IGZ WT 2015-16 #2 [CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Killerbyte
Player Name: K1ll3rbyt3
Current Rank: 97k
Nationality: Italian
Favourite Maps: Catastrophe, AugoEiDes, World's End Girl's Rondo and many others :D

Let's win this tournament again!

Also: the mappool seems more interresting than before :P
Topic Starter
Tebz188

K1ll3rbyt3 wrote:

Also: the mappool seems more interresting than before :P
It's a lot "wider" when it comes to difficulty/style. Music might be a bit repetitive, but that's secondary when looking for good tourney maps.

E: oh and more weight on concistency since the maps are longer.
Killerbyte
Question: Are we getting the tourney client this time?
Luka-
Player Name:Lukasier
Current Rank:109680
Nationality:Poland
Favourite Map?:Hanarai
YoshiLover456
Player Name: YoshiLover456
Current Rank: 82K
Nationality: American
Favorite Map:Hanatan - Airman ga Taosenai (SOUND HOLIC Ver.)

Maybe I won't get runner-up this time... :P
Scyan
Goo luck to everyone signing up. Gonna be a blast!

I'll be providing 1 month supporter for the winner once again. :P
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Fleeting Jake wrote:

Goo luck to everyone signing up. Gonna be a blast!

I'll be providing 1 month supporter for the winner once again. :P
You are too generous m8 :P
N0thing
... wait a moment, so we will play WITH the #75000? meaning, that all ranks are in one room and play?
by the way, I was the guy, who said before that I could play at 15:00. I can play a bit earlier, will work, sry for the work

so the match will start at 14:00 greenwich time zone?
Topic Starter
Tebz188

0Nothing0 wrote:

... wait a moment, so we will play WITH the #75000? meaning, that all ranks are in one room and play?
by the way, I was the guy, who said before that I could play at 15:00. I can play a bit earlier, will work, sry for the work

The tournament is structured of multiple 1v1s.

Groupstage on Saturday. most likely 3 1v1s against other players in your group.

KnockoutStage on Sunday. Double-elimination Bracket with top players from each group.

The first matches of the day start at 14:00 Greenwich time, last time we had D group (last group to start their matches) starting at 18:00 GMT iirc. So the time schedule for Saturday is fairly flexible.
paolostyle
Didn't play standard osu in a while, but well... who cares, there are 2 weeks to prepare. Count me in :)

Player Name: elrzulffio
Current Rank: 149k
Nationality: Polish
Favourite Map?: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/63233
Tsundere-Chan
Player Name: Lizor4
Current Rank: 86,715
Favourite Map?: Dopamine[Kotori's Advanced]

Hopefully I don't get destroyed in knockout stage this time :cry:
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Updated Participhant list.
Scyan

0Nothing0 wrote:

Also, in case you still don't understand, an example of the match schedules can be found below, this is how they were structured last tournament. :)

Topic Starter
Tebz188

Fleeting Jake wrote:

0Nothing0 wrote:

Also, in case you still don't understand, an example of the match schedules can be found below, this is how they were structured last tournament. :)

^^ yea just what this guy said
OoTrillionoO
Player Name: OoTrillionoO
Current Rank: 98,785
Nationality: Canadian
Favourite Map: Dragons - Caravan Palace // Charles445 [Insane] [HD]
Other: Would it be possible for me to play at 15:00 GMT or later on both days? Or will Sunday have to be earlier?
zz-e
Player Name: zz-e
Current Rank: #143,607
Nationality: Dutch
Favourite Map?: Feint - Time Bomb (feat. Veela & Boyinaband)
Topic Starter
Tebz188

OoTrillionoO wrote:

Other: Would it be possible for me to play at 15:00 GMT or later on both days? Or will Sunday have to be earlier?
Sunday matches will start earlier and can really be flexed by only 30mins or so since it would delay all other games too. Saturday would be doable. I know that the time schedule sucks balls for NA players, but there is nothing i can do about it realistically.
zz-e
god these songs are hard
Piece of cake, I can do this 8-)
N0thing

tbag188 wrote:

0Nothing0 wrote:

The tournament is structured of multiple 1v1s.

Groupstage on Saturday. most likely 3 1v1s against other players in your group.

KnockoutStage on Sunday. Double-elimination Bracket with top players from each group.

