forum

Live Leaderboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Vectorial
It's a small feature I've been thinking to today, why not put a real-time updated leaderboard?
Simple example : someone is playing an x qualified/ranked song.
If the player got in the Top 50 Global scores while playing, you can see him increasing his score & climbing up the leaderboards, and if someone wants to watch him, clicking on his name will automatically make the player spectate him.
If the guy who's playing fails, his tag fades out and goes away from the leaderboard.
It's not a so-important feature but, real time updated leaderboards could be cool >_>
Bara-
Wouldn't this cause huge server-loads and possible cause lag, due to multiple different things happening at the same time?
MBomb
[quote="Baraatje123"]Wouldn't this cause huge server-loads and possible cause lag, due to multiple different things happening at the same time?[/quote

Whilst this idea is really cool in theory, it would cause a lot of issues, such as what bara mentioned, and also I imagine would be very difficult to implement.
abraker
I dont think this is any different than the Oct 29 update making the performance graph update realtime. This should be feasable.

Also, my dupe senses are tingling
Topic Starter
Vectorial

abraker wrote:

I dont think this is any different than the Oct 29 update making the performance graph update realtime. This should be feasable.

Also, my dupe senses are tingling
Maybe I didn't explain myself at all.
And also, my bad for saying "real time" making people think it's nothing new.

I mean, LIVE leaderboards.
Then, reread and maybe you'll get it :T
Topic Starter
Vectorial

Baraatje123 wrote:

Wouldn't this cause huge server-loads and possible cause lag, due to multiple different things happening at the same time?
And that's a fact I've been thinking to before writing this post, but, let's say this, how many people can get to top 50 global scores at the same time?
Bauxe
It would only really be noticeable on qualified or newly ranked maps. Not really worthwhile imo.
Topic Starter
Vectorial

Bauxe wrote:

It would only really be noticeable on qualified or newly ranked maps. Not really worthwhile imo.
small feature
It's not a really big thing.
I think I said this in my post.
Bauxe
You did, I just said I don't think it's worthwhile. I feel there are better things that could be implemented.
Orion

Bauxe wrote:

^
Most of the time on ranked maps the top 50 ranks are pretty solid to the point that 1x 100 can make or break you getting a top 50 score. So with that in mind you would only see this in effect extremely rarely. This request would take a lot of time to code out, could cause server problems, and there's not a lot of benefit. It doesn't seem worthwhile
PyaKura

Vayttoh wrote:

And that's a fact I've been thinking to before writing this post, but, let's say this, how many people can get to top 50 global scores at the same time?
Qualified and newly ranked maps' scoreboards are quite a rollercoaster.
abraker

Baraatje123 wrote:

Now that I get what you mean, this is a somewhat trivial thing to do. How I imagine it, you would need to be able to stream ALL of the 5000+ or so scores as players are playing in realtime to the server, process them and update any leaderboards at least 1 time a second. It looks it's feasable even now, but I'm not sure how much resources processing 5,000+ things as second would take from existing things, and not sure if it's worth it. I don't reject this request, I just think it's better to come back to this in several years when peppy has enough resources to display every stat live.

Or let peppy just tell us how feasable this is
Topic Starter
Vectorial

Orion wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

^
Most of the time on ranked maps the top 50 ranks are pretty solid to the point that 1x 100 can make or break you getting a top 50 score. So with that in mind you would only see this in effect extremely rarely. This request would take a lot of time to code out, could cause server problems, and there's not a lot of benefit. It doesn't seem worthwhile
Got this :/