forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
AutoMedic

Pizzicato wrote:

average skill of pinoys are very low but 2 pinoys are leading at SEA solo MMR rankings with 6.5k mmr
haven't played with russians yet so i cant tell
True. Some pinoy players only know to scream at teammates heck they don't even know basic wards spots
Sven-_old
in my thought......for those player who roled support and doesn't buy any wards...means they are freaking noob...like i always play in pub match in SEA
- Nevermore -
a good teammate have a best chance to win
all about your teammate and how they win the game not the "ROLE" and "SUPPORT/CARRY/GANKER/SOLO MID.
example of IG they play 3 agi 2 int in tournament but they still win because they make a good team
Why Burning GPM is always 900++ ?
Because A good support and a good teammate make him fat
so if want to win the game just make a good teammate :D i am sure you will win even in solo ranked :D
gretay
i found many pinoys in pub match , i don't play ranked recenty because my friends afraid with my freakin skills (sometimes MVP sometimes the worst) most of them just aim kills (KS) and doesn't even help when i go and say "bobo".....
Sven-_old

gretay wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

no there are a lot of people picking snipers lately, and at SEA he lanes mid most of the time so he's easy to counterpick :^)
for me sniper is a hard one for early game , his range omg attack us and i can't attack him

no...don't pick sniper...i dunno for full reason...but sniper is the most easiest hero with a high risk chance and also easy for counter....you will know the reason why in TI there's no one pick sniper
Navizel

Sonatora wrote:

Skilled Pinoy Players that know's what they're doing (like me, and probably Nav) plays in EU servers. Let me tell you this as a 3k mmr player, russians are a pain in the ass to carry
Overestimating. Maybe I'm decent but I'm still new to Dota 2 (not dota 1). I can't even play ranked yet so I don't know if this will mean anything later. Not to mention I suck at other heroes
gretay

Sven- wrote:

gretay wrote:

for me sniper is a hard one for early game , his range omg attack us and i can't attack him

no...don't pick sniper...i dunno for full reason...but sniper is the most easiest hero with a high risk chance and also easy for counter....you will know the reason why in TI there's no one pick sniper
i've tried sniper , he's so squishy and yup can be countered easily but i dunno why sometimes i find a really really carry sniper
dNextGen
the only reason to visit seattle

AutoMedic

dNextGen wrote:

the only reason to visit seattle

OHMYGOD WHAT
Fabi
Played 2 games yesterday after a month, won them somewhat easily luckily. Daily reminder that the brs are a pain in the ass.
The easiest way to climb for me is to pick Void.
Magicphoenix
Easiest way to climb MMR = Zeus & Wraith King
Remco32

Magicphoenix wrote:

How's that unbalanced?
Sven-_old
hope there's no dream coil puck which is mainstream in international
gretay

Magicphoenix wrote:

WK , so carry and tank ~_~
Magicphoenix

Remco32 wrote:

Magicphoenix wrote:

How's that unbalanced?
I try to play Zeus every game. He really is overpowered. And WK too. And both together are even more overpowered. (support WK).
BKB, no BKB, Linken's, no Linken's, Pipe, no Pipe, nobody cares. You just slam 'em.

7 wins out of 8

ed: my most recent WK matches (i started all of them support)

I can write a few tips to those who are interested in some. Basically for pubs, you need to figure out which hero is the most broken in each patch and then pick them and bring them to perfection. Last patch it was Treant, Terrorblade, Ember Spirit, Phoenix.

This time, in my opinion, it's Zeus and Wraith King.
Zeus is the most damaging output hero in the game and WK has a way too ridiculous stun. Both work in almost all line ups.

Note that this is of course for full tryhard players only (like me) lol
Fabi
Nice history match :P, whats your mmr?
Magicphoenix

Fabi wrote:

Nice history match :P, whats your mmr?
5k solo & party
I dropped from 5200 to 4800 one-two week(s) ago where I failed horribly. Then I found out how overpowered Zeus was...

ED: Actually, since I'm bored until the EG vs DK match starts, I'll write some stuff.

