forum

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fina
PUTAIN LE DIEU MDR
transcendental
Going to just reply like this to avoid massive quote blocks - I think there are many rhythmic choices that don't fully represent the song, such as a very large number of triples that you choose to skip, but that's okay if it is your style. There are still a few that are very definitely overmapped, though, such as the two quintuplets at 01:03:790 (1), the triple at 03:23:440 (3), the note at 05:40:041 (2) (3-5 are ok but there is no sound at 2), plus many triples that are mapped to relatively unnoticeable guitar sounds, and I think these at least are worth fixing. In addition, the combination of your choice to undermap triplets (which is fine on its own) and these small overmapping issues make them both very obvious and easily noticeable even when playing.

One other thing I noticed is that you use a less intense rhythm in the last kiai at 06:30:966 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6) than you do in the other two such as at 03:08:590 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6), which is a little counterintuitive to how the last kiai is the most intense. That's just a small detail though.

If you're still not willing to change that's on you, but I think these are relatively minor changes that would greatly improve the map.
Realazy
give musty kds thx
Izzz

Ponoyoshi wrote:

transcendental wrote:

01:03:790 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Listen closely to the song here. There is a noticeable triple starting on 01:04:090 (5) that you ignored completely, while overmapping this 5 note burst even though there is no significant sound on any of the blue ticks here - in fact, these are some of the few blue ticks in this section that DON'T have a guitar note on them. A rhythm that correctly represents the song would be something more like this. Yeah it's possible to add a triple on 1:03 but increasing stess on 01:04:240 (6) - was better imo. A triple would still emphasize 01:04:240 (6), and you did not answer my main concern which is that there is no blue tick rhythm at all on 01:03:865 (2) and 01:04:015 (4). I simply make that quintuple stream to repeat the last one on 01:03:790 (1) - thats simply a repetition like the song.
In that case, could you explain why the burst at 01:03:790 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - was overmapped?
zigizigiefe
wtf?through the fire and flames again?oki
Topic Starter
PoNo

Joezapy wrote:

01:03:790 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Listen closely to the song here. There is a noticeable triple starting on 01:04:090 (5) that you ignored completely, while overmapping this 5 note burst even though there is no significant sound on any of the blue ticks here - in fact, these are some of the few blue ticks in this section that DON'T have a guitar note on them. A rhythm that correctly represents the song would be something more like this. Yeah it's possible to add a triple on 1:03 but increasing stess on 01:04:240 (6) - was better imo. A triple would still emphasize 01:04:240 (6), and you did not answer my main concern which is that there is no blue tick rhythm at all on 01:03:865 (2) and 01:04:015 (4). I simply make that quintuple stream to repeat the last one on 01:03:790 (1) - thats simply a repetition like the song.

In that case, could you explain why the burst at 01:03:790 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - was overmapped? I don't know, this looks not overmapped for me, and It cause no problems for the Gameplay and nobody noticed me that was overmapped, maybe in 25% its looks bad but at 100% I don't see any problem on that one :/
riktoi

zigizigiefe wrote:

wtf?through the fire and flames again?oki
fucking WinDEU lmao
iYiyo

Lumy wrote:

Too late for further mods.
You know what the qualified section is for? You even have a ranked map and you dont know lol

I haven't played the map yet, but when I saw these mods after flame I knew the map creator was gonna deny everything because he dont want his map get DQ. Maybe you should really take note and try to improve your map!

Anyway, grats on ranked

EDIT: Now seeing the map more in detail I want to give my 2¢.

1. First of all I want to say that I really liked you mapping style xd
  2. Since you have gutiar hero 3 in tags, I really expected the intro to be mapped, it just made me a bit sad :c Highly recommend you to map this for the sake of the song and for all the people that like it aswell. Quite disappointed here :/
  3. 02:07:840 (4) - This could be very subjective but I think most of people could agree somehow. Since guitar give a very significant sound, it's very awkward to play this slider with 1x SV... I'd have fit way better with more SV imo, would have been more epic (?
  4. 03:42:190 (1) - Don't know why you map only this circle and not the rest the the music provides here? Yeah you might want to give a break, but placing a few single circles is equal to a normal break...
  5. 03:49:390 - subjective, but a spinner here would've been great!
  6. 04:59:766 - Here you do some good streams that the music supports, but 04:51:366 (1) - 04:56:166 (1,2) - these slider just don't make sense at all. On the rest of the diff you're mapping the stream kinda well, but here you're just skipping some that are truly some strong streams. I highly believe that making them streams instead of slow slider is worth more.
  7. 05:26:766 (9) - This is a good placed slider. The previous sliders aren't imo D:
  8. 05:32:766 (5) - subjective, but making this some curvy slider that represent guitars would have been much better.
  9. 07:02:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - Really don't know why you're skipping all those beats. It's like you mapped some drums and not the guitars BUT something that I could realize is that you map 07:04:416 (5) - while having no drums which is kinda inconsistent... Well, it's weird because for example 06:57:366 - here you follow guitar instead of drums which is totally fine because it fits the gameplay BUT 07:02:166 - then here you follow drums? Like they don't actually represent the real music here. it's like totally off imo.
  10. 07:04:266 (4,5) - However this low DS was a bit weird to play too
  11. 07:19:266 (5,1,1) - idk but the DS doesn't seem to represent well the time gaps. Would have added more DS 07:19:266 (5,1) - between those.
Anyway, I'm pointing those stuff because I really like you mapping styles and some of them doens't feel to correspond it. I also do believe this can be one of the best map of the year, but still can be improved, just a bit for the sake of epicness and playability! Please consider checking them instead of denying everything because of the DQ. After all DQ's exists with the purpose of improving a map througout community feedback.
Topic Starter
PoNo

iYiyo wrote:

Lumy wrote:

Too late for further mods.
You know what the qualified section is for? You even have a ranked map and you dont know lol
lol this message isn't from me ;;

I haven't played the map yet, but when I saw these mods after flame I knew the map creator was gonna deny everything because he dont want his map get DQ. Maybe you should really take note and try to improve your map!

Anyway, grats on ranked

EDIT: Now seeing the map more in detail I want to give my 2¢.

1. First of all I want to say that I really liked you mapping style xd
  2. Since you have gutiar hero 3 in tags, I really expected the intro to be mapped, it just made me a bit sad :c Highly recommend you to map this for the sake of the song and for all the people that like it aswell. Quite disappointed here :/
  3. 02:07:840 (4) - This could be very subjective but I think most of people could agree somehow. Since guitar give a very significant sound, it's very awkward to play this slider with 1x SV... I'd have fit way better with more SV imo, would have been more epic (?
  4. 03:42:190 (1) - Don't know why you map only this circle and not the rest the the music provides here? Yeah you might want to give a break, but placing a few single circles is equal to a normal break...
  5. 03:49:390 - subjective, but a spinner here would've been great!
  6. 04:59:766 - Here you do some good streams that the music supports, but 04:51:366 (1) - 04:56:166 (1,2) - these slider just don't make sense at all. On the rest of the diff you're mapping the stream kinda well, but here you're just skipping some that are truly some strong streams. I highly believe that making them streams instead of slow slider is worth more.
  7. 05:26:766 (9) - This is a good placed slider. The previous sliders aren't imo D:
  8. 05:32:766 (5) - subjective, but making this some curvy slider that represent guitars would have been much better.
  9. 07:02:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - Really don't know why you're skipping all those beats. It's like you mapped some drums and not the guitars BUT something that I could realize is that you map 07:04:416 (5) - while having no drums which is kinda inconsistent... Well, it's weird because for example 06:57:366 - here you follow guitar instead of drums which is totally fine because it fits the gameplay BUT 07:02:166 - then here you follow drums? Like they don't actually represent the real music here. it's like totally off imo.
  10. 07:04:266 (4,5) - However this low DS was a bit weird to play too
  11. 07:19:266 (5,1,1) - idk but the DS doesn't seem to represent well the time gaps. Would have added more DS 07:19:266 (5,1) - between those.
Anyway, I'm pointing those stuff because I really like you mapping styles and some of them doens't feel to correspond it. I also do believe this can be one of the best map of the year, but still can be improved, just a bit for the sake of epicness and playability! Please consider checking them instead of denying everything because of the DQ. After all DQ's exists with the purpose of improving a map througout community feedback.
Ok, to be on point with that, I'm not also "DENYING" everything, i'm agreed with a lot of points of theses mods but consider, I mapped this map 1 year ago, 6 month later I reworked it totally, 3 month later I do a smaller rework, ok, this map is maybe cool etc etc, BUT there is some MINOR mistakes I admit it and i'll not refuse that... but actually the map is qualify also this is not in conflict with the ranking criteria and also "Rankable" so i'll just say no to most of minor points simply because If I start to take in consideration some rythms points I have to remap the WHOLE map once again, and I just wont, I'm just tired to see this in pending in my profil and kinda disgusted of the song, I ear him SO much time lol, so, The map is actually really good (after lot of comebacks) it can be sure BETTER but.. I'll just say no and let the map like that, just a personnal choice. Sorry about that :/
iYiyo
Sad to read that. Anyway, GL.
DeletedUser_4329079
https://wallpapers.wallhaven.cc/wallpap ... 367187.png

higher quality background in case anyone wants it

Edit: awesome map btw
Aireu
04:51:366 (1) - this is cancer if you are a player please fix
Topic Starter
PoNo

Default wrote:

https://wallpapers.wallhaven.cc/wallpapers/full/wallhaven-367187.png

The maximum size of a beatmap is 1920x1080, can't do more ^^
Topic Starter
PoNo

Aireu wrote:

04:51:366 (1) - this is cancer if you are a player please fix
Why lol, never noticed this pattern

(fail double post sorry)
DeletedUser_4329079

Ponoyoshi wrote:

Default wrote:

You can use it as I am using it right now, just delete the previous one and drag and drop in the editor, save and update the beatmap, the new background will stay. That limitation is only for ranking beatmaps.

Here's a 1080p one anyway http://puu.sh/tEpfr.png
Topic Starter
PoNo

Default wrote:

You can use it as I am using it right now, just delete the previous one and drag and drop in the editor, save and update the beatmap, the new background will stay. That limitation is only for ranking beatmaps.

