forum

How to not play DT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya
My rank isn't the best and I'm worried that playing DT will hurt my improvement.
Firstly, should I try to not DT farm yet?
If yes, what kind of nomod maps should I be playing? I feel like nomods that are worth any meaningful pp are so out of my skill level. I can't really explain why they are so much harder for me, they just are. DT just seems so much easier with much more rewards in comparison.

My first goal is definitely to get better though rather than to just climb ranks. If someone can give me some advice or convince me that sticking with nomod or some other mod combination is the way to go, I'll do it.
Mahogany
Becoming dependent on DT for PP is never a good thing
trebby
It doesn't matter if you choose to play DT or not to. If you want to get better I suggest you experiment with all types of mods, and go with what you like best.
chainpullz
-Makishima S-
I feel like nomods that are worth any meaningful pp are so out of my skill level. I can't really explain why they are so much harder for me, they just are.
Progressing via nomod require more patient and work but skillwise depending on patterns reading and complexity - more rewardable.
DT will definitly improve your overall speed.

Normal 4,5-5* nomod map is more complex than 4,5-5* "after-DT" map. That's why it looks more difficult but if you actualy just play game and enjoy it, you will get there one day.
trebby
If you want to continue with nomod, you should be playing the longer 3-5 maps with 1000+ combo.
Barusamikosu
Don't stress yourself so much. Playing DT increases your speed potential which actually makes nomod easier as long as you aren't avoiding it. Playing any challenging nomod map that you feel you can FC will help you make progress with that specifically.
Topic Starter
HiroshiKamiya

CuboidBeats wrote:

If you want to continue with nomod, you should be playing the longer 3-5 maps with 1000+ combo.
Yeah I'm guilty of only playing TV - size or short songs. Every time I play a long song, I get so nervous by the end. Definitely going to practice them more though.
sottovoce
If you're good at accuracy you should play DT
buny
anything is worth pp but you're retarded so idk
ithgyu
who cares, your gonna have to play dt eventually if you want to be fast
Kuuma
Honestly just play whatever you want. I consider myself a nomod player who can play all the mods (except flashlight). IMO hardrock is the best mod for increasing skill. But for pp just play what you can for the pp.
KanoSet
play whatever you find enjoyable
Vuelo Eluko
i just took a long enough break from it and played lower ar's enough that it feels really awkward and difficult to play 9.67 and after 1 play of fumbling and failing at it i give up and go back to comfy ones
yumi

HiroshiKamiya wrote:

How to not play DT
dont select the mod??
Risa
If u dont play this game at all u will never play DT. As simple as that.