forum

Panda Eyes & Teminite - Immortal Flame (feat. Anna Yvette)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ascendance

Nozhomi wrote:

Except for some spacial case, the modes should not be taken in consideration for the settings.
As said, there is no real burst part or long slider who could kill you with HR over time, so a low HP setting is not a necessity here.
perhaps the issue is that we're ranking a map that was made for jump training for 99% of its creation and then one day fort woke up and said "hm im gonna rank it"
Seni
xd wtf
Illyasviel

Atamare wrote:

DiamondRain wrote:

PS: Why did xexxar complain about "pp mapping" when all his mapsets are mapped for pp and have mainstream patterns? Kinda hypocritic imo.
Because he is entitled to his own opinion? You don't need to have a "normal map" ranked to constructively criticize other people's work.
hent2222
fuck
Endaris
Would you mind getting away from talking about pp-maps and throwing your shitty memes around? You can still do that once the map reaches actual Ranked Status.

@Yuutai: I think it's quite weird though that the highest diff of the set has the second lowest drain. As you already said the map is easy to pass regardless. However higher drain is supposed to give the player actual feedback whether it might be sensible for them to play the map or not. Worse players may very well get different feedback from the map when comparing HP5 and HP7. The fact that it is easy to pass on both is not an argument to make the HP very low for such a map. Otherwise one might remove HP-drain from the game altogether.
It's also not valid to draw comparisons with very old maps to justify HP5. I'd suggest you leave it to the mapper if he wants to defend the current HP value or not. Personally I don't think he will have any objections regarding the drain.
chainpullz

Yuutai wrote:

Mao wrote:

[*]Another issue I would like to be adressed is the HP drain. As Okorin already noted, the only "real intense" part to aim is the Kiai due to how much of an influence 03:01:909 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - and 03:10:636 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - have. A higher HP to balance it with the rest of your difficulty settings and the difficulty itself is needed here.
This map is 7.47 Stars. If you raise the HP drain you just put a high burden on people who plan on passing this HR, which already puts it to HP 7. This map is already difficult for most of the playerbase to pass, I don't see a single reason to arbitrarily put the HP to 6/7 just to make HR players fail who miss once on the slow part of the song. Unless its Airman with its HP 2 (which despite being cheesable and low HP has a staggeringly low amount of HR / HDHR passes) , I see no reason to put a map from passable with HR on a high level of skill (HP 7 with HR) to "Cookiezi/FC only" (HP -> 7, makes HP with HR = 9.8) .

And people already have Airman for their 7 Star medal pass, this is substantially harder.
Honestly as a HR player if you miss on the easy section of a map you probably deserve to fail anyways. HR is about consistency. If you don't have it, don't play the mod.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah
haha
Enon
how to map
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Nozhomi wrote:

Since some people raise some valid points, I guess I should take a look too~

[Everlasting Memory]
  1. My concern on this diff is, the spacing is just used in a strange way who did not emphase the song at so many point. It just looks like jumps were placed just on purpose to create a really difficult diff without even listen to the music. I'll show some examples to show this :
  2. 01:05:454 - to 01:14:182 - the spacing should be way more progressice because the pitch of the song is increasing too. But instead, we have giant jumps on the middle 01:08:318 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - where the song is not even at climax (who is for me at 01:09:818 - . Also I wonder why 01:10:500 (1,2,3) - deserve more a jump like that, there is no intensity at all on it, it's just transition, and should use a lower spacing, and totally inconsistent with other similar jumps like 01:11:591 (1,2,3) - .
  3. 02:09:273 (1,2,3,4,5) - On pattern like this, ok the square is good nice blanket etc...but the point is the jump should be between 02:09:545 (3) - and 02:09:682 (4) - , simply because the pitch and the beat is clearly stronger here. Ok you follow the drums, but that's not the best to me. i remember this was timorisu said such thing in here yeah
  4. 02:23:182 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why spacing increase when music goes down ?
  5. 03:07:227 (8,9,10) - Such background sounds deserve to be mapped this way ? That emphases nothing.
  6. 03:16:364 - This break have no sense imo.
  7. 03:59:318 (2,3,4,5,6) - First, flow between 03:58:909 (1,2) - is horrible, at this speed you expect it to follow in the same way than 03:58:636 (4,1) - , but you break this movement here and the only reason I see is because you was too close from the border. Second, why a big jumping triangle pattern when you followed main sound before, why not here ? A jump between 03:59:318 (2,3) - and 03:59:864 (6,1) - was clearly enough.
you can't aim well, im not insulting lol

Remember this is only examples, I did not point everything like these ones on the diff.
I would be glad to see people listening more to the song and don't throw jumps on their maps just for the fun. I hope my explanations are clear enough.
Mukyu~
mukyu

Mao wrote:

The issues above seem valid to me. Please address them accordingly!

