Wow, you misunderstood like half of my points, #languagebarrierisstrong if you're can speak my lang i'll tell you everything you want from this map, sorry for my noob english readingi fix some points there, so i think my map is clear right now
Oh, thanks for calling me a shitbrick, and also thanks for brushing off my two hours invested in looking at this map as "sightread skill"
I know, that's why I wrote that you should try to amplify the current one. At least try to get some more opinions on this, bc just because you can slightly hear it in the editor doesn't mean it gives you any feedback while playing and smashing your keys i hear that both on editor and gameplay, no problem
because it creates imbalance in how the hp-drain works since you never put so few NCs except in the first half of the intro. If there isn't any other reason than "I wanted to make it interesting" then please don't do it as it doesn't follow the music.
- Why is 00:52:364 not even clickable when 00:50:182 (1) is even a 1/1-slider? imo a 1/1-slider would fit there too SV transition on next patterning, wow Please try to explain this better as I don't understand what you mean - I don't see any SV-change on the next combo, nor do I see how that influences this at all 00:53:454 (1,2,1,2,1) - take a look for next combo and next combo and next combo before you saying this
- That effect is there because the player expects it to be the same SV but it is slower, so they have to slow down their initial movement. Have you tried doing what I suggested? yeah im already tried it but seems 1.5 too slow for that, and im following 2x cuz highesr diffs
- .. 1.: I didn't mean that you shouldn't use different spacing, I meant that the aesthetics would look a lot more structured if you used a certain spacing for certain types of emphasis, for example using x1,9 for regular beats and x2,5 for beats that you really want to emphasize - For example stuff like 00:56:727 (1,2,3) or 00:57:273 (3,4,5) looks visually irregular, spacing them evenly would have no effect on the gameplay but help the overall aesthetics a lot. 2.: I would love if you could actually explain your structure to me because I can't detect any structure at all , otherwise I wouldn't have pointed it out. I am not saying that it is not playable or that it has bad flow, I just simply don't understand why you make it switch around between combos being not spaced at all and combos having a lot of jumps in them when the music stays the exact same, I am looking for reasons. A few more specific examples so you can explain them indicidually:
Why is 01:03:000 (8,1) spaced so low when the previous major downbeats had big jumps onto them, like 00:58:773 (8,1) and 01:00:954 (9,1) - ? i put that because i feel like that part has lower pitch than the others, but whatever add more distance
Why is 00:58:227 (6,7) spaced so low compared to other kicks like 00:57:136 (2,3) - 00:59:182 (2,3) and 01:00:273 (6,7) - ? raise to 2.00x
Why has this whole part 01:02:182 (6,7,8,1,2) so low spacing compared to the whole rest of this section so far? cuz i make some small rest by providing smaller spacing to make sure players can do this jumps 01:03:273 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -
Why is 01:05:454 (1,2,3,4) spaced so low compared to 01:06:545 (4,5,6,1) - ? it's like put low distance then high distance structure on that part, same like 01:07:636 (1) - 01:09:818 (1) - 01:12:000 (1) -
- 01:21:000 - Missing hitsound? I'm not checking them bc after looking at the Hyper I feel like you should recheck all hitsounds in all diffs yourself again, but this one really sticks out i think im doing this really intentional because of higher diffs on there, on hyper it looks okay since we put continuous patterning there, so there is no problem with the hitsounding But what's the reasoning behind it? Why did you even map that beat when you didn't do it in your higher difficulties? Since it's mapped like all other beats it just seems like a mistake, how is the player supposed to know your intention? 1. on 3 higher diffs has no hitsound like that so players will hear that as a mistake a lot more? 2. the hitsound just on hyper diff basically not my mapping part, so why you forcing me to do your preference when i have my own preference and thinking that was not a mistake?
- Sorry for using a word that appearently triggers you to throw insults around, let me put it another way: I think you can agree with me that a sliderhead gives more emphasis than a slidertail, because the player has to click on the head, right? Now I know that you are not strictly ignoring the downbeats, but you are giving beats like 01:15:136 or 01:17:727 more emphasis than 01:15:273 or 01:18:000 even though the melody has the same beats on both notes, but the basic rhythm / drums give those beats on the tails additional intensity, so I simply don't understand why you emphasize weaker beats more than stronger beats. Emphasizing those downbeats would not impact your melodical patterning at all since the melody has beats there as well. I have nothing against offbeat-sliders in general, in fact I love them when they fit and use them a lot myself, but I only love and use them when there is a reason to emphasize an offbeat more than an onbeat, I don't see that reason here.
