forum

P*Light - Gekkou Ranbu [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Akasha-
hmmm ... i will continue kepting, as it's enjoyable, fit with music and no unrankable issues.
and the img i sent that's 7k, not 8k, please check it again
Sandalphon
I think the pattern a just fine
Yes i do agree it's a bit hard for a H icon diff, but please do notice that part is kiai, as long as it fit the music and the diff, some burst partten makes 100% sense

edit: my 487 posts, yeah
puxtu

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

hmmm ... i will continue kepting, as it's enjoyable, fit with music and no unrankable issues.
and the img i sent that's 7k, not 8k, please check it again
No matter 7k or 8k, it is still not the same with 4k, you should keep that on your mind. And sorry it's not enjoyable, it's annoying infact.
Akasha-
okay ...
juankristal
Well, I want to give a little bit of an opinion here because I see some people complaining a little bit (not sure if me giving an opinion about a map is worth at all, but I kinda feel like doing that).

I just quickly testplayed both Novice and Advanced difs and I have to say that the gap, in my opinion, is a little bit too harsh. You are jumping from barely 1/4 doubles patterns like 1-3 (and some triples as well combined with jumps that in my opinion might be a little bit too much for a Novice but lets just skip that part) to almost no breaks "jumpstreams" at the end. I do believe using just steps should be better for the end, or at least just use the doubles between two full ticks.

Yes, technicaly speaking it doesnt have any unrankeable issue but the thing is that the dif gap between those two are a little bit too much. Imagine a normal tier player trying to transition to hard and they get stomp by this. The dif for me is cool but the spread is an issue.

About mapping that some people need to understand is that you are doing it for the whole community and you need to focus A LOT in spreads (at least in my opinion, one of the most important aspects of a mapset) because you are doing something that directly afects the reputation of the game so it has to be top tier.

Unrankeable stuff is not the thing that you should look for this dif because it is indeed cool but you need to look to other stuff in order to improve it even more. After all, thats the main goal that a mapper that aims for rank should have.

I hope that you can, at least, see my point of view about this and I wish you good luck with the qualify or re-qualify if you finally end up changing stuff.
stupud man

shionelove wrote:

for people who say scratches are uncomfortable:buy IIDX controller plz

00:40:135 (40135|3,40135|1,40135|0,40216|7,40243|0,40296|5,40296|2,40350|0,40377|4,40458|0,40458|1,40458|7) -
00:41:909 (41909|5,41909|1,41990|3,42070|1,42070|5,42070|7,42070|0) -

These sections are pretty ridiculous even with controller. 13 trills/chords paired with scratches are annoying to hit, unless you're wristscratching, which also makes the scratchwalls mentioned earlier hard to hit.

and yeah let me spend $50 on a controller just to play 1 song on this game
[ A v a l o n ]
OH PLEASE, open your eyes . . . throw out all of your hate away
advanced diff was really fine, and the pattern fits music very well
one thing, it's last KIAI time (the most epic part of that song) . . . i played it as a player in my level, it just just just really okay
and you guys still talking about gap or something . . .
please, novice diff is mostly follow strong lead synth sound . . . so, if that following other 1/4 sound , it can be make that diff worse
and advanced is mostly following synth + other more features, it just fine and pattern flows is very well made
see KK post in here p/4956727 that really make sense

think again before you guys disqualify a good stuff, there's still more worse 4K map outside that can be ranked nowadays
puxtu

Blocko wrote:

[4K EXHAUST]
00:33:038 to 00:40:780 - This section is calmer, yet is denser than 00:56:264 to 01:04:006 - , which is livelier than the previous section. Would highly recommend switching their densities around to match the song's atmosphere.
how about this thing. . .
how are you gonna explain that. . .
plz.. .
p l z . . .
blocko specifically point out this objective issue but spy just ignore that like it was never happened
Sandalphon
Now what, changed topic to the EXH?
There is nothing wrong whether changed or not, as u see Blocko use the word recommend
So maybe for somehow it will be better, but since the mapper makes his point which he dont want to do that way, we should respect his style and the pattern

Like we respect yours
Thx
[ A v a l o n ]
@pux
understand the word . . . it's "recommend" it's up to mapper will take it or not depend on how he is mapping each spesific sound
and yeah, you better to spend your time to mod other people beatmap that need to be helped by you
rather than spend your time here . . .
puxtu
atleast spy should explain why he keeping them, he can't just ignoring such a objective issue like that.

