forum

Franz Liszt - La Campanella (8 Bit Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
-GN
on the hard parts:

01:09:558 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - this being one circle shorter than expected throws people off when trying to hit the next jumps, but it's not something you should change. it's just a matter of paying attention, not particularly hard to read

02:49:008 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - onwards - absolutely brutal pattern. not hard to read at all, but physically being able to hit it is another matter entirely, at least properly. i don't think you should change it even if it's a challenge, as it's a well designed one that can still be handled in multiple ways. it's fun to play.

Kaine
Hi
01:11:208 (1,2) - This is great, but a little too hard imo; while it IS one of the most intense parts in the song, I don't think that a pattern of such harshness is needed. It's perfectly readable tho IMO
01:51:708 (1) - 02:50:208 (1) - Jesus christ these patterns are hard to play. But yet again, great way to represent the music and perfectly playable, just takes some getting used to ;o

God knows where my first plays are, I've formatted several times since then lol
Neliel
Yo
Everything in this map fits the music perfectly. Most patterns play really well.
02:49:008 (1) - fits perfectly, challenging, but not impossible. Any change to this pattern would kill its perfection. I really tried coming up with a way to change it, but I cant think of anything that goes along with the music as well as this does.
Cyllinus
What happened to the hitsound that said "excellent"? I thought that was really neat.
02:30:408 (1) -
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

Cyllinus wrote:

What happened to the hitsound that said "excellent"? I thought that was really neat.
02:30:408 (1) -
A very good question my dear friend. Some weeks ago i had to remove it, because particular members of qualification team said me that it's random and it has to be removed, since it has no sense. I was trying to prove that this is actually good and sounds perfect to the flow, but since nobody said a word about it's goodness i just thought it's my imagination and only i enjoy this kind of stuff. However, a BIG bold however, since you, a person who enjoyed this, have mentioned it's absense, i'll put it right back!

Also: Thanks a lot for testplaying guys!

EDIT: Easter egg will be added in extra package
Monstrata
Looks good now. Here's your bubble!
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
-GN
good luck!

(i enjoyed that "excellent" too, keep it)
Sonnyc
Average.
00:42:408 (3,1) - Do you think this overlap is avoidable? It doesn't feel good in readability/visuals.
00:50:808 (1) - Wouldn't removing nc fit your symmetry pattern better?
02:17:808 (2) - Mind NC? It would emphasize the unique slider shape better.
03:28:906 (2) - Is the whistle inside the slide intended? It feels really noisy.
03:33:106 (2) - Having multiple reverses felt too boring compared to the music. Something different happens around 03:37:606. I think you could catch that instead of a long reverse.

Grand.
The correct way to write this diff's name would be "Grande Etude", with the "e" at the end of "grand". "Etude" is a feminine noun so you have to make the adjective "grand" agree accordingly
mind replying the above concern?
00:16:908 (5) - Is this placement intended? Personally, placing somewhere between at 00:16:308 (1,3) would feel more balanced. The current placement feels less relation in your combo.
02:32:808 - Is this sudden hitsound intended? It feels a little too loud currently.
04:23:506 (2) - Mind adding a new combo? Having a follow point after 04:22:606 (1) felt somewhat inconsistent.z

This mapset is awesome.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
00:16:908 (5) - Is this placement intended? Personally, placing somewhere between at 00:16:308 (1,3) would feel more balanced. The current placement feels less relation in your combo.
well, 3 and 5 are same notes, but placing them each in one stack doesn't look batter, so yea, i'll fix it as you said.
02:32:808 - Is this sudden hitsound intended? It feels a little too loud currently.
Oops, fixed
and added new combo
03:33:106 (2) - Having multiple reverses felt too boring compared to the music. Something different happens around 03:37:606. I think you could catch that instead of a long reverse.
Actually nothing different happens around mentioned section, it just goes down and down. I want to keep this. The rest on Average has been fixed. Pattern at 00:41:000+ was fixed by re-moving these objects 00:41:508 (1,2,3,1) - . Also fixed NC to make it similar to previous patterns.

And thanks for stars <3
Sonnyc
Nominated.
Monstrata
Qualified.
Shurelia
WHoaAAAAAAAA

edit : mfw most of the tester are top players . (mostly 2 digits rank)
Myxo
Congratz :3
Natsu
nice! congratz 8-)
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Thanks everyone <3
Kynan
HERE WE GO :O
Bence
artist name in original language not included smh
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

Bence wrote:

artist name in original language not included smh
Liszt Ferenc?
Cremation
the Original name is : Liszt Ferenc
Constantine
puush mirror link for extras

vk download links were pretty slow for my ISP so
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

Constantine wrote:

changed to puush link. Works now?
Cremation
Please change the artist name.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

Cremation wrote:

Please change the artist name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i36ys4X-GgA here is author of this mix and the metadata was taken from this video.