The first matches of the day start at 14:00 Greenwich time, last time we had D group (last group to start their matches) starting at 18:00 GMT iirc. So the time schedule for Saturday is fairly flexible.
Oh ok, thx. Sry, it is my first one, so I'm kind of exited.
Killerbyte

0Nothing0 wrote:

Oh ok, thx. Sry, it is my first one, so I'm kind of excited.
It used to be my first one last time, just my advice, don't get too excited or you'll lose :P and good luck!
OoTrillionoO

tbag188 wrote:

OoTrillionoO wrote:

Sunday matches will start earlier and can really be flexed by only 30mins or so since it would delay all other games too. Saturday would be doable. I know that the time schedule sucks balls for NA players, but there is nothing i can do about it realistically.
Ok, thanks. Realistically I probably won't even make it to the knockout round. 8-)
Aylin_01x
Player Name: Aylin_01x
Current Rank: #167,403
Nationality: British
Favourite Map?: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/340444 + https://osu.ppy.sh/s/344391

First tournament so lets give it a go.
N0thing

K1ll3rbyt3 wrote:

0Nothing0 wrote:

Oh ok, thx. Sry, it is my first one, so I'm kind of excited.
It used to be my first one last time, just my advice, don't get too excited or you'll lose :P and good luck!
If I get exited I'm getting a bit better. If I'm too ecited then I'm ok in 5 seconds... well, ok, I'll fail XD
Topic Starter
Tebz188
Few things on the "get excited" and other factors i've noticed about players and how it impacts their play.
1. Rank doesn't matter in tournament play. Well ofc higher ranked player is excpected to win, but that isn't 100% true all the time.
2. Cokiness. "I don't need to practise since I play only 5* maps", seen it happen, no point in excplaining further why the guy went 0-2 in groupstage.
3. Confidence is good... aslong as you don't go overboard with it and turn it into cokiness.
4. Mappool randomness, I've seen lots and lots of good players fail because "mappool had too easy maps" or "I dont play AR7 ever", thats what the tournament is for, finding the best OVERALL player. Not the fastest one, not the best streamer.
5. Preparing opponent vise. This is a bit harder task to do in a 2 day tournament when you get to know your opponents 1day-15mins before the match, but i had a player in one of my earlier tournaments who could EASILY upset his group by quickly scouting through their plays and banning what was their best/picking what was their worst.
6. N E V E R G I V E U P. Dropping combo doesn't mean you can't win, always play to the end, maybe he fails or something.
AppleSun
Player Name: AppleSun
Current Rank: #128105
Nationality: Russian
Favourite Map?: FELT - In my room Hi,again. \o
Killerbyte
What tbag said above is pretty much on point.
And I am sorry if i get cocky at times but its just my desire to win and the hype that makes me do it xD.
Brentin
Player Name: iiSymboLz_HD
Current Rank: 83301
Favourite Map?: Our Stolen Theory - United (L.A.O.S Remix) [Infinity]
N0thing
meaning that I should banhis good map (because he'll ban mine) and choose the mid?

E: Nah, I'm going to ban my 2 worst maps
Scyan

0Nothing0 wrote:

meaning that I should banhis good map (because he'll ban mine) and choose the mid?

E: Nah, I'm going to ban my 2 worst maps
Sometimes it's better banning maps to support your strengths rather than hinder your opponents weakness. :P
YonaMaikeru
Player Name: Srzega
Current Rank: 144167
Nationality: Canadian :)
Favourite Map?: Viva Happy // Mitchie M // Natsu [Insane]
Swell
Yo hey here I am for round 2

Name: Swell
Fav map: Dear You - DJ Genericname // Rue [Dear Rue]
ZheKen
Name: Zekken701
Fav map: Demetori - Furuki Yuanxian ~ Death Echo
JeremTheOuf
Player Name: JeremTheOuf
Current Rank: 181,436 (not enough time until next weekend to uprank much)
Nationality: France
Favourite Map?: not yet
spikn
Player Name: spikn
Current Rank:102,869
Nationality: Estonia
Favourite Map?: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/647685?m=0
CookieCrumblez
Player Name: Gytuxas1595
Current Rank:91,156
Nationality: Lithuania
Favourite Map?: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/647685?m=0
CookieCrumblez
I hope i will be allowed to join this :)
Topic Starter
Tebz188

Gytuxas1595 wrote:

Hey little "disagreement" here and there just makes hosting these more fun, I'll add you when I have time.
OoTrillionoO

Gytuxas1595 wrote:

Why wouldn't you be allowed to join?
Astro
Player Name: AstroCore
Favorite Map: DJ Genericname - Dear You [Dear Rue]

Hope I'm not too late...
Devil Raidou
Player Name:Deliore
Current Rank:80,457
Nationality:Philippines
Favourite Map:Frightfully insane flan-chan's frightful song > https://osu.ppy.sh/b/114716
show more