Zeus guide incoming:
SPOILER
For Zeus u want to start with 2 tangoes and preferably 2 shared tangoes (1 is fine too), otherwise, you can buy a tango yourself or just skip it if you're against a hero that's unable to harass you hardcore lv1. The reason for this is, your attack animation + dmg is shit, so you need to last hit with arc lightning -> fast bottle.
Skill build is always the same, Arc -> Bolt -> Bolt -> Aura, max bolt => max aura => max arc. Ofc max ulti whenever possible.
Unless you get a really good rune like Haste/Invis AND see an incredibly good chance to kill a hero on another lane, farm until you're level 7, at the very least. That's right, you can already kill your enemy solo mid if you're lv4 or 5, but your explosive damage starts when you get that maxed bolt + ult combo on the enemy. After that, get TPs & Smokes, kill heroes. It's incredibly easy as fuck to kill heroes with Zeus because u do 2much fkin' dmg.
The Item build is pretty straightforward as well, with few variables. Just buy Bottle first -> into Magic Stick/Wand -> Arcane Boots -> Dagger/Force Staff -> Aghs -> Refresher.
The reason you need Dagger (I prefer it over Force Staff) is because you have 0 escape, close to 0 move speed and not initiate. With 0 mobility, there is nothing to kill. Unless you're sure your team can always be there with initiates (Clockwerk, Sandking, Centaur, etc.), you'd better buy one. Otherwise, buy a Dagger after you bought Aghs, 'coz it's still strong as fuck.
Of course, you can build situational stuff as well. If there's a DOOM & Lion, you might want to go Linken's (after Aghs-Refresher), if there's a PA or Slark, get yourself an Ethereal Blade.
The most important thing to note about the Skill Build is always go Aghs-Refresher. It is NEVER bad. You have enough mana and it just deals a way too fkin big of a shitton of damage. You might want to sneak in a Veil after Aghs before going Refresher - but that is your bread and butter:
R - Bolt - Refresher - R - Bolt. Stuff is killed. Nuff said. (If enemy's got BKB, well, kill the other 4 out of 5 heroes in the team)
Remco32
I'd like some pointers on WK support.
Magicphoenix
Wraith King tips
SPOILER
With Wraith King...basically you get lv3 on stun. Then buy smokes and go roam and kill people. Always keep a tp for counterganking or if you see a good opportunity for a sneak-in kill (i.e. your lane is being pushed in but u can tp so the enemyl doesn't have vision on your -> wraparound).
He is most effective in a dual lane scenario.

Skill Build: Stun -> Stats -> Stun -> Stats -> max stun, -> 1 point into aura -> max crit. Ult whenever possible.
Item Build: Courier/Wards, Salve, Tangoes, 1 Clarity, 1 Branch, 1 Smoke. If other support buys both cour/ward -> Gauntlet of Strength.
Then Boots -> (Stick ->) Urn -> Treads -> Wand -> (Dagger/Blade Mail ->) Armlet -> Stuff.

I prefer to only get Stick when it's really worth it and the enemies that you gank are likely to use a lot of spells because your Urn is essential and you want it ASAP.
Both Dagger and Blade Mail can be skipped if you don't feel the need to buy them. But Dagger is always awesome so u can just get it whenever. If your team has good enough initiate you don't need it though.

If you go roaming, don't fret if you have to stand around a cliff for half a/one minute. Eventually, the timing will come. When you do go in, ping the hero you want to gang a thousand times. If you go onto a lane to try and gang somebody, always say "omw bot/mid/top, killing X/Y". Most don't have that much map awareness to be honest.

Sorry this looks kind of underwhelming lol, but it's just the general plan what I do to win the games lol. To get lv3, (sometimes you can just go gang with lv1 or 2 as well. Your stun is extremly strong since it has a set stun duration and a 2 sec slow after that) just stack camp or leech some exp from the lane. If you are close to Boots (assist gold, farmed the stack, whatever), just steal 1-2 last hits from your carry and tell him to go fuck himself, you want those boots (they're still no necessity though, your base move speed is decent. But they can be extremly good ofc).

As a general tip if you want to improve - watch your own replays and see objectively where you've gone wrong. Point out important mistakes and the general mistakes you've done and try to better them in the next matches. Try to play with the least mistakes as possible rather than focus on killing stuff/big plays/the feel-good-shit. (http://dotabuff.com/players/92755545 here is my dotabuff, if you ever want to watch a replay for WK support)
Remco32
If it isn't asking too much, could you make an ingame build for these (Zeus and WK)? You can easily convert what you've typed out here in a build.
Gonna try WK support in a bot match for giggles, thanks for the tips!
Soulclenz
Heh, funny we are talking about Zeus. I can support Magic fully on what he says. I haven't lost a match on Zeus for almost 2 months now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf him into oblivion after ti4.
Sven-_old

Soulclenz wrote:

Heh, funny we are talking about Zeus. I can support Magic fully on what he says. I haven't lost a match on Zeus for almost 2 months now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf him into oblivion after ti4.

anyway talk about zeus :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2W1iimSjY
in min 3:00
AutoMedic
I'd be happy if they Nerf Zeus. A suggestion probably to reduce his ults damage but lower the cooldown to compensate
gretay

Sonatora wrote:

I'd be happy if they Nerf Zeus. A suggestion probably to reduce his ults damage but lower the cooldown to compensate
Agree with this one~ his ulti , skill 2 are really hurt can Kill and KS easily , need normalization
Remco32
Tried it and yes, Zeus destroys almost everything before the 30 minute mark.
Pizzicato
how about huskar

and not just minute 30
his 3rd skill is scaling throughout the whole game
AutoMedic

Pizzicato wrote:

how about huskar

and not just minute 30
Huskar needs a rework
Soulclenz

Pizzicato wrote:

how about huskar

and not just minute 30
His 3rd skill is really nothing special. Easy to counter via thorns or just ganging on him with physical attacks when he ults.

