best strat give enemy hugs
they wont know what to do
then shoot a techies at them
Pizzicato
Tshemmp
Chuan10032
As a tinker player, I am very sad with this patch
GladiOol
Riki became a league of legends hero. Juking and warding just became 10x easier. The bounty rune seems... I don't know. Silly. I don't like it so far but I have to see it in action. Weaver will be top pick every game together with terrorblade and legion commander. Venomancer will be high tier as well from what I can see.
BrokenArrow
I haven't played this game for more than 2 hours but from reading the patch notes I think snowballing has been reduced by a pretty significant amount with this patch, similar to what happened to League of Legends a couple months ago. I might try the game out again once the patch hits live.
Nwolf
I love how Doom doesn't mute passives anymore. They also gave more chances to counter LC which I loved to see as well. The removal of Composite, Universal and HP Removal seems kinda weird but in the end they were not needed anyway.

I wonder how new PL plays tho
Magicphoenix
Roamig Riki is real.

Buy Orb of Venom, Max Smoke Screen, kill heroes.
+ SM and any enemy lane hero dies
AutoMedic

Nwolf wrote:

I love how Doom doesn't mute passives anymore. They also gave more chances to counter LC which I loved to see as well. The removal of Composite, Universal and HP Removal seems kinda weird but in the end they were not needed anyway.

I wonder how new PL plays tho
PL will have less cancer right now since they changed his Juxtapose i think
Pizzicato
blood rite is too OP (._. )
PL doppelganger is like CK's ult and reality rift combined. too many disjoint frames

tho i can say that im very happy with this patch
i get to say goodbye to tinker
Ceph23
Lycan just keeps gets getting weaker every patch -_-
Also this PL rework sounds incredibly interesting.
Pizzicato

i experienced it on a game myself
enemies were so far behind so i went yolo
then they punished me for doing so
fucking 9k gold weight.
deadbeat
wait, what...
what just happened in that video o.O
Remco32
Yeah that sums this patch up quite well. Expect you or the enemy to have items out of thin air because of this.
Pizzicato

also

time to farm some MMR
Nwolf
this really is a feature isn't it

You know, I liked the patch until now. BUT AT LEAST I CAN PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS AND ACTUALLY WIN
Pizzicato
Tshemmp
Patch tl;dr

matimati

Mom, I must end this match. :D
Remco32
Gold nerved

Again
http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/14529/

For the Dota 1 veterans: did Icefraud ever backpaddle out of an update this much?
Tshemmp
You remember the patch when Centaur got reworked and got his totally overpowered ultimate (it used to stun with more damage and a lower cooldown iirc) and Drow got her new aura which basically gave you free ranged mega creeps permanently? The back toning on these two heroes is the most I remember, but then again I hadn't been following the changelogs much 4 years ago so I probably missed many things back then. Also 1000 Phoenix reworks.
deadbeat
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

LOL
deadbeat
also here's episode 1 if you're interested

i found them rather enjoyable
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

also here's episode 1 if you're interested
i found them rather enjoyable
Well this is gonna be fun too watch.
Magicphoenix
Here is the best guide I have found for DOTA 2 so far, hands down.
Was always lurking between 5000-5100 for the past year but went up to 5475 MMR in just 2 weeks by just following these simple rules. Of course, I'm only just at the beginning.
My opponents hate me for it

http://ramonthomas.com/downloads/How_To ... People.pdf

Go to page 22 if you want to read the best parts only and enjoy your for-sure-way to improve your DOTA 2 experience as well as many other things
Remco32
How does Carnegie relate to bettering your game? I'm not sure how the positive reinforcement is going to make the Russian shitters play better.
Pizzicato
Vuelo Eluko
is it a bad idea to pick one hero and stick with it when you just start out? it sure seems to work out in ranked..

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91712766
Tshemmp
Well it's getting good for getting good with this one particular hero, but in my opinion to get good in Dota in general you should play a diversity of heroes (and also positions).
AutoMedic
Im buying Shard of Vengeance for Anti-Mage. Your price. Negotiable
Remco32

Riince wrote:

is it a bad idea to pick one hero and stick with it when you just start out? it sure seems to work out in ranked..

If you are learning: yes. No need to understand a new hero each game AND try to get a general understanding of Dota itself at the same time.
AutoMedic

Riince wrote:

It's understundable since you're a newbie

Once you got the advanced mechanics, feel free to play other heroes

Dota is really fun with friends, so try to find guys that have a good experience and play with them. Im definately sure you'll learn with them
ndz

deadbeat wrote:

Nice share~ i Like it :D
Vuelo Eluko

Sonatora wrote:

Riince wrote:

It's understundable since you're a newbie

Once you got the advanced mechanics, feel free to play other heroes

Dota is really fun with friends, so try to find guys that have a good experience and play with them. Im definately sure you'll learn with them
i think im learning pretty fast on my own, i watch streams, mostly tournaments, a lot and take notes. i did just have my first 'high skill' game in ranked although im not entirely sure what that means since dotabuff is weird and obfuscated as all hell...

the thing is all the friends i could play with, they are all even newer than me, thats why i play solo ranked in the first place :(

im a very low level player [24] so when I queue i dont meet experienced players so its hard to find people like you mention. It's further exacerbated by the fact that the only time i do normals im queue'd with a friend who is level 10 or below... so where would you recommend i look to find a mentor?
phaZ

the dream is real <3
AutoMedic
Remco32
Can I get a tl;dr on these updates?
AutoMedic

Remco32 wrote:

Can I get a tl;dr on these updates?
tl;dr : matchfixing is shit and shit people should be banned playing competitively

i can't stress enough that mineski can pull this off

imeanwut
show more