forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Remco32

GladiOol wrote:

And I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for an Escape Gay Heaven maze game.
Why am I not surprised?
Pizzicato
warlocks for custom map please
deadbeat

Pizzicato wrote:

well, we have this
Ceph23

deadbeat wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

well, we have this
I tried to play this, but getting connected to a game took forever.
Chuan10032
https://www.facebook.com/cloud9gg/photo ... =1&theater

Cloud9
Jack Etienne, Cloud9 Team Owner
"Today we’re announcing that SingSing will be leaving Cloud9 to play with another team. It was an absolute pleasure working with him and I’ll miss having him as part of our organization. He is a rare talent that not only is extremely skilled at the game but also a fantastic entertainer who is able to connect with the fans in a way that few players ever do. Doubtless he will continue to perform at a high level and I’m looking forward to seeing him at future events."

SingSing
"It has been one of the most exciting and fun periods in my life... Thanks to Cloud9 and my former team mates! I wish you good luck for the next season of DotA 2 and I will be forward looking to play against you as well. My new team is already in the works, but like many teams, only time and experience will tell it's success.

A big shoutout to all the people who have followed me through my esports journey all the way and of course the ones who have tagged along halfway through. And once again, thank you Cloud9 for taking care of me during my stay on the team!"
wat
Pizzicato

deadbeat wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

well, we have this
H-HOLY SHIT
Xylem Beer
Singsing leaves c9. :(

That rubick brawl looks fun, can't wait to play it.
AutoMedic

deadbeat wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

well, we have this
I played this

best decision ever to waste a few hours
Pizzicato
rip treasure keys
deadbeat

Pizzicato wrote:

rip treasure keys
guessing i'm not the only one disappointed with the 2 new chests ;w;
Nwolf
lol another Furion set
lol another Rubick set
lol another UGLY Puck set

treasure chests are getting more and more boring
deadbeat
batrider set was good. rest was bleh. my friend and i are convinced that the sets in the Hero's Heirloom chest are just new bloom rejects that never made it into the event :/
AutoMedic

deadbeat wrote:

batrider set was good. rest was bleh. my friend and i are convinced that the sets in the Hero's Heirloom chest are just new bloom rejects that never made it into the event :/
super true
Pizzicato
yeah im so disappointed at the 2 chests right now

kunkha set on that hero's heirloom is really cool though
deadbeat
i really liked the Dragon's Ascension's set. that was the last one i was really happy with :<
Nwolf
I liked the last Phantom Lancer set because it was different from all other sets, most other item sets especially out of the new treasures just seem to be.. the same.
Pizzicato
no one likes the puck set from eternal alliance? D:
[ Nana ]
Puck set's cool and all, with all the mastery gems and whatnot, but it's definitely not what I'd spend all that money for. All in all, that particular chest is definitely overpriced, and the sets themselves will drop in price pretty soon anyway (as they already are starting to drop).

The problem for me is with the two new chests. The pre-TI4 chests, also appearing in pairs, priced the same, contained much more interesting sets. But the ones now are... just a no-no. The Dark Seer one looks pretty cool, same with Batrider, the Rubick one is kinda overdone but I still like it. Which I can't say about the other sets. The Puck set is barely noticable, Furion's is so minimalistic I don't know why they even bothered adding it (especially after what the last set for Furion looked like, this one is just nowhere near), the rest are all purely uninteresting.
Nwolf
All Furion sets look the same, I don't get why there are more than 3 anyway
Vuelo Eluko
so ive played dota 2 for around 50 games. today was a good day.

I got called a smurf
Someone gave me a FULL set to wear for my hero for free
lost 3 games in a row because 2+ of my teammates left [they were funny games]

This character is hands down the funnest ive ever played.
5-1 overall on it

if anyone wants to play with a new scrub with a barely positive win/loss add me up. i ended up going from 28-24 to 28-27 because of the 3 games in a row with leavers, and no it wasn't in low priority queue just bad luck...
Remco32
Buy TPs
[ Nana ]
Get used to it, ragequitters can be found pretty often at this day and age. And it will only increase when Goblin Techies are added (which is announced to happen in the next 2 weeks).
I just hope the balance patch hits the game soon. Deathball push strats are way too powerful... and abused because of that.

