and Blues cost from $2400 ARS and up.
Vuelo Eluko
Black switches are very good, you should get them.
both I and my idol started with reds but then went to blacks and found them better
IppE

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

both I and my idol started with reds but then went to blacks and found them better
[subjective opinion]
Vuelo Eluko
that's not an opinion technically, it's a thing that happened.
Nabel_old_1
I would recommend the corsair k70 rgb with reds. I also use a steelseries 6gv2 with blacks but the keys seem less durable (I managed to break 4 keys in 3 years and they don`t want to send me replacement keys :( )

I tend to have slightly higher acc when I play with blacks but for faster maps or maps that require alot of singletaps I prefer to play with reds.
Topic Starter
Matutetute

xinfuzionx wrote:

I would recommend the corsair k70 rgb with reds. I also use a steelseries 6gv2 with blacks but the keys seem less durable (I managed to break 4 keys in 3 years and they don`t want to send me replacement keys :( )

I tend to have slightly higher acc when I play with blacks but for faster maps or maps that require alot of singletaps I prefer to play with reds.

Thanks! I was thinking about the 6gv2, but is it really less durable? I've read a lot of reviews and all say the opposite :o
Nabel_old_1

Matutetute wrote:

Thanks! I was thinking about the 6gv2, but is it really less durable? I've read a lot of reviews and all say the opposite :o

I only have my corsair k70 for about a year now so I can`t really compare yet but the 6gv2 is the first keyboard I managed to break keys on. It`s not that big of an issue since i just swapped the broken keys for useless keys somewhere else on my keyboard. http://puu.sh/lGDYk/07a59411c5.jpg Don`t know if you can see it on this picture(build in webcam has shit quality) but this is what happened with the 4 keycaps I broke. But overall the 6gv2 is a solid keyboard.

edit: so only the plastic keycaps broke the switches are still fine.
Topic Starter
Matutetute

xinfuzionx wrote:

Matutetute wrote:

I only have my corsair k70 for about a year now so I can`t really compare yet but the 6gv2 is the first keyboard I managed to break keys on. It`s not that big of an issue since i just swapped the broken keys for useless keys somewhere else on my keyboard. http://puu.sh/lGDYk/07a59411c5.jpg Don`t know if you can see it on this picture(build in webcam has shit quality) but this is what happened with the 4 keycaps I broke. But overall the 6gv2 is a solid keyboard.

edit: so only the plastic keycaps broke the switches are still fine.
I see. Thanks a lot!
Daxxor
Recently got the Ducky Shine 3 dk9008 with red switches. I can 100% recommend these. I got them for 100 euros on a sale. It even has quite a few pre-defined lighting effects on the keyboard. :3
mokyu
󠀡
Myxo
t/240983

If you're looking for a new mouse/tablet/keyboard, check Gameplay & Ranking
ZenithPhantasm
CM Storm Quickfire TK.
BlackMidKnight
Razer
*runs*
ZenithPhantasm

BlackMidKnight wrote:

Razer
*runs*
After him boys!
*Hands out pitchforks to everyone*
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

BlackMidKnight wrote:

Razer
*runs*
After him boys!
*Hands out pitchforks to everyone*
you can run but you can't hide forever
on topic: CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate is the only keyboard
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

you can run but you can't hide forever
on topic: CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate is the only keyboard
Numpads are stupid. Wasting space that I could use for my gigantic mousepad
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

i can't live w/o numpad, get a bigger disk kappa
Riri
I would recommend the Deck Hassium keyboard but that will probably get too expensive. But if you can afford i would really recommend it, not some Corsair ABS plastic shit. Go for some actual keyboards that people don't buy for some fancy lighting effects. Deck Hassium, all leopold keyboards and Filco Majestouch. Stay away from all the major keyboard stuff.
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

i can't live w/o numpad, get a bigger disk kappa
Bigger desk wont save me from having to put my arm in an awkward position.
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

you can always get used to it :cry:
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

you can always get used to it :cry:
No because any twist causes shooting pains up my arms.
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

loli-armed ppl
The Gambler
Vortex Pok3r, KBP-60 or Ducky Mini. In terms of ergonomics the keyboard layout is perfect.

