forum

My accuracy is getting worse and worse

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yolshka

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

Also, I found that HD is a pretty good way to improve accuracy. Give it a shot.
Yes it will improve his accuracy if his decesion is to pick up HD, but how is this going to help him now?

Creyz wrote:

When I play HR I get less than 70% accuracy and fail after 15 seconds
Yeah me too.
You can browse through my top ranks. there are some maps that are pretty easy to acc.
Though I'm nowhere near being able to FC Best FriendS, it's star rating is 4.91* way out of our reach.

teachmehow2aimpls
Blackheart

ShadyAngel wrote:

Yes it will improve his accuracy if his decesion is to pick up HD, but how is this going to help him now?
I found that many times, the problem with accuracy is that the player in question got used to do the click-timing from the visual clues of the clickcircle. HD doesn't give these and forces the player to do the timing by listening to the song instead, which, as an audible clue, is more accurate as well as makes more independent from the AR value.
leepdesu

Creyz wrote:

When I play HR I get less than 70% accuracy and fail after 15 seconds.I know that it's a rhythm game and I click to the music but I still get too many 100s.
Like I said my acc used to be a little better
Play more HR

Actually just play more and every time you hit that retry button, you need to keep listening & click to the beat. HR isn't necessary but it increases OD and if you can your accuracy down at OD 10 then acc won't be a problem anymore.
Topic Starter
Creyz

a loli wrote:

play more. That isn't even much play count, regardless of how many days you achieved it over

Or are you expecting some super secret method of getting better?
I started playing about a year ago and My acc has always been bad. And now that I play more than I ususally do my acc became worse.
Xelinn
My acc also used to be awful becouse i played hardest map i could, for example instead of fcing 2-3 stars maps i played 4 star map with shitty acc so i learnt nothing besides speed and reading which caused me having trouble while farming pp. I had a huge problem with my acc becouse my first steps were too rapid. There are 2 options in my opinion, start playing easier maps since your playcount is still quite low and improve stable and slowly or just play a lot (as me) and your acc will come with time. You can also take a break for like 1 week, it works too ;)
Minhtam
Play More.

Specifically, you need to play more Hard OD 6 maps that are LESS than 3* (but above 2.5*). Your aim is to achieve a 99.5% or higher on those maps. Now the majority of them are AR 7, but you will find that if you start training your eyes to be accurate on AR 7, then your eyes and fingers will subconsciously get better at reading AR 8, which are where most of your maps are.

If you want to jump straight to AR 8 anyway, here's a good place to start. Use osusearch.com to find more maps that fit these conditions.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/312375
Infevo
The number next to "Hit Accuracy" in your profile does not take your individual progress into account. Keep in mind that marginal improvements in accuracy will still result in a lower number on paper if you keep increasing the map difficulty disproportionally quicker compared to that particular improvement.

Pray mole.
chainpullz

leep wrote:

Creyz wrote:

When I play HR I get less than 70% accuracy and fail after 15 seconds.I know that it's a rhythm game and I click to the music but I still get too many 100s.
Like I said my acc used to be a little better
Play more HR

Actually just play more and every time you hit that retry button, you need to keep listening & click to the beat. HR isn't necessary but it increases OD and if you can your accuracy down at OD 10 then acc won't be a problem anymore.
HR only helps with accuracy if there are many sections that you are getting full 300's on. If you are already getting sub 300 on most everything there's really no point in upping the OD any further.
Originality
Hihi! I have the exact same problem as you -- I suck at streaming, but my jumping is pretty solid. You're likely struggling because your reading sucks. I'm convinced the reason this happens is that you get really comfortable with the location of notes on your tablet to the point that you aren't looking at all of the notes when you jump to them -- you're just hitting them because you know x spot on tablet is x spot on osu screen. This is wonderful for straight jumps, but when you get into strange patterns/streams/etc., you're screwed.

All of your top plays are jumpy maps -- as well as most of your recent plays. I'd suggest playing maps like BASARA (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13019) and playing EZ mod on lower level maps so that your eyes can catch up with your playing. If you chat me in game, I'd be happy to send you a bunch of maps that are streamy/weird patterns that a friend of mine showed me.
ZenithPhantasm
Take break. Learn AR9. Play more.
leepdesu

chainpullz wrote:

If you are already getting sub 300 on most everything there's really no point in upping the OD any further.
It does lmao

Well from personal experience HR helped improve my accuracy in the long run because I learn to click to the beat instead of visual.
RaneFire

leep wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

If you are already getting sub 300 on most everything there's really no point in upping the OD any further.
It does lmao

Well from personal experience HR helped improve my accuracy in the long run because I learn to click to the beat instead of visual.
I think there's reason enough to support both viewpoints. It just depends what you're doing and your ability to perceive what's happening.

Creyz wrote:

a loli wrote:

play more. That isn't even much play count, regardless of how many days you achieved it over

Or are you expecting some super secret method of getting better?
I started playing about a year ago and My acc has always been bad. And now that I play more than I ususally do my acc became worse.
You should probably listen and play more. Your issue is just inconsistency, and that's normal. You only hit 1300 plays this month. Now try to do that every month for the next year. I'd suggest even more plays, but we all have things to do... just don't expect results without trying. Also... just because you feel like you're trying hard, doesn't mean you are. Get inspiration from others and see how hard they try. If you do it right, you should look back at yourself and say "I should play more".
Risa
Have u ever tried for once not giving a single shit abt ur acc.
It worked for me.
chainpullz

Reset- wrote:

It worked for me.
*Gasp* How will I get pp if my acc is low?
Risa
buny

Reset- wrote:

FC some 7.5* with 88% acc
i doubt his legitimacy, because he went from 83% dt gangsta to 94% 4xmiss in a bit over a month

could just be those azn genes tho
ZenithPhantasm

a loli wrote:

could just be those azn genes tho
probably is
Minhtam

Reset- wrote:

It worked for me.
... you know... consistency is an acquired trait...
leepdesu

a loli wrote:

i doubt his legitimacy
ohoho i've seen him play irl

he's pretty legit alright
Endie-
I wouldn't spend too much time looking for the approach circles. You should rather listen carefully to the song and concentrate on tapping to the beat it's a rhythm game dammit. You'll eventually get the hang of it, so don't worry too much about it.
Topic Starter
Creyz
Heyy,,
Thanks everyone for your advice! It really helped me! Turns out my problem really was that I wasn't listening to the rhythm even though I thought I was.And also fcs were more important to me than acc.So what I did was not care about Fcs for a while and just try to get good acc and it helped.Maps like Basara really help with acc too.Just got 99% fc on a 4.5 star song :D (I know it's not very good,but good for me ^^)