forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
yeahyeahyeahhh
5 of those 13 games were LP (my keyboard died with shift input registered as the last keystroke so I couldn't do anything) so I only lost 8 ranked games :)

But I've won 5 in a row now.
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

5 of those 13 games were LP (my keyboard died with shift input registered as the last keystroke so I couldn't do anything) so I only lost 8 ranked games :)

Good, keep it up! I'm currently on a suprisingly smooth road to 4100, but I haven't had much time to play ranked this week due to all my friends wanting to play games. (and as much as I love them, they suck at dota =x)
druidxd

Soulclenz wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Good, keep it up! I'm currently on a suprisingly smooth road to 4100, but I haven't had much time to play ranked this week due to all my friends wanting to play games. (and as much as I love them, they suck at dota =x)
I stopped playing ranked when there were a lot of ES and Broodmama abusers, I hope this patch is more balanced, since i'm planning to play ranked nonstop at least until 4,5k (currently solo ranked 4006, party 4070~)
dNextGen
i tried my best but only stuck at like 3,2k

what's the difference between ranked and normal matchmaking anyway

all i see is people in ranked act like they are playing in a competitive professional league not to add that they cries over the smallest thing
Ceph23

dNextGen wrote:

i tried my best but only stuck at like 3,2k

what's the difference between ranked and normal matchmaking anyway

all i see is people in ranked act like they are playing in a competitive professional league not to add that they cries over the smallest thing
I think that's all there is to it really.
Suzoku
the new AD mode is amazing @.@
Soulclenz

Suzoku wrote:

It's fun in moderation, but I prefer actual games.
Remco32

Soulclenz wrote:

Suzoku wrote:

It's fun in moderation, but I prefer actual games.
That is because you hate fun ;)
Pizzicato
i hope valve develops a system where you can place wagers like rares on a lobby match so that assholes wont unfriend + block you if they lose >_>
AdhysA
The new Ability draft gamemode

Imba games with Imba Heros mixed with Imba abilities. The game either results a ass-piercing laughs or pure hatred towards the game's randomizer :3
Backfire

AdhysA wrote:

Imba games with Imba Heros mixed with Imba abilities. The game either results a ass-piercing laughs or pure hatred towards the game's randomizer :3
I picked sniper with overpower and fury swipes. It wasnt a fun game for them.
AdhysA

Backfire wrote:

AdhysA wrote:

I picked sniper with overpower and fury swipes. It wasnt a fun game for them.
at least you had fun XD
NoHitter
Our team for one game:
Dark Seer with Blink, Vacuum, and Black Hole.
Sven with Chain Frost.
Witch Doctor with Magic Missile and Macropyre.
Dazzle with Chakram.
Jakiro (me) with Wraithfire Blast, Ice Path and Mass Serpent Wards.

That was a fun game :)
ursa

NoHitter wrote:

Our team for one game:
Dark Seer with Blink, Vacuum, and Black Hole.
Sven with Chain Frost.
Witch Doctor with Magic Missile and Macropyre.
Dazzle with Chakram.
Jakiro (me) with Wraithfire Blast, Ice Path and Mass Serpent Wards.

That was a fun game :)
Nukers Everywhere :o
Soulclenz
Ahaha, This year of the beast mode is pretty fun. I think it's my favorite so far.
Triskelion91
I don't have any flamesalt ingots. :(

If I knew they were going to be transferred into gold, I would've played more during the week!
Soulclenz
My friends and I hit 337m damage to the year beast, hopefully that's enough to snag one of the couriers.

