also here's episode 1 if you're interested

i found them rather enjoyable
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

also here's episode 1 if you're interested
i found them rather enjoyable
Well this is gonna be fun too watch.
Magicphoenix
Here is the best guide I have found for DOTA 2 so far, hands down.
Was always lurking between 5000-5100 for the past year but went up to 5475 MMR in just 2 weeks by just following these simple rules. Of course, I'm only just at the beginning.
My opponents hate me for it

http://ramonthomas.com/downloads/How_To ... People.pdf

Go to page 22 if you want to read the best parts only and enjoy your for-sure-way to improve your DOTA 2 experience as well as many other things
Remco32
How does Carnegie relate to bettering your game? I'm not sure how the positive reinforcement is going to make the Russian shitters play better.
Pizzicato
Vuelo Eluko
is it a bad idea to pick one hero and stick with it when you just start out? it sure seems to work out in ranked..

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91712766
Tshemmp
Well it's getting good for getting good with this one particular hero, but in my opinion to get good in Dota in general you should play a diversity of heroes (and also positions).
AutoMedic
Im buying Shard of Vengeance for Anti-Mage. Your price. Negotiable
Remco32

Riince wrote:

is it a bad idea to pick one hero and stick with it when you just start out? it sure seems to work out in ranked..

If you are learning: yes. No need to understand a new hero each game AND try to get a general understanding of Dota itself at the same time.
AutoMedic

Riince wrote:

It's understundable since you're a newbie

Once you got the advanced mechanics, feel free to play other heroes

Dota is really fun with friends, so try to find guys that have a good experience and play with them. Im definately sure you'll learn with them
ndz

deadbeat wrote:

Nice share~ i Like it :D
Vuelo Eluko

Sonatora wrote:

Riince wrote:

It's understundable since you're a newbie

Once you got the advanced mechanics, feel free to play other heroes

Dota is really fun with friends, so try to find guys that have a good experience and play with them. Im definately sure you'll learn with them
i think im learning pretty fast on my own, i watch streams, mostly tournaments, a lot and take notes. i did just have my first 'high skill' game in ranked although im not entirely sure what that means since dotabuff is weird and obfuscated as all hell...

the thing is all the friends i could play with, they are all even newer than me, thats why i play solo ranked in the first place :(

im a very low level player [24] so when I queue i dont meet experienced players so its hard to find people like you mention. It's further exacerbated by the fact that the only time i do normals im queue'd with a friend who is level 10 or below... so where would you recommend i look to find a mentor?
phaZ

the dream is real <3
AutoMedic
Remco32
Can I get a tl;dr on these updates?
AutoMedic

Remco32 wrote:

Can I get a tl;dr on these updates?
tl;dr : matchfixing is shit and shit people should be banned playing competitively

i can't stress enough that mineski can pull this off

imeanwut
AutoMedic
The new item-drop system is kinda cool

Now, the game will drop full sets (including loading screens), arcanas, HUD's even at level one.

The drops are now based from time played rather than level based (it probably means that rarer item drops have a higher percentage of dropping the longer the match you're in)

Also, new treasure came out (although it's shitty)

other than that, more bugfixes and probably no diretide
Remco32
Can't wait for the oh so creative minds of the internet to spam car company Volvo yet again.
Tshemmp
Why? It was made clear by Valve already months ago that there will be no Diretide this year.
Remco32

Tshemmp wrote:

Why? It was made clear by Valve already months ago that there will be no Diretide this year.
It's like you truly think that'll stop them.
Nwolf
Didn't they already said last year that there'll be no Diretide 2013 and then there was one after Halloween
Triskelion91

Remco32 wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

It's like you truly think that'll stop them.
I think people will choose compendium goals and actual game updates this year rather than diretide.
AutoMedic

Tshemmp wrote:

link nevermind, found it
Tshemmp

Nwolf wrote:

Didn't they already said last year that there'll be no Diretide 2013 and then there was one after Halloween
No, they didn't tell beforehand there won't be Diretide 2013, that's why everyone was so surprised and the GIVE DIRETIDE happened (ignoring the fact they never announced a Diretide 2013 either). So then with all the complaining Valve decided to enable Diretide.
Pizzicato

dead thread
Gumpy

Pizzicato wrote:

dead thread
inb4 best hero in game.
AutoMedic
THE ORACLE LOOKS FUCKING SHITTY
Pizzicato
towerdiving you then purifying flames -> dagon? yeah most annoying shit ever
AutoMedic

Pizzicato wrote:

towerdiving you then purifying flames -> dagon? yeah most annoying shit ever
Aesthetically, he looks like a rotting faceless void with a tiara

Gameplay-wise, a really OP support-offlane-midlaner
AutoMedic
http://www.dota2.com/oracle/day2

The second day of the update hath arrived. Oracle will be coming soon in your official clients

A bunch of new stuff has been announced. New PA arcana, New tresure, The statue thingy, new mega creeps model, and a prediction

Nemesis Assassin is also a new event announced with the conjunction of the event

Broodmother and Phoenix got enabled in Captains Mode

I am fucking pissed on that spider for some reason, as for phoenix i'm really excited
Mercurial
The only thing I'm thinking about is that the event is unfair if you have (or one of your friends) to afford almost $30 if you want to play it.

Step it up, volvo.
AutoMedic
The mechanics should change, yes

Probably a reward on the non-PA arcana owners. It's just not good to pay 30$ for a damn event

in my case i wont pay a thousand pesos for this
AutoMedic
LISTEN UP PEOPLE

THEY CHANGE THE MECHANICS. Ranked wont be affected by the Nemesis Event anymore.

Check the update page for more
Ceph23
so apparently, you don't need to own the arcana, you just need someone on any team to own the arcana to activate the event.
Time for some solo queue.
Tshemmp
Haha nice, someone on my friend list got the arcana, time to queue up and play some games with him.
AutoMedic

Ceph23 wrote:

so apparently, you don't need to own the arcana, you just need someone on any team to own the arcana to activate the event.
Time for some solo queue.
Thanks to you, PA will be the most picked hero now

isweartogod

also, alot of noob oracles
Pizzicato
i have 2 friends that have the arcana and we're planning to do it tomorrow
\:D/
Magicphoenix
How many Oracles do I have to beat solo mid before they realize it's useless putting him mid.
Get him on the offlane or as support, but he should definitely not be a 1-2 position core guys

Also, never focus enemy core when Oracle is alive, it's basically death to your team
AutoMedic

Magicphoenix wrote:

How many Oracles do I have to beat solo mid before they realize it's useless putting him mid.
Get him on the offlane or as support, but he should definitely not be a 1-2 position core guys

Also, never focus enemy core when Oracle is alive, it's basically death to your team
Oracle is really good in the midlane

He is a counter to those physical junglers such as lone druid etc.Also, once hr got a fucking level five dagon, all hells breaks lose
show more