[ A v a l o n ] wrote:

and yeah, you better to spend your time to mod other people beatmap that need to be helped by you
rather than spend your time here . . .
you can't tell me what to do, I do whatever the fuck I want.
Akasha-
now whenever QATs said anything, we have to follow it? Well, it's still recomended, not marked as unrankable issues or something
This is our map, you can recomend us a mod, which help our map better but we also can reject it if it's not necessary and ruin the rhythm itself

(Like you do reject our mod in Let Me Hear)
puxtu

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

now whenever QATs said anything, we have to follow it? Well, it's still recomended, not marked as unrankable issues or something
This is our map, you can recomend us a mod, which help our map better but we also can reject it if it's not necessary and ruin the rhythm itself

(Like you do reject our mod in Let Me Hear)
now that you bring up an old drama, what expew said was really subjective. meanwhile here, spy used the wrong pattern at the wrong part. That's clearly an issue, not a subjective as "remove this ln, no long sound here" lol

or maybe you guys didn't know what subjective and objective means
Sandalphon

puxtu wrote:

wrong pattern at the wrong part.

if you need a explanation
p/3971283
p/3971584
you are welcome
AncuL
dont really want to join the drama, but in case this got disqualified, can you change 01:19:490 - into something like.... 1/2 snapping or whatever which goes too far from NOV difficulty, KK?

further mod will (probably) be taken if this got DQ'ed to make the difficultes jump not too far
Evening

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

Normal: 2 stars
Hard: 3,5 stars
still rankable, why not us?
I also test the diff over and over again, hardest patterns already removed!
Gap from normal to hard is totally fine for new comers
Thank you for modding!
m8 the density difference between these 2 may look quite big but it's quite close difficulty-wise

also i have no idea what's with this thread but i saw kakuranger so i replied
Akasha-
Sorry for using your map, but it have a gap that quite big too, and they need an example (ranked), so i used this for explaintion
but like you said, as long as it's fit with music and not too hard for the gap from normal to hard so it's fine then
I'm okay with the gap of kakuranger, just a little curious when people kept pointing us about the gap
And thank you for replied Evening

4K - 7K, it's still a gap, can we stop this case, now? Please, thank you

And someone please clean this thread
puxtu

SanadaYukimura wrote:

if you need a explanation
p/3971283
p/3971584
you are welcome
lol what are you smoking dude, I did explained nicely to expew's dq post on the first place. That's what spy didn't do in this thread.
IamKwaN
Wrong place to discuss other maps here, go to private message if you guys still want to continue your endless fights, thanks.
Ichigaki
D:
JSELENABELIEBER
can someone plz tell me how scratch jacks are allowed when this game doesn't support alternating scratch?
stupud man

cpot wrote:

can someone plz tell me how scratch jacks are allowed when this game doesn't support alternating scratch?
o!m actually does support alternating scratch, but the patterns are still pretty poor even with it imo. I already talked about how the song was bad with controller as well.
pocket-Gao
oh...hi 皆伝player
JSELENABELIEBER

stupud man wrote:

o!m actually does support alternating scratch, but the patterns are still pretty poor even with it imo. I already talked about how the song was bad with controller as well.

not really since for the second key-bind to register you have to release the first key. it's practically unusable.
stupud man

cpot wrote:

stupud man wrote:

not really since for the second key-bind to register you have to release the first key. it's practically unusable.
seriously? i actually never knew that. well in that case the scratch jacks are literally worse. like i said earlier i dont think it would hurt to just move those notes over to the other 7 keys

pocket-Gao wrote:

oh...hi 皆伝player
hi!
Arnaud
really fun map :)
Blocko
Hello again.