About the argument "this is a transitional part so why not?": The music does not change there at all yet, and just because a few seconds later there will be different stuff happening does not change anything about the music at that particular part yet. 01:27:818 (2,3,4) is no different to 01:19:091 (2,3,4) except that the pitch is higher, imo that's no reason to completely change the rhythm all of a sudden. i follow melody and ignore downbeats and upbeats on specific parts like this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/186677, and yes as you said the music doesn't change at all, and i put different patterning, im just want to make a variety of patterning, just it, no problem with that since im already put a "audible" notes on every slider and circles, thanks
- ..No, I don't want you to make jumps here or make anything harder at all, all I want is that you make the spacing visually equal by either making (5,6) slightly bigger or (6,7,1) slightly smaller. As I said it would make not difference for gameplay at all but help the aesthetics. (also I don't see what's supposed to be so special or hard about your flow lol) okay
- Sorry, my fault for appearently not explaining it detailed enough: There is no melody at the tail of 01:24:545 (7) but there is one at the tail of (6) but they are mapped the same, and it should be different to 01:27:000 (8) because that one got melody on its tail. The suggestion would be to simply replace 01:24:545 (7) with a circle in order to differentiate between those. 01:22:909 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - consistency of patterning, remember you still can play higher diffs with more complex patterning when i put simple patterning there, just it i can say, so it's okay if i didnt change patterning to circle there
- ..No, my problem is that you are staying consistent even though the music is not consistent: 01:26:727 (7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) is just as intense as everything else in this section in the music, but 01:30:545 (6,7,8,9) is way calmer than that because one of the main instruments stopped playing. To put it in different words: My issue is that you map the same thing in the music extremely inconsistent in most of your map, but map inconsistencies of the music consistent in here. 01:29:318 (7,1) - this distance can emphasize every combo on that part, so yeah no need to put more distance on that combo. i map same thing with different pattern to prevent any repetitiveness, some inconsistancy can make this map more interesting to play i think (my opinion and my interpretation about this map)
- Can you explain it to me instead of instulting me then? I looked at the repetition of that pattern and I saw that you spaced it out twice at 01:40:091 (7,8) and 01:42:273 (7,8) and then stacked it twice at 01:44:454 (7,8) and 01:46:636 (7,8) which makes sense, but at the first time you spaced it out at 01:35:727 (7,8) even though following that concept it should already be stacked (since the first spaced one musically already happened at 01:31:364 (9) -) 01:37:909 (7,8) - single stack + 01:40:091 (7,8) - single spaced ending pattern, 01:44:454 (7,8) - & 01:46:636 (7,8) - stack twice + 01:48:545 (5,6,7,8) - double spacing pattern, get it? about 01:49:091 - part i swap stack and spaced every part, secret revealed
- You spaced these two objects with x2,0 or more at 01:33:273 (6,7) - 01:35:454 (6,7) - 01:37:636 (6,7) - 01:39:818 (6,7) - 01:42:000 (6,7) and 01:46:364 (6,7) -, the one I pointed out is the only one where you didn't space it that much.
Also, to come back to one of the earlier points, those seven timestampt I just linked would be a good example where you could imporve the aesthetic sctructure by spacing them the exact same since they are the exact same in the music, right now you are mixing between using x2,0 and x2,25 and x2,33 and x2,4 even though the gameplay-effect is the same, so I think choosing one specific spacing for all of them would only help. i like that but okay then
Just by looking at this thread I see a lot of other people disliking this map too, and a lot of different mappers said the same too, so I doesn't seem like I'm the only one. I highly doubt that players will suddenly understand the map after a lot of tries when I just sat here looking and playing this one difficulty for two hours and still don't udnerstand it at all, seems like something about your concept isn't working. There are a lot of maps that aren't mapped for ranked that people love to play, but people loving it isn't any rational indication of a map's quality at all (or do you really believe that Highscore is the best map of 2015?). no, im trying to improve that map with this Everybody thinks that their map is good for the game, does that automatically make all maps of high enough quality to be ranked? I personally don't think so, if that were the case then we wouldn't have such a strict modding process and quality control that looks at much more than just the objective ranking criteria listed on the wiki.
Sorry if I came across as rude, I am not wanting you to map everything as I want, if that were the case then I would have written "map it like this" instead of trying to explain why your concept seems flawed to me. I hope I could clarify my points enough this time. I have no issues with the pure playability of anything, I just have issues with the missing connection of the map to the song because I can't see any focus on anything from the music, and I am missing the differentiation between different things in the music that are mapped the same in your map and vice versa. i think this map is really good, i don't have much technical problems here, so yeah i fix some points in here and it should be alright :>
Fort, at this point you should really calm down yourself. Not sure if it is really a language barrier, but Bonsai didn't attack you in anyway which would justify your reaction here. You should also go more into his points instead of his personal carrier as mapper which doesn't matter here at all.oh yeah im on it, looks my accent text is really not calm down while im trying to pick good english for this discussion lol, read my reply above to make sure im doing good conversation here
Maybe take a day off or so and calm down a bit. I think all of us need that from time to time.