Or you could always build your own 4-button model that is much smaller and ergonomic to use.
A1R

erikG wrote:

I have the K70 RGB with red switches
couldn't be happier
amen
TakuMii
I don't like built-in numpads... They take up too much unnecessary space between the keyboard and the mouse. Having a TKL (or even a 60%) with a standalone numpad would be the best of both worlds, but I'm stuck using this huge-ass CM Storm Trigger for the time being.

G410 Atlas Spectrum where
Infevo
If you want to play with the least amount of input lag buy Cherry MX Board 6.0 (only in red switch version available) or an infrared keyboard from Bloody like the B740A.

Best LED lighting comes from Razer in their Blackwidow Chroma which is a piece of garbage in every other technical aspect.

For Corsair fanboyism get a K95 or Strafe RGB.

For CM fanboyism get a Quick Fire XTi (best build quality and lighting of all CM keyboards).

Some people like the Romer-G switches from logitech. I particularly dislike the keycaps of the G910 and the reduced actuation distance is a joke considering debouncing still has to be taken care of digitally. one might argue the debounce is shorter with a smaller actuation distance (can't tell if logitech incorporated this logic into their algorithm).

If you just want a proper, yet cheap, mech keyboard with cherry mx switches and don't care about anything other than the mechanical aspect then just buy a mx board 3.0 with desired switch colour.

There are many other brands but at the end of the day all what matters is the switch first.
ZenithPhantasm

Infevo wrote:

If you want to play with the least amount of input lag buy Cherry MX Board 6.0 (only in red switch version available) or an infrared keyboard from Bloody like the B740A.
Some people like the Romer-G switches from logitech. I particularly dislike the keycaps of the G910 and the reduced actuation distance is a joke considering debouncing still has to be taken care of digitally. one might argue the debounce is shorter with a smaller actuation distance (can't tell if logitech incorporated this logic into their algorithm).
Romer G is higher quality than Cherry MX lol. Their contacts are less prone to chatter (they still chatter but not as much)
Also Bloody's kb>Cherry MX board 6.0
Faster is faster
TakuMii

Infevo wrote:

The G410 comes with more standard cylindrical keycaps, and Logitech sells cylindrical keycaps as a separate set for the G910 as well, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue (although $40 for what should've came standard is a bit unnecessary IMO).

And from what I've seen (particularly Bloody's latency tests comparing their optical keyswitch with competitors...which they seemed to have removed from their website for some reason), the Romer-Gs are quite a bit more responsive than keyboards with more traditional Cherry switches. I'm assuming that Logitech must be doing something differently to achieve this low latency. Plus they're the only mechanical switch out there that uses 2 actuation contact points as a sort of failsafe mechanism, making them rated to last longer than the competition.

The only real downside that I can see to Romer-Gs is how they feel, and even that is subjective (I often hear them compared to MX Browns with O-rings, but I've preferred that setup for years, so I don't think I'd have a problem). Not to mention the price, as it also tends to be more expensive than comparable MX keyboards.
ZenithPhantasm
Bloody>All
Fastest switch
Low travel distance
Lighter than MX Reds
Higher durability than MX switches
Wont die when you spill shit on the kb
TakuMii
honestly I would've bought a bloody b120 months ago since they're not too expensive
but I despise linear switches so
yeah
tactile LK switches where
Infevo

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Also Bloody's kb>Cherry MX board 6.0
Faster is faster
Not even the difference of 20ms+ between the 6.0 and conventional digitally processed keyboards is noticed by most users. So even if bloody's infrareds are some split ms faster it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. build quality of cherry 6.0 is at least ten times better than any bloody plastic toy.
TakuMii
^key phrase is "most users"
I, for one, can definitely even feel the difference when changing my keyboard's polling rate, so 20ms+ would definitely make a noticeable difference. That being said, I doubt something like 0.5ms would be noticeable, so if I had the money, I'd rather go for Omron's switches than those of some cheap brand.
show more