[Everlasting Memory]
  1. So first of all, I have to agree with the break time at 03:16:364 - which feels cut right out of the map, it's almost the same as the section mapped afterwards and is so intense that it just feels like you forgot to map it. yeah looks boring
  2. One of the key problems here are the jumps that are inconsistent related to the music or just simply used to spike up the difficulty, Xexxar made some good points there. Already mentioned patterns like 01:08:318 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for example spike up the difficulty for no reason and end up feeling chaotic, especially when you map the climax with small jumps between sliders. Also giant patterns like 00:57:409 (1,2,3) - are replaced by so small ones like 00:58:500 (1,2,3) - later on even though the music didn't change in terms of intensity. now 00:58:500 (1,2) - like a giant tropical centipedes
  3. Another issue I would like to be adressed is the HP drain. As Okorin already noted, the only "real intense" part to aim is the Kiai due to how much of an influence 03:01:909 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - and 03:10:636 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - have. A higher HP to balance it with the rest of your difficulty settings and the difficulty itself is needed here. okay im ded HP6, HP7 too high okay (the HP calculating is so confusing, i see when some maps with 1:30 drain time with HP6 feels like HP9 when you got misses and when you hit circle you can't go back revived this is just make your life feels empty without misses lol)
I recommend you to adress the issues mentioned here accordinly. Furthermore, any kind of help/feedback/etc. from the community is appreciated.
i'll pm you if needed

Enon wrote:

how to map
everything's wrong

to people who think im a pp mapper, pls kill yourself map this song with your own style with 7 star mapset including in there, thanks.

and yeah auto fixed for Xexxar, MEK and Oko's thoughts (i still don't get it why the break time after kiai doesn't make sense, that part kinda repetitive so i put break time and start on half of that part, just it)

updated! :)
Ranked
rip 400pp touch screen score
lit120
you should've mapped it for approval since it's 5 minutes above, srsly
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

lit120 wrote:

how about no?
allein

lit120 wrote:

not fort's style :>
lit120

Fort wrote:

lit120 wrote:

how about no?
if i were you, that'd be yes .-.
BigEarsMau

lit120 wrote:

Unfortunately, you're not him. It's his decision for not making it as an approval map, so let him be
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

lit120 wrote:

map saja sendiri 8-)
Haruto

lit120 wrote:

Fort wrote:

how about no?
well i'd choose to map it to 5 min for every diff but still aim for rank instead approval
but, yeah you aren't fort lol
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Haruto wrote:

but, yeah you aren't fort lol
and the they're leaving without any reply
tatemae
again ><
Shauma
Fuckin' awesome map... sometimes total shits get ranked and this masterpiece doesn't. World is cruel. Fort, don't give up and work hard to get it ranked.
hent2222
I need this map qualified. Fuckin ranked system
Stjpa

hent2222 wrote:

I need this map qualified. Fuckin ranked system
Yeah, definitely ranked systems fault. Wtf.
n0n0man

Shauma wrote:

Fuckin' awesome map... sometimes total shits get ranked and this masterpiece doesn't. World is cruel. Fort, don't give up and work hard to get it ranked.
YES I AGREE
[-Alice-]
DQ based off of too low HP drain should actually be a joke
pmriva
anyeng dq.

teuing pokona kudu ranked.

gimme my free touchscreen 400pp
Shiirn
the break usage in this map triggers me so hard

dq was sensible off the dumb break setups anyway, the fact he's replacing them with intentionally plain and boring sections is sad though.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Shiirn wrote:

dq was sensible off the dumb break setups anyway, the fact he's replacing them with intentionally plain and boring sections is sad though.
how to map that part damit, that's why i put break but people think it's random so i map like that, deal with it
Yoshikawa Hoshi
Chocolat
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah
if people saying this is not capturing the music, they're dumbfuck orz, cuz i map exactly following melodies 100% following music

did you realize i follow synth in here 00:56:727 - to 02:24:000 - ?

and here too 02:58:909 -? still don't get it this jump has this combo 03:01:909 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - or 03:10:636 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - ?

and okay the DQ happen because missplace patterning on mid part, you know it's missplacement in mid part not on break part, it's really highly subjective if people think the Break after kiai is not necessary, please it is can be better for rest time to the ending of the song, just one break part means anything for gameplay experience (since that part has repetitive, and yeah)

Shiirn wrote:

i quote this again because yes because it's boring sections, that's why i put break part in there it is really much better with break time.

i only map that break time for [Everlasting Memory] diff only because in other diff that break looks okay, please im just want to give break time for last part players playing, just enjoy the game

maybe that's can i explain, and yes im already fix patterns in 00:58:500 - , 01:09:818 - , and 01:12:000 -. so yeah now im ready to rank this again.

im sure there is no mistakes against this map, im just really weird why this map like this has problem like that, pls no hate guys (im saying this to make sure the player (or mapper) who didn't like this map read this one). thanks
Shiirn
The mapping goes from literally cross-screen 1/4 jumps to 1/10th of the screen 1/2 spacing with the removal of an instrument that wasn't really doing much anyway. If you can't figure out how that's a bit weird, there's no helping you.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Shiirn wrote:

The mapping goes from literally cross-screen 1/4 jumps to 1/10th of the screen 1/2 spacing with the removal of an instrument that wasn't really doing much anyway. If you can't figure out how that's a bit weird, there's no helping you.
is that really a problem in a highest diff?
Shiirn
Yes.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Shiirn wrote:

Yes.
give me a single statement on ranking criteria that mapping like that is unrankable
Shiirn
We're sitting here talking about it instead of your map being ranked.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Shiirn wrote:

We're sitting here talking about it instead of your map being ranked.
pls don't tell bullshit until you give me that statements
thanks
Mysterious Ryan
Never really posted on the forums but just wanted to say That I'm sorry to hear the Map didn't meet the criteria.
I've been playing this map for quite a while even before it hit qualified status and I hope to see it ranked soon one day ♥
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Mysterious Ryan wrote:

Never really posted on the forums but just wanted to say That I'm sorry to hear the Map didn't meet the criteria.
I've been playing this map for quite a while even before it hit qualified status and I hope to see it ranked soon one day ♥
i hope so, thanks for supporting :)
headphonewearer
Almost 1000 favorites even before the map has been ranked, damn
rotodomo

havkz wrote:

Almost 1000 favorites even before the map has been ranked, damn
it was ranked qualified a week ago.

RIP

e: qualified not ranked apparently. even so, it was close :(
show more