Clearly, a discussion still needs to take place about the current state of this mapset, so I have disqualified it for the time being. This way, we can collect and address everyone's current concerns on this mapset.

stupud man has brought up valid points about the scratches in victorica's 8K Leggendaria difficulty: p/4955986
The GDer himself hasn't given a proper response to his points, and currently, the patterns are really, really uncomfortable to do. Even though it's justified that it's mapped the way it is because of the vocal, judging by the replays, the way the patterns are mapped is still in a really uncomfortable fashion. No one has ever gotten above a 98% on this difficulty, which is pretty much an issue in terms of playability.
Also, the dual-scratch mechanic is still not fully supported for osu!mania. Even though we're still waiting for its implementation, it's best if we qualify maps specific to osu!'s current state.

juankristal also brought up points of discussion about the difficulty progression from 4K NOVICE Lv.9 to KK's 4K ADVANCED Lv.12: p/4957853
Even though there isn't any unrankable issue here, the progression is still harsh because it transitions from simple patterns to light jumpstreams. A player transitioning to that would find it particularly jarring to jump from simple patterns to fast and complex ones. Unrankable issues aren't the only thing to look out for when qualifying a mapset. It also has to cover how the mapset progresses from the easiest difficulty to the hardest so the whole mapset has an overall smooth progression from start to finish.

Furthermore, there weren't any proper responses from the mapper and the GDers about the previous DQ, and it seems that most of the concerns I have from this map remain unchanged. If you disagree, I'd really like a response from it so I can suggest alternatives for it (and others can pitch in on the matter as well.)

The word 'recommend' may have been used throughout the first disqualification post, but it doesn't mean the suggestions should be shrugged off and ignored. A valid reply to why you do not agree is still necessary so the whole community can suggest an alternative for the patterns you mapped in.

Once the points above have been addressed accordingly, you may look into requalifying this mapset. Until then, valid responses must be given.

Good luck!
Starry-
Whilst we're here, I'd like to quickly address something in regard to the spread of the 4K difficulties in this mapset. The spread gap isn't necessarily the issue, but rather the difficulty skew in the mapset.

As an example, I'd like to show you the average NPS of each difficulty. Albeit not representative of the true difficulty of each mapset, it still gives a rough idea in terms of density and describes the issue at hand:
NOVICE Lv.9: 4.8 NPS
ADVANCED Lv.12: 9.1 NPS
EXHAUST Lv.13: 10.4 NPS
INFINITE Lv.14: 11.4 NPS
GRAVITY Lv.15: 11.5 NPS
Judging from this, the gap between NOV and ADV is 4.3, whereas the gap between GRV and ADV is 2.4. This honestly shouldn't be the case. (This is a sort of reply to p/4956727 KK's post here - I really think these are completely different cases.)

An attempt to unify the spread difficulty should be made. The main issues with ADV are the dense parts here eg. 00:30:619 - to 00:31:748 -, 01:33:925 - to 01:35:135 -, 01:44:248 - to 01:45:458 - (dense streams with no gaps).

I'll be watching over this thread frequently with no tolerance for posts that aren't civil. Lets do our best to be constructive towards this mapset.
silentch
Why deranked? :(
I hope it will rank in the future :)
Ayachi-
weed
又再吵了
uccu
[Emiria]
cant reach everyones standard
no reply = no change
the technical problem is not my task,i have already posted this problem for nearly half a year
they tell me that it was underprogress?
also i think scratch is the important part of 7+1 maps
hard scratch pattern is really equal to unconfortable? did i not follow the music or what ?
is 8k equal to 7K with almost no LNs + just simple scratch ?
im really confused .i hope u can tell me the right ideas
stupud man

victorica_db wrote:

also i think scratch is the important part of 7+1 maps
hard scratch pattern is really equal to unconfortable? did i not follow the music or what ?
You followed the song with the patterns, but the way you made the patterns follow the song was done poorly. I understand that you think that scratches are an essential part of 7+1. I can agree there, however the way you used scratches throughout the rest of the song was more than enough. The only issues with the scratches are when they come in the 4-5 note scratchwalls. If this map were to be played on an IIDX controller, maybe it would be better, almost easier. However, almost nobody in the o!m community plays on an IIDX controller. Keyboard players will have an extremely hard time with this song, as seen earlier when nobody was able to get above a 98 on it (also one of the people on the leaderboards was a BM player, he's 9th insane dan in LR2 and got an 88% on this song, he even said he thought the scratches were bad). Like I said earlier, if you moved those scratch notes over to the other 7 keys and create a pattern out of that, the map would be much better. You did a good job with the rest of the map, and I hope to see you tweak your mapping style just a bit so you make better maps in the future.
PANDAAAAAAAA
Because this is osu!mania, we use keyboard. This isn't BMS, we not use IIDX controller.
Topic Starter
Spy
There is no 100% comfortable map for you. No matter which map.
Why there is no one complain while they are playing BMS stuffs? O2Jam stuffs even your Stepmania stuffs?
Why there are much circlejerk ranked map but only give a shit here. I swear if not because my friends bother me every day, I won't come back to rank this shit and try to get insulted by you guys.
I'd accept feedback here if it is worth me to change.
I'm wondering how many times you guys point this shit spread issue but really play it once.
Is your judgement absolute? I never think it is an issue.
While you guys talk about spread, then you just snap a part of 2 diffs to compare.
And say it is not about star rating but xxx's gap is too big. Why do you not to ask the fucking composer that why he compose a song which is hard to make a small gap for NOVICE and ADVANCED? So funny.
My NOVICE is almost 2.00, I can't add more shit. Also I'm sure if KK's diff reduce some notes for you, it will break its flow.
Sure there is no unrankable issues here. If there is someone have problem with the map, it could be discussed. But it is not mean I MUST change, isn't it?