Here's a 1080p one anyway http://puu.sh/tEpfr.png
But I can't cause the SB is done with the same image, also I can't change that !
DeletedUser_4329079
Yeah it's also already qualified so it's too late for changing it, but people can change it temselves if they feel like it with that file (as long as they end up finding my post huh) or even if they just like it and want to use it as desktop background as it is pretty nice.
Topic Starter
PoNo

Default wrote:

Yeah it's also already qualified so it's too late for changing it, but people can change it temselves if they feel like it with that file (as long as they end up finding my post huh) or even if they just like it and want to use it as desktop background as it is pretty nice.
Qualified or NOT the image size can't be better than this, and also If I want to change it I have to redo every assets for the SB also can't be change
kkk
Hey!

I think you should change preview point to catch the full phrase "So far away...".
Topic Starter
PoNo
for me this is it, I think this is the website bugged :/
kkk

Ponoyoshi wrote:

I just checked the editor, preview point set at 01:37:090 - , while the phrase starts at 01:36:415 -
Yeah, maybe it's some kind of bug
Topic Starter
PoNo

kkk wrote:

Ponoyoshi wrote:

I just checked the editor, preview point stays at 01:37:090 - , while the phrase starts at 01:36:415 -
Yeah, maybe it's some kind of bug
Yep I do this cause IG the offset is good at this point, its a bug from the game, I already tryied to fix it but I can't also If I put my preview on 1:36 the preview will be at 35 :/, I know this is not right placed on the editor but it's good for the game preview
Irreversible
Hi!

I'll have to DQ this map because combo colour 1 and 2 are too similar. Please fix that up.

It's also been mentioned by a QAT member that 04:42:119 (1) - the hitsounds here appear to be too spammy for this section. Please investigate.

As there was quite some discussion beforehand, you might want to go over this again as well.

Have a nice day!
Sonnyc

Irreversible wrote:

Hi!

I'll have to DQ this map because combo colour 1 and 2 are too similar. Please fix that up.
I thought I've already pointed this out when you contacted me last time >_>
DeletedUser_4329079

Ponoyoshi wrote:

Default wrote:

Qualified or NOT the image size can't be better than this, and also If I want to change it I have to redo every assets for the SB also can't be change
It is true that backgrounds in the SB would have be remade, but your map is currently using a 1366x768 background wich is not as high as it can be (it seems like you believe you are using a 1080p background?)

Topic Starter
PoNo

Sonnyc wrote:

Hi!

I thought I've already pointed this out when you contacted me last time >_>
Yeah I dunno how I just forgot this, think I've just not saved the modification.. mb

Default wrote:

It is true that backgrounds in the SB would have be remade, but your map is currently using a 1366x768 background wich is not as high as it can be (it seems like you believe you are using a 1080p background?)

I CAN'T change this omg... the SB is done with this picture, If I change one I have to change every pictures and I don't want, 1366 is allowed to use.

Also, fixed the combo color, Changed the Hitsounds and changed 01:58:240 (4) - with a slider instead of reverse (overmap) also changed 01:03:790 (1) -

Fixed preview point
Nozhomi
I'm ok with the changes, Ponoyoshi took a look again at previous suggestions and changed what he thoughts was good.

I don't see any reason to hold it back again.

Ethan
hype again!! :)
Kyubey

For some reason I wasn't receiving email notifications from this thread.
pkk
the preview time being bugged maybe has something to do with multiple timing points with different bpm between the first point and the preview, although im not sure because rozeand kibb's masterpiece both have a million points between the beginning and preview and the preview is fine. But then u look at Uta and its preview is later than it should be on the web, which is what happens with this map + my version of this song 2 years ago
Topic Starter
PoNo

pkk wrote:

the preview time being bugged maybe has something to do with multiple timing points with different bpm between the first point and the preview, although im not sure because rozeand kibb's masterpiece both have a million points between the beginning and preview and the preview is fine. But then u look at Uta and its preview is later than it should be on the web, which is what happens with this map + my version of this song 2 years ago
Yeah fixed it !
Pentori
for anyone else that encounters this preview bug, you'll have to reset ur mp3

use audio editing software that doesn't re-encode (such as mp3directcut) to save your mp3, then replace your old mp3 with the new
this way you won't lose any quality
zigizigiefe
waitin' for re-hype
Pentori
zigizigiefe
Re-gratz..but preview point is kinda awkward.(-Soooooooulssssss..So far awaaaaaaay....)

03:02:890 - preview point here..that would be better
Topic Starter
PoNo

zigizigiefe wrote:

Re-gratz..but preview point is kinda awkward.(-Soooooooulssssss..So far awaaaaaaay....)

What lol ? thats the same thing man xD
Pentori

zigizigiefe wrote:

redownload the map
zigizigiefe

Ponoyoshi wrote:

What lol ? thats the same thing man xD

Pentori wrote:

zigizigiefe wrote:

redownload the map
Oops,my bad xD
Zerss
best of 2k17
Lonesome Dreams_old
This is awesome! Love that!
show more