@Nwolf that's a pretty good point. They pretty much exhausted the options for that hero, all the sets coming for that hero from now on will one way or the other resemble the old ones, which will get really boring. And if they finally kill Treasure Keys, like they are trying to do for some time now, people are going to be pissed if in some of those chests that are yet to come, a totally unoriginal and therefore cheap Furion set is what they get for, say, $2. I'd much rather see some sets for Terror, Brew, Enigma etc.
Mercurial
All the roster changes happening and no one talking about it...

GG Dota 2 osu! thread confirmed ded.
[ Nana ]
It's nothing new that Puppey and Kuro left Na'Vi, Era left Fnatic, Sing left C9...
What is interesting tho is where will they go, since none of them admitted leaving the competitive arena.
Magicphoenix

[ Nana ] wrote:

It's nothing new that Puppey and Kuro left Na'Vi, Era left Fnatic, Sing left C9...
What is interesting tho is where will they go, since none of them admitted leaving the competitive arena.
well, Puppey and KuroKy are joining up with S4, Fly & BigDaddy
[ Nana ]
Not confirmed yet. It's a rumor, yes, considered true thanks to gosugamers, but it's not confirmed. To tell the truth, I'd much rather have Bulldog leave Alliance, since the team is too heavily depending on him and rat dota strats. Which is not likely to change even if the 'new Alliance roster' comes true (with MiSeRy and fng or Wagamama replacing s4 and EGM).
Ceph23
What I'm really interested in is what their team's name will actually be.
I mean.... they're not seriously planning on playing using THAT name right?

You know if they really ARE teaming up
Magicphoenix

[ Nana ] wrote:

Not confirmed yet. It's a rumor, yes, considered true thanks to gosugamers, but it's not confirmed. To tell the truth, I'd much rather have Bulldog leave Alliance, since the team is too heavily depending on him and rat dota strats. Which is not likely to change even if the 'new Alliance roster' comes true (with MiSeRy and fng or Wagamama replacing s4 and EGM).
yep, here u go
Roxas
Tinker Team is underestimated or am I wrong?

Ceph23

Magicphoenix wrote:

yep, here u go
Yes!! But still no name.

Also. Does anyone know if there is a time limit as how long you can wait before we can request returns from bets?
Or can we just have the bot wait forever until we ask for the returns?

NVM. found a thread saying it lasts 10 days
[ Nana ]
So apparently SF won't get a remodel, and even though Void is getting one, they still will release a new set for him prior to it.
I still wonder what's the point of Arcana showdown if PA, the winner, isn't the only one to get it - SF, Kunkka and Techies are going to get their arcanas as well.
Speaking of which, Techies are going to get released in the upcoming week - they already did in the test client. About time to take a break from Dota. >-> Especially since there's no signs of any balance patch coming...
deadbeat
so techies is now a thing.
[ Nana ]
inb4 hype->feed->rage->hate
Why did they remove the chest from this update tho, the sets were kinda nice...
Pizzicato

lotsatryhards
AutoMedic

Pizzicato wrote:

lotsatryhards
Played techies

bait capabilities is op as fuck

stupid enemies keep following me

also suicide op
[ Nana ]
kinda let down there's no allah akbar scream when using the Suicide Squad! Attack skill

so apparently Techies works as a nice counter for Huskar, throw 2-3 barrels around you and when Huskar uses Life Break (for example out of the jungle, apparently Huskar players love doing it) to get to you just detonate them, free kills <3
Ceph23
I haven't been on a game today that the team with a Techies won.

Too many people claiming they know how to play techies, when really, all they know how to do is plant mines near the secret shops.
Nwolf
There are no people in your average pub that knows how to play with Techies
Magicphoenix
For days like these I'm happy I reached 5k+ where everybody tryhards enough to not pick Techies.

I know one guy who had all his frontpage matches with Techies and not once has the team with Techies won. They need to watch some good old Ritter DotA to see how2play Techies (in the Phillipines)
Ceph23

Ceph23 wrote:

I haven't been on a game today that the team with a Techies won.

Too many people claiming they know how to play techies, when really, all they know how to do is plant mines near the secret shops.
That is the case.

Except there were some ranked games (I think there were 3 this day) were people picked techies and then continue to suck horse balls right after.
I'm at 3.9k mmr BTW.

Edit: okay in retrospect, 3.9k mmr is still a pretty shitty hole.
show more