forum

DT 3★ or >4★

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CMegalodon
So, i hit the point where i struggle on maps over 4★, not fast enough. Should i keep going on those or should do some DT 3★? Thanks
Railey2
one difficulty of maps with higher star rating is, that they tend to have more complex patterns in them. At your level, lots of your speed will depend on your ability to recognize certain patterns faster, to be able to play more "fluently", if that makes sense. I don't think that playing DT will help your case more than just pushing harder nomod maps. I think its too early to go off on DT.

I'd keep on going with nomod until ~1500pp, then maybe mix it up with some DT to build tapping- and streaming-speed.
Topic Starter
CMegalodon

Railey2 wrote:

one difficulty of maps with higher star rating is, that they tend to have more complex patterns in them. At your level, lots of your speed will depend on your ability to recognize certain patterns faster, to be able to play more "fluently", if that makes sense. I don't think that playing DT will help your case more than just pushing harder nomod maps. I think its too early to go off on DT.

I'd keep on going with nomod until ~1500pp, then maybe mix it up with some DT to build tapping- and streaming-speed.
Thanks for response, yeah it makes sense. I just want to get better player and play more difficult maps. Not really interested in easy PP. So hard(some insane) maps it is.
_ryushiro
Play maps that you found interesting to play)
For me,l play 3-4stars with dt/dthd
Some 4 stars nomod/dt(if it's not too hard to tap)/hr
And 5+ nomod
When l play,i warm up on harder ones and then go to maps,that need high stability and accuracy.
That improve my skill everytime I play)
Topic Starter
CMegalodon

-Yupi wrote:

Play maps that you found interesting to play)
For me,l play 3-4stars with dt/dthd
Some 4 stars nomod/dt(if it's not too hard to tap)/hr
And 5+ nomod
When l play,i warm up on harder ones and then go to maps,that need high stability and accuracy.
That improve my skill everytime I play)
Yesterday a played a lot of >4★ maps. After 5-6 maps i somehow could track and follow over 90% of jumps and streams. Felt really great. HR is only mod i played succesfuly so gotta yet to try DT/HD on easy ones.
BlackMidKnight
How about ~3-4 stars (CS<=4) DT+HR?
Setsuna
Jumping diffs/Learning mods is always hard, but you can break it up somewhat.

For instance, I am pretty much spot on (besides some consistency hiccups) with the diffs I should be playing in (generally 5-6 stars with OD9), and I am trying to transition into HR. My precision,aim, and UR/OD Control is good enough, but I cannot read high ARs. I am currently practicing learning how to read higher ARs (10-10.3).

See what you need to work on.

Is it speed? (Are you bad at bursting streams? Can't tap fast enough? Etc.)
Is it aim? (Can you do screen jumps at all and can you snap quickly?)
Is it precision? (Do you find higher CS or smaller circles too tiny?)

Since you are just jumping from 3 stars to 4 stars, I am going to guess that it's not too drastic. Like what the people above said, what you might be lacking in is patterns, but jumping from 3 stars to 4 stars usually mean getting out of your AR8 comfort zone and stepping into AR9. Just learn how to read higher ARs and patterns better and you should be fine. Most players don't even focus a category at your level, they just learn how to read and improve their skills gradually. Half of osu is reading ;)!
Topic Starter
CMegalodon

BlackMidKnight wrote:

How about ~3-4 stars (CS<=4) DT+HR?

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

Jumping diffs/Learning mods is always hard, but you can break it up somewhat.

For instance, I am pretty much spot on (besides some consistency hiccups) with the diffs I should be playing in (generally 5-6 stars with OD9), and I am trying to transition into HR. My precision,aim, and UR/OD Control is good enough, but I cannot read high ARs. I am currently practicing learning how to read higher ARs (10-10.3).

See what you need to work on.

Is it speed? (Are you bad at bursting streams? Can't tap fast enough? Etc.)
Is it aim? (Can you do screen jumps at all and can you snap quickly?)
Is it precision? (Do you find higher CS or smaller circles too tiny?)

Since you are just jumping from 3 stars to 4 stars, I am going to guess that it's not too drastic. Like what the people above said, what you might be lacking in is patterns, but jumping from 3 stars to 4 stars usually mean getting out of your AR8 comfort zone and stepping into AR9. Just learn how to read higher ARs and patterns better and you should be fine. Most players don't even focus a category at your level, they just learn how to read and improve their skills gradually. Half of osu is reading ;)!
Thanks for suggestion. RIght now my zx hand kinda hurts while playing fast bpm maps, not sure why. So i play <3star with HD/DT/HR :/
Anyone expirienced this? Im new to the game so maybe my hand is adjusting. Not sure
PS. Why did i read cant fap fast enough - ISetsunaI - :D
Mahogany
I would always recommend you play more nomod instead. If you want to practice high BPM, play high BPM nomods.
Topic Starter
CMegalodon

Mahogany wrote:

I would always recommend you play more nomod instead. If you want to practice high BPM, play high BPM nomods.
Yea ill do that, but have to wait a few days if not even week for my had to cool off.
ZenithPhantasm
play more
Mahogany
Don't worry, everyone overexerts themselves at times.

Once it took me over 2 weeks to recover from a time I played far too long and far too fast D:
Topic Starter
CMegalodon

Mahogany wrote:

Don't worry, everyone overexerts themselves at times.

Once it took me over 2 weeks to recover from a time I played far too long and far too fast D:
Good to know im not the only one, seen so many threads of people thinking they have some hand illness or something cause of playing. Daaaaaaamn.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

play more
Exactly what im doing ;) Hoping in a year or two to finish the big black :)