forum

Need help with this DPI thing.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nightstar_old_1
So i was reading around and apparently 800 or 1000 dpi is the optimal setting for playing. Is this true because i tried 1000 dpi and i find it kind of slow but i do get a better accuracy with it. Also if i have 1000 dpi how much should my osu sensitivity be at?
Kyonko Hizara
Gameplay & Rankings could probably help you with your mouse
Fifty
You should keep your mouse DPI at it's maximum, and lower in game sensitivity to preference. The reasoning behind this is that increasing sensitivity in-game results in less accurate movements. Think of it this way, increasing the size of an image in Photoshop reduces the quality, so instead you use a higher MP camera and reduce the image size to preference.
Endie-

Fifty wrote:

You should keep your mouse DPI at it's maximum, and lower in game sensitivity to preference. The reasoning behind this is that increasing sensitivity in-game results in less accurate movements. Think of it this way, increasing the size of an image in Photoshop reduces the quality, so instead you use a higher MP camera and reduce the image size to preference.
I wouldn't count on that. . Keep your windows mouse setting t 6/11 and osu! to 1x. Change your dpi settings and go for what feels most natural to you. I would recommend a lower sensitivity.
FrzR
I agree on erikG. As for me, I recommend starting with 800 dpi, and tweak accordingly if either the cursor feels too fast or too slow. I am currently using 400dpi on 1366x768 which is my preferred settings. :)
ZenithPhantasm
Raising dpi to a maximum is a stupid idea as most sensors do not perform optimally at such a high dpi.
I suggest you read this: http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-mouse-myths-busted/
This article discredit every lie that mouse manufacturer use to take your money and sell you inferior products.
Sey
A lower sensitivity feels better to me, I have 750dpi. Personally I experienced the opposite with maximum dpi; at least in osu: I had barely control over my mouse in general. Try to find your personal best setting. Any new setting will feel different at the beginning, but whatever feels the most comfortable to you, just go with that. Then play as long as you get used to the new feel of your mouse.
dung eater
0.5 to 1.5 times your vertical osu res is pretty good dpi at 1x sensitivity multipliers
uberpancake
Keep your sens at 1x and set your dpi between 400 and 1800, assuning you don't use a 4k sxreen
dung eater

uberpancake wrote:

Keep your sens at 1x and set your dpi between 400 and 1800, assuning you don't use a 4k sxreen
There's the lower end of resolutions, too. You can easily go below 400 dpi if you use a low res.
ZenithPhantasm
50 deepeeeye masterrace
Nadfee
0.7x and 1800 dpi
1800 x 0.7 = 1260 DPI
1920x1080 Fuillscreen

I find my movements very smooth. I use palm grip.
I think that raw DPI around 1000-1500 is acceptable for proper gameplay if you consider long jumps in mind.

But hey, I'm used to 1800dpi on desktop and have been using this mouse for 2 years. People have their sweet spots ^w^
Dre-
I would try to go for the lowest DPI your mouse allows lower the dpi = more accuracy but harder to move. currently I use 1000 DPI 6/11 windows and fullscreen 1x ingame sense I would keep everything the same besides DPI try to keep that under 1k but its complete preference. Also taking massive leaps from a higher dpi to a lower DPI will make the lower dpi feel slow as hell its completely natural just keep playing with that DPI you will get used to it overtime.
uberpancake

jaaakb wrote:

uberpancake wrote:

There's the lower end of resolutions, too. You can easily go below 400 dpi if you use a low res.
Well at that point, won't your cursor accuracy start suffering quite a bit?
dung eater

uberpancake wrote:

Even at 400*300, your circles are several pixels wide (cs 10 included). If your mouse works fine, you should have no problem moving your cursor pixel perfectly at any resolution/dpi (if you move it slow enough, anyone should be capable). Missing will happen because you lack the ability to aim properly, like at other resolutions.

I'm talking about playing on a low resolution, large enough screen area for you to play comfortably. You can achieve this by stretching on a lcd screen or natively on a crt. Very small window size will obviously make it harder to see properly.
ZenithPhantasm

uberpancake wrote:

jaaakb wrote:

No. It merely feels more "rigid" as there's less granularity.