forum

144hz monitor halp pls

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
So I'm thinking of buying a 144hz monitor but my budget is like pretty damn low lol, I found this one for 209$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824236313

So my question is if anyone has/had this monitor and whether it's a good one to buy cause I have no clue lmao, or if there's an even cheaper monitor around
Vuelo Eluko
there are 1022 reviews for that monitor right there on the site.

Hope i helped!
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

there are 1022 reviews for that monitor right there on the site.

Hope i helped!
I know, I have read some and seen good and bad things, but I'd like some input on this from someone who has knowledge about these things and not a -possibly biased- opinion from some random guy on that website who does or doesnt know what hes talking about + I'm wondering if there's any cheaper ones that I might have missed
Evaous
This post has been removed by an admin.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Evaous wrote:

I don't know about it but this thing looks legit http://www.ebay.com/itm/QNIX-QX2414-LED ... SwNSxVVYEw get it before it's gone 2 available
That one's 185 on newegg, but it has bad reviews so I'd rather go for Asus then since that's a brand I'm familiar with
Kert
http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/
Basically any of them.
PWM-Free monitors are great since people say that less strain for eyes (though I don't have this from my non-PWM-Free benq xl2411t but whatever)
kaiske
I have, it is good monitor I reccomend ;))
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Just as I wanted to check out, I found out they add another ~100$ for shipping and what not, so that deal is off the hook lol. Are they any other 144hz monitors around ~200$/€ that I may have missed?
TakuMii
Pretty sure the VG248QE has been the go-to 144Hz monitor for a while. There are much better monitors out there nowadays, but at that price point, you can't really go wrong with it.
MiTsuw
I also have this monitor, I bought it after a lot of researches and apparently it's the best option for this price range. It's definitely good tho it needs a bit of calibration for optimal color settings.
A Medic
I normally search up the name of the device I am buying on youtube and see if anyone has made a review of it.

You should try that before you buy it.
dung eater
psh we had 160 hz monitors back in 1998

you could cheap out and grab a crt, if you manage to find one and do some research on if it's a good model

what you do is look for crts, find out their model and max supported vertical refresh (look for 120 +->200hz i wish i had one)
TakuMii
^psh my monitor is 15 years old and can go up to 180Hz

Honestly though, at this point I'd rather just go for a 144Hz LCD. They're (slowly) getting more affordable, and you won't have to deal with hunting down a hard-to-find high end CRT and encountering problems caused by age.
MadBuddhist
Just remember that HDMI only goes to 60hz. I'm running a DP cable through my 120Hz monitor
IppE

MadBuddhist wrote:

Just remember that HDMI only goes to 60hz. I'm running a DP cable through my 120Hz monitor
HDMI has had support for 1080p120 since version 1.4a.