I wouldn't say he needs a rework, he just isn't a top tier pick currently. The only hero that needs a complete revamp imo is Broodmother.
Tshemmp
Broodmother and Huskar are the two most useless heroes at the moment (imo).
Broodmother feeds 200 gold so easily to the enemy, the only thing you can do with your spiders is trying to farm the jungle and even then you risk to lose them. And what do you contribute to your team besides your spider push? Yes, you can get solo kills as soon as you get an orchid but in team fights Brood just sucks.
And Huskar needs to be low hp to actually do something.
Soulclenz

Tshemmp wrote:

Broodmother feeds 200 gold so easily to the enemy, the only thing you can do with your spiders is trying to farm the jungle and even then you risk to lose them. And what do you contribute to your team besides your spider push? Yes, you can get solo kills as soon as you get an orchid but in team fights Brood just sucks.
I just find that Broodmother off web is too harmful. What I mean by this is if you're fighting a BM, she could have all the farm in the world and every item she could want, and as soon as you lure her off her webs, she just slooooowwwlly chases heroes and spits a weak single target nuke.

I agree about her slings being way more harm than good too, even in early game phase.
gretay
if Huskar i think it depends with the enemy and the player too , if he get many kills it'll be hard to fight him late but if he can't farm and kills he'll easy
Soulclenz

gretay wrote:

if Huskar i think it depends with the enemy and the player too , if he get many kills it'll be hard to fight him late but if he can't farm and kills he'll easy
The only time Huskar is a threat late game is if the enemy team has no hard carry and only magic damage. If such a situation occurs you're either playing AR or against a bunch of bad drafters =p. Pretty much any carry will outshine Huskar late game.

Also, your logic of a hero getting many kills = harder to deal with vs hero getting no kills = easy to beat applies to pretty much any of them xD.
AutoMedic

Soulclenz wrote:

gretay wrote:

The only time Huskar is a threat late game is if the enemy team has no hard carry and only magic damage. If such a situation occurs you're either playing AR or against a bunch of bad drafters =p. Pretty much any carry will outshine Huskar late game.

Also, your logic of a hero getting many kills = harder to deal with vs hero getting no kills = easy to beat applies to pretty much any of them xD.
The problem with huskar is, even with low damage, his attack speed is monstrous. He can semi-tank late game and still dominate with his W and E. Combine it with his R and he's unstoppable at late game
kagaminelenz

Sonatora wrote:

The problem with huskar is, even with low damage, his attack speed is monstrous. He can semi-tank late game and still dominate with his W and E. Combine it with his R and he's unstoppable at late game
He is not precisely unstoppable though.
Yes, huskar have ridiculous attack speen and tanky in late game, but it doesn't mean he don't have any weakness.

IMO this is huskar weakness:
1. His burning spear is not hurt at all @ late game
2. His passive only reduce magical damage, it means huskar is vulnurable with physical damage and pure damage. Like gretay wrote, almost all carry will outshine him @ late game.
3. He maybe tanky, but he can outshine a pure tanker because his R need no little amount of HP. It makes huskar less tanky.
4. He is useless when fight the enemy with bkb (linken too though). A smart enemy team will have a lot bkb and linken in them.
5. He really depend on skill to ganking and team fight, it means Silence, Hex, Soul burn, and all sort of disable is fatal for him.
AutoMedic

kagaminelenz wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

He is not precisely unstoppable though.
Yes, huskar have ridiculous attack speen and tanky in late game, but it doesn't mean he don't have any weakness.

IMO this is huskar weakness:
1. His burning spear is not hurt at all @ late game
2. His passive only reduce magical damage, it means huskar is vulnurable with physical damage and pure damage. Like gretay wrote, almost all carry will outshine him @ late game.
3. He maybe tanky, but he can outshine a pure tanker because his R need no little amount of HP. It makes huskar less tanky.
4. He is useless when fight the enemy with bkb (linken too though). A smart enemy team will have a lot bkb and linken in them.
5. He really depend on skill to ganking and team fight, it means Silence, Hex, Soul burn, and all sort of disable is fatal for him.
A quick Heavens Halberd + Stunlocks can turn a monstrous ultra-fed huskar into a useless one. That's what I do everytime, lol
Sven-_old
found huskar? maybe we can trust necro's scythe and lifestealer :3
gretay

Sven- wrote:

found huskar? maybe we can trust necro's scythe and lifestealer :3
for Life Stealer maybe right but umm i dont recommend Necro's scythe my friend said it's magic (i never use necro)
maybe for huskar you need Clinkz , i've seen huskar feed because of Clinkz from the early game
or Sven + Bkb - Huskar = A Pancake
Pizzicato
i once laned huskar with dazzle and treant at bottom lane. we're dire, so it was an aggressive trilane. they were against apparition, doom and mirana
he snowballed hard because they cant do anything to him earlygame

what makes him strong early game is that burning spear
it stacks too

Tshemmp wrote:

the spider bounty increase and base damage nerf really killed broodmother
gretay
Huskar's Burning spear can kill many heroes at the early game , for the brood i think if a pro plays him he is a real killer ~_~
kagaminelenz
But It's pretty rare to see a pro play brood as a full-killer
Usually, I see brood become hard-pusher and semi-killer. They focus on pushing and only kill if it really necessary (ex. team war)
show more