ETA: Of course they hotfix the method to achieve said score and now I feel like a dirty exploiter.
dNextGen
S A D B O Y S 2strong,goin H A P P Y B O Y S soon
Triskelion91
I got one of the Jadehoof couriers after the ursa/firecracker change on day 1. The new entrance fee is too harsh for those with less ingots. I don't even think it's worth it anymore with those kind of payouts.
Soulclenz

Triskelion91 wrote:

I got one of the Jadehoof couriers after the ursa/firecracker change on day 1. The new entrance fee is too harsh for those with less ingots. I don't even think it's worth it anymore with those kind of payouts.
I got everything I wanted from this patch cosmetic wise, so I don't have to worry about that thankfully, but I agree.
yeahyeahyeahhh
After 2 weeks of playing and watching, Phoenix is going to be a really strong offlaner. He can support but he needs the levels too bad. Plus he's not the best ganker (though he can). He's still good at turning around dives too specially in the early-mid game if he has success in offlane (only need levels, items don't matter).

I think Bulba will be the first player to fiend it.
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

After 2 weeks of playing and watching, Phoenix is going to be a really strong offlaner. He can support but he needs the levels too bad. Plus he's not the best ganker (though he can). He's still good at turning around dives too specially in the early-mid game if he has success in offlane (only need levels, items don't matter).

Agreed. I'm excited to see him played by some pros. I enjoy using him solo suicide lately, but my playtime on him is starting to diminish and I find myself more attracted to heroes like clock or weaver for doing that.
ursa

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

beware for lifestealer

*hates his rage when I'm using phoenix's ult

also the new year beast event become worse. i see they disable for purchasing DR & Satanic :cry:
Lemozade
I couldn't really get into this game that much. I have a collective like 200 hours, but most of it is afk in the launcher :/ probably played a solid 70ish. League just grasps my attention unlike any other moba.
Remco32

Lemozade wrote:

I couldn't really get into this game that much. I have a collective like 200 hours, but most of it is afk in the launcher :/ probably played a solid 70ish. League just grasps my attention unlike any other moba.
It's okay. Some people just have terrible taste.
:D
Lemozade

Remco32 wrote:

Lemozade wrote:

It's okay. Some people just have terrible taste.
:D
Haha oh hush. :P
druidxd

Lemozade wrote:

Play scarlet rose more
Lemozade
Meh.
Tshemmp
LoL is like 10 times easier to get into than Dota. I wonder what could be done to make the entry barrier of Dota lower without making the game stale.
druidxd

Tshemmp wrote:

LoL is like 10 times easier to get into than Dota. I wonder what could be done to make the entry barrier of Dota lower without making the game stale.
The same thing could be said about Chess and Draughts/Checkers, it's 10 times easier to get into Draughts/Checkers, what should we do to chess to make the entry barrier lower? Nothing.
Lemozade

Tshemmp wrote:

Free money at the end of every dota game. :D
bmin11

Lemozade wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

Free money at the end of every dota game. :D
Isn't that kind of what's happening right now? lol
Remco32

Tshemmp wrote:

They've added:
- In-game guides telling you how to play a hero, which skills to level at which level, and what items to get at certain points in the game.
- An in-depth tutorial teaching you everything you need to know
- A coaching feature. Making it possible for seasoned players to teach their new friends how to play by giving them private in-game chat, the ability to point out stuff in the UI and making it possible to scribble things on the map and minimap.
- A limited hero pool mode, so that new people do not get overwhelmed by the 100+ heroes that all play and look differently. Shielding the new players of thinking that they have to learn all those heroes by heart just to be able to play the game.

If anything, they went the extra mile and beyond to make this game new-player friendly. I now find it possible to recommend this game to friends without them going to drown in it.
yeahyeahyeahhh

ursa wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

beware for lifestealer

*hates his rage when I'm using phoenix's ult
it's all about positioning and using your ult at the right time. I'm almost at 60% winrate with this hero now after going 0-9 ROFL

Lemozade wrote:

Whats the point in posting that?

Chinese shuffle coming soon CAN'T WAIT
dNextGen
Lolicakey
Play in Ranked is another world ;-; Teamwork > All <3
yeahyeahyeahhh
I want more Sniper in matches. CIS plz
Soulclenz

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

I want more Sniper in matches. CIS plz
No. No more Sniper pls! =(.
Magicphoenix