forum

Things you'd like to see most in ranked mania maps? (poll)

posted
Total Posts

Things (or changes) you'd like to see most in ranked mania maps

More easy maps targeted towards beginning mania players (for any keymode)
4.51%
More difficult maps targeted towards 'ET' players (for any keymode)
14.83%
More "anti-meta" keys ranked (any keymode excluding 4K or 7K)
7.56%
Ability to rank keys outside of 4~9K (1K, 2K, 3K, 10K+)
3.92%
Wider variety of song choices in mania maps
14.53%
Higher quality of maps in general
16.72%
Ability to rank maps like dump files (may have ghost notes but generally follow the song)
7.70%
Ability to separate the mania rankings by keymode (ex. 4K has a separate ranking from 7K)
15.99%
Ability for unranked mods (DT, RD, etc.) to be rankable (with some balance changes)
12.06%
Other
2.18%
Total votes: 688
show more
Rilene

Lenfried- wrote:

Faster? Yes. Easy? Not really, if you're after a quality diff.

At least this applies to me. Also, I find the process of mapping non-GD easy stuff painful because I have to exercise variety between diffs and it doesn't fully express the music (undermapping).
Well, trying to do a quality easy map will just took extra 50% time, as you check notes, which aren't that much compared to harder diffs.

By quality, I only mean in terms of patterning.
Flanster
Less noodle shenanigans. (I'm serious.)
Bobbias
LN maps are already underrepresented. If you don't like LNs, don't play LN maps, it's that simple.
Elementaires

LoliFlan wrote:

theres not even LN maps lmao
Kamikaze

LoliFlan wrote:

More noodle shenanigans. (I'm serious.)
I agree!
Tidek

Elementaires wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

theres not even LN maps lmao
ok. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/130543
Kamikaze
Okay, that's one properly hard LN map out there, there's a really low amount of those ranked anyway. Would like to see more of those and more well mapped heavy SV gimmick maps as well.
ArcherLove

Rilene wrote:

SDVX and TV size maps is easier to rank compared to others in o!m. ;-;

hard to get BN for LN, mind help?
yeah, it's just I know that most of the BN is busy, and so people will consider for not requesting and then the map can't be ranked

Look at the BN userpage, and actually most of them is "busy/weekend/exam"

omg
Elementaires

ArcherLove wrote:

Rilene wrote:

yeah, it's just I know that most of the BN is busy, and so people will consider for not requesting and then the map can't be ranked

omg
except for their friends orz
Drum-Hitnormal
make 200mb fully keysounded 5min map rankeable please
Rilene

ArcherLove wrote:

Rilene wrote:

omg
I didn't mean about BN.
I mean it is just easier to rank those TV Size & SDVX than other type maps, not the amount of BN and their status.

There is one case where map got bubbled without mods, though... On standard map but does not matter anyway because of ranking system is the same.
JamesHappy

dudehacker wrote:

Im okay with fully keysounded maps but, 200mb?! That's absurd.
Bobbias
Have you seen how big some BMS songs are? 200mb is not insane when you're talking about fully keysounded charts.
Prim

Bobbias wrote:

Have you seen how big some BMS songs are? 200mb is not insane when you're talking about fully keysounded charts.
e.g. Re:Lily Clock in BOF2013 is 2.5GB unzipped. (with the .bmp images for the clock taking up the majority of the size.)
abraker

JamesHappy wrote:

dudehacker wrote:

Im okay with fully keysounded maps but, 200mb?! That's absurd.
osu! needs a central directory from which to load hitsounds from to avoid duplication.

LoliFlan wrote:

Hmmm... kinda. I want less 7k noodles and more 4k noodles. The days which had trouble with 4k noodles are gone and really want some good 4k noodle maps. So far, I'm stuck with ones all of which are unranked. hmmm topic idea.
Cra Dow
Ability to rank 10 key maps, ranked 10k mod, not splitstage 10 key.
Inkling
If they ever make 200mb songs rank-able I hope there's a "Low quality" or "non-keysounded" version to download too.

Don't wanna resort to swapping HDD rofl
Bobbias
Considering there's already the no-video downloads option it wouldn't take too much more work to get a no-keysounds one working.
PiXL
rank sm maps stop ranking the current om meta

thanks bye
Wh1teh

PiXL wrote:

thanks bye
If you only want sm maps, surely there will be no obstacles for you to just continue playing sm.
PiXL

Wh1teh wrote:

PiXL wrote:

thanks bye
If you only want sm maps, surely there will be no obstacles for you to just continue playing sm.
But if sm maps get ranked here then i can swing around my big 240 bpm jumpstream PP :^)
Babu24
i want dt to be ranked
abraker

Babu24 wrote:

i want dt to be ranked
[FX] AEM
repetitive pattern should be allowed
Grassgrow
Can be charts be ranked that were 100% copied from other VSRGs like o2jam? For example if I remade all the difficulties 1:1 with the same BG and all, could it be ranked?
Elekton

WorldsWorst wrote:

Can be charts be ranked that were 100% copied from other VSRGs like o2jam? For example if I remade all the difficulties 1:1 with the same BG and all, could it be ranked?
I'm pretty sure it works so that you need to have permission from the original creator (see IcyWorld's statement on their stepmania charts)
Shoegazer

WorldsWorst wrote:

No, the ranking criteria says that you need to make the most difficulties (or at least tied with) in a given mapset. Even if you're given permission to remake the difficulties, you still have to make some others to ensure that you have the most difficulties in that mapset.

You can edit the chart and make the charts different enough to make it similar to a collab (or an entirely different chart altogether), but you're basically redoing the entire thing if you want to do something like that because you have to keep layering consistencies in check. Minor pattern changes don't count as "making the chart different enough".