I see no point to change it since Franz Liszt is the most used title as a artist name.
Constantine

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Constantine wrote:

changed to puush link. Works now?
yeah thanks
i already deleted my link
vipto
i didnt ask for this
DaxMasterix
Finally! <3
Ideal
rip any chance of a hr pass on extreme
map's lookin' pretty damn good, gratz louis!
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

Idealism wrote:

rip any chance of a hr pass on extreme
map's lookin' pretty damn good, gratz louis!
Prepare your arm to spin over 450 sp/s xD
Vivyanne
its been a long while since ive felt so uncomfortable with a bg :")

anyways cool mapset, congratsu~
also thanks for destroying my tapping hand
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

HighTec wrote:

its been a long while since ive felt so uncomfortable with a bg :")
Which one?
fieryrage
02:17:808 (1) - why is that impassable maps have been dq'd for not being passable before lol

and before you say "but auto passes it!!" yeah with literally 1/10 of a bar of hp remaining before the end of the spinner spinning 477 with 300s on every note prior

so unless you're a god no you're not going to be able to pass that regardless of what you do

and on the highest diff 02:49:008 - this entire section for like 20 seconds, how are you expecting people to comfortably play this lmao
Xinnoh
For comparison, that famous drill maxed out at high 460. Just a little unreasonable
7ambda
Petition peppy to remove spinner drain.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

fieryrage wrote:

02:17:808 (1) - why is that impassable maps have been dq'd for not being passable before lol

and before you say "but auto passes it!!" yeah with literally 1/10 of a bar of hp remaining before the end of the spinner spinning 477 with 300s on every note prior

so unless you're a god no you're not going to be able to pass that regardless of what you do
Okay, why should i care about difficulty mods?

about your mentioned part at 02:49:008. Here is a replay file performed by -Archangel-. Just watch it. I agree that it's "uncomfortable to play" and that was done on purpose. Like other Etude specific difficulties, i wanted to give players unusual technics to challenge. These parts were tested many times by various players. It's readable, but unusual to play. Or like you said "uncomfortable".

For comparison, that famous drill maxed out at high 460. Just a little unreasonable
video shows 470~474 sp/s
fieryrage
drills are considered external assistance aka cheating so you can get banned for it

it's not a necessity to care about difficulty mods but considering something got disqualified for that issue and another requested a dq for it yeah uh you should probably do it before a qat possibly decides it's an issue worthy of a dq

afaik the only map that's impassable with HR is mendes and that's because it was ranked in 2010 and no one really noticed/cared about this at that time

disregarding personal preference on the mapping style, the drain spread is pretty stupid as well; why hp 7 on a 5 star insane and hp 6.7 on a 4 star insane? that's ridiculously high, and it's seen with the excessive amount of new combos particularly in extreme (which exasperates the drain even more, might i add).
Izzywing
I agree with fiery here, there was a big debate about "why should I care about HR" in the aspire map, and in the end even mr monstrata made his map passable with HR (altho he changed something in the map itself not the HP)
Stjpa
If you don't have a very special reason to keep it, just change it. "I don't care about mods" doesn't count.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

Hobbes2 wrote:

I agree with fiery here, there was a big debate about "why should I care about HR" in the aspire map, and in the end even mr monstrata made his map passable with HR (altho he changed something in the map itself not the HP)
Do not compare other maps.

Personally i find changing something just to make it playable for some difficulty mods ridiculous. It can be any map, anything. I will probably fix the hp drain if there were complains about it on None mods.

disregarding personal preference on the mapping style, the drain spread is pretty stupid as well; why hp 7 on a 5 star insane and hp 6.7 on a 4 star insane? that's ridiculously high, and it's seen with the excessive amount of new combos particularly in extreme (which exasperates the drain even more, might i add).
You're complaining about it here. But you personally didn't feel any "issues" while playing it. Do not just take attention to those numbers 5,6,7, whatever, but take point towards playability. About playability on None mod. And i would like to hear other players opinions excluding you. I asked many times to test that difficulty, it was called Fabulous before, and no one from players haven't said me even a word about "hp drain". And nobody complained about HP drain even after this got qualified. Same goes to modding posts. This drama started after "omg impossible with HR". If the question stands just about Hardrock difficulty i'll repeat : "I find it ridiculous to do something just to make playable/comfortable in other difficulty mods".

It's not like i'm taking my iron position just to skip fixing that. I just don't want to do ridiculous things. What's the next, changing difficulty settings to make possible for Double Time, Hidden or Flashlight?
celerih
This isn't just about HR, it's also about the playability of the maps for who they are intended for. The easier diffs having higher HP is ridiculous, since they are supposed to be for lower level players (you know, to have a normal difficulty progresssion in the difficulties). This causes the easier difficulties to be way harder than they should. Difficult maps are fine but using cheap difficulty boosters like HP drain on easier diffs goes against how they should be easier.

In addition, stop comparing HR to HD, FL or DT. They work differently and should be treated as such. Any map passable no mod can be passed with HD, FL or DT. HR is different in that way, since it boosts HP (DT is weird with this, too lazy to explain the difference with HR). Blocking out an entire mod being playable because you're lazy or whatever bad excuse you're trying to pass is dumb. You bring a point to not compare to unrelated maps, but you compare unrelated mods.

Please try to at least bring decent arguments to defend your stubbornness
show more