forum

[Archived] unexpected shutdown

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
5TEV3N
the first time i had this was when i had windows vista
and now it happened to me again
i would basicly play a song and then suddenly my computer screen turns black.
next thing you know my pc restarts o.o

is there a way to fix this? or is it my pc?

pc specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
Pentium dual-core CPU E5200 @ 2.50 GHZ
4.0gigs of RAM
ATI radeon HD 4800 series
oddysea682
ok that is very unusual
is your cpu hot when osu! shuts down?
The Otaku_old
Windows 7
I just started Osu! three times ,and three times my system shutdown.It played fine before but now it crashes the system. I love the game but I don't think i'll be able to play as is if my system keeps shutting down.
I also have Windows 7 so many its windows 7?
Topic Starter
5TEV3N

oddysea682 wrote:

ok that is very unusual
is your cpu hot when osu! shuts down?
idk ,i have no idea of testing this theory since this problem happens randomly.

@otaku

your problem is completely diffrent to mines.
Im still able to play osu! but it randomly shutdown.
Derekku
This could possibly be overheating or some sort of graphics driver issue. Try one of the frame limiters in the options to see if that helps, as well as updating your drivers.
dkun
A "random" shut down is usually caused by overheating problems or a mobo issue. Check your cables and monitor your core temperatures while playing osu! or any other game.

@The Otaku
This sounds like a problem not related to osu!. Have you modified anything prior the problems started happening?
paperomario
It shutdown on me too...

I'll try limiting my frames, but I never had to until today. If it shuts down again, I'll just wait until tomorrow to have fun... ;-;

If it happens, again, tomorrow, I'll just have to deal with it...if peppy's happy with it, I'm happy with it i-i
mm201
It could also be faulty RAM, damaged motherboard connections, or a buggy driver.

To get more info on the error, open up Control Panel / System and Security / System / Advanced System Settings / Startup & Recovery (Settings...), and uncheck Automatically Restart. The sudden reboot should now be replaced with a BSOD which will give more info about the error. Generally the first couple lines are the only important ones, describing what the error was and in which driver it was found.
mirkea123
my pc only reboots when i play osu any other game like cs,valorant,overwatch it doesnt happen and i have a good pc (specs:ryzen 5 3600 and amd rx 5700xt) and idk why it does that
Death

mirkea123 wrote:

my pc only reboots when i play osu any other game like cs,valorant,overwatch it doesnt happen and i have a good pc (specs:ryzen 5 3600 and amd rx 5700xt) and idk why it does that
Please make a new thread for your issue, this one is 10 years old.