Why I didn't reply anything here? It's just a bullshit shit that some kids point it is shit map is a problem that is a problem and whole map is a problem, even the mapper is a problem.
I'm still looking what the fuck you guys will shit here, but it didn't stop.

If you not going to help the map, get the fuck out then.
I'm not interested in listening your shits.
I'll reply again soon.
You could drop your opinions here but you'll never have any rights to teach mapper's how to do, players.
pocket-Gao
怎么又自爆
耍脾气害的不光是自己,还有别人
Topic Starter
Spy
我自爆?我提的哪一點不合理?
圖我又不想Rank,還不是有人天天煩我,真以為我稀罕
Akasha-
wow ...
MeowPaz
是我就放着不动了。干嘛ranked找气受
paperlens

MeowPaz wrote:

是我就放着不动了。干嘛ranked找气受
因为我喜歡邊緣hhhhhhh
stupud man

Spy wrote:

There is no 100% comfortable map for you. No matter which map.
Why there is no one complain while they are playing BMS stuffs? O2Jam stuffs even your Stepmania stuffs?
Why there are much circlejerk ranked map but only give a shit here. I swear if not because my friends bother me every day, I won't come back to rank this shit and try to get insulted by you guys.
I'd accept feedback here if it is worth me to change.
I'm wondering how many times you guys point this shit spread issue but really play it once.
Is your judgement absolute? I never think it is an issue.
-----------------------------
Why I didn't reply anything here? It's just a bullshit shit that some kids point it is shit map is a problem that is a problem and whole map is a problem, even the mapper is a problem.
I'm still looking what the fuck you guys will shit here, but it didn't stop.

If you not going to help the map, get the fuck out then.
I'm not interested in listening your shits.
I'll reply again soon.
You could drop your opinions here but you'll never have any rights to teach mapper's how to do, players.
I feel like this part can be directed towards me.

Yeah, there can't be anything 100% comfortable, but keep in mind that some players will be very comfortable with a map, and others won't. This is normal. However, when you take a map like victorica's, it's not comfortable for anybody who plays it. That isn't normal. Nobody complains with BMS stuff because it's comfortable for a certain set of players. The same goes for O2Jam and Stepmania.

Circlejerk shouldn't be used as a term. There's just groups of different mappers that try to get each others maps ranked and whatnot. However, some of these groups have maps that are of actual substance, while other groups don't.

I'm trying my best to give feedback here, and from what I can see, if you just ignore the angryposting, there is some actual feedback here. Sometimes you need to learn to understand and actually take critiques.

Although you may think the spread of maps is completely fine, that decision is unfortunately not up to you. Sorry.

----------------------

The problem is that you seem to not take critiques, you only view your maps from your perspective. I don't blame you either. It's tough to make a map and to have other people tell you it sucks. But that's just a part of the ranking process.

Me, along with many other people here are trying to help. Although some other people may sound angry when they post, it mainly has to do with past experiences with you from what I can see. If you just ignore their anger and try to make a couple of changes, you can improve your mapping ability overall. If you aren't interested in listening to critiques, you simply won't improve your mapping, and you will keep pushing maps that many top-ranking players won't like.

We do have the right to tell a mapper what is good and what is bad. Do they have to take every bit of advice? No, absolutely not. But should they take this advice into consideration, instead of immediately denying it? Absolutely.

If you don't want to make this public since this is just going to stir up a bunch of